48 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It still needs some work to make it as a Did you know, but it has promise... If nobody else has the inspiration to spice it up a bit, I will look at it when I find the time.

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Titchy

He's already on the list, but ***did you know...

Not only was Titchy the first (and still the only) hobgoblin to record a Larson, but he was on a team of just 11 hobgoblins... and completed his Larson in his team's debut match - and completely in the first half, at that, giving him quite possibly the fastest Larson ever recorded. Of course, he's never come close to repeating that performance, but a Larson is a career's worth of accomplishments for any hobgoblin anyway!

(extra details for checking/comparing accomplishments - the team was [R] at the time, and moved to [U] in the restructure. Interception came on turn 3, with a defensive casualty on opponnent's turn 4, touchdown turn 4. The opponent 1-turned, then Titchy missed a pass turn 5, and the opponent 1-turned again. He made the pass in turn 6 for the 6-turn Larson, or 4 consecutive turns (each turn was the full turn, both teams). The match ended in a 2-2 tie, thanks to Titchy throwing the ball away to his opponents.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

***Did you know...Amun the Devourer, playing in the Orca-Cola cup series, managed a Larson in the first round; the first time on record that a mummy had managed this feat. When the announcers preferred one of his ghoulish teammates for MVP, Amun quietly went out and managed a second Larson in the very next game. This time, it was impossible to overlook the winning TD in overtime, and Amun was also chosen MVP, becaming the first (and so far only) player to record consecutive Larsons.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Zonker wrote:
Thanks Lord for all your hard work!

Thanks for the support, it is a really nice feeling to know that my fluff-stuff, silly as it may be is appreciated.

Oh, and updated the Larson HoF with the previous posts in this thread, so back to up-to-date-status Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sammy Stuttergab once managed a Larson in a mere two turns of play, intercepting a dark elf throw on turn 15 and passing for a TD.

Spurred into a frenzy, Sammy then conducted a blitz, managing to badly hurt a dark elf blitzer. The Cheddarchasers recovered the ball, and Sammy scored on the last turn of the match.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

***Did you know...that during a first round match of the 2506 Orca Cola Cup, Amun the Devourer became the first ever mummy to “pull a Larson”. When at the end of that historic match, to the astonishment of the crowd, the announcers awarded the MVP to one of his ghoulish teammates, Amun not only refused to give any post-match interviews, but he even forewent his traditional post-game “snack” that had made him so popular.

This painful event however, set the stage for one of the greatest feats in the history of Bloodbowl. Spurred on by the grave injustice of the previous match, Amun simply completed another Larson in the very next game by scoring the game-winning TD in overtime. This time, the Orca Cola representatives dared not overlook Amun, fearing retaliation by his fans, leading to the first ever Mummy Perfect Larson. To date, Amun is the only player to ever record consecutive Larsons.

I am considering adding this spruced up version. Anyone care to further improve it?

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, that's much better.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Another one here, that is not on the list, if you could add him please;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=4292503
Rampage76

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Should this guy be included?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=5635279
I know he lacks a cas but he´s got everything else
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Rampage76 wrote:
Should this guy be included?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=5635279
I know he lacks a cas but he´s got everything else

sorry, no, only thing it can lack is an MVP, all the rest is integral to making it a Larson.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My orc blitzer, Kritz Da Heartbreakah managed a Larson ages ago. But it was vs. halflings so I didn't bother to report it:P

But to keep the records accurate, i'm doing so now...
tragedy4you

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Heres one of mine for a Larson, Skaven Gutter ^^

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=4693074

in this Game

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2200677
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Splutticus wrote:
It still needs some work to make it as a Did you know, but it has promise... If nobody else has the inspiration to spice it up a bit, I will look at it when I find the time.

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Titchy

He's already on the list, but ***did you know...

Not only was Titchy the first (and still the only) hobgoblin to record a Larson, but he was on a team of just 11 hobgoblins... and completed his Larson in his team's debut match - and completely in the first half, at that, giving him quite possibly the fastest Larson ever recorded. Of course, he's never come close to repeating that performance, but a Larson is a career's worth of accomplishments for any hobgoblin anyway!

(extra details for checking/comparing accomplishments - the team was [R] at the time, and moved to [U] in the restructure. Interception came on turn 3, with a defensive casualty on opponnent's turn 4, touchdown turn 4. The opponent 1-turned, then Titchy missed a pass turn 5, and the opponent 1-turned again. He made the pass in turn 6 for the 6-turn Larson, or 4 consecutive turns (each turn was the full turn, both teams). The match ended in a 2-2 tie, thanks to Titchy throwing the ball away to his opponents.

The trouble is there are several accomplishments here -

1) First (and only) hobbo to get a larson
2) Fastest Larson? (4 complete turns)
3) Quickest Larson (Match)? (End Turn 6, 1st Half)
4) Earliest Larson (Career)? (1st half, Debut Match)

Well the important thing is to figure out if it really is the fastest ever...

Going though them all would be... horriffic. If only everyone could check their own, or at least we could split up the endeavor.

If it's not the fastest ever, it can just be,

***did you know...

A member of the Magnificent Eleven, a team of 'promising' hobgoblins, Titchy became the first hobgoblin to record a Larson, completing it in the first half of his team's debut match. Of course, he's never come close to repeating that performance, but a Larson is a career's worth of accomplishments for any hobgoblin anyway!

-----
Who's the fastest? Update:

Checked all the Perfect Larsons for people who completed thier larson in the first 6 turns or in 4 consecutive turns.

2 finished theirs in turn 8 of the first half: Finwe of Caledor & T Hawk

Thundercall: Unclear. No replay (and his oppo says he was buzzing? but he intercepted, so it must have been drugs or knuckles or something). The match report is lengthy but inexact. It's fairly clear that Thundercall had made a TD, CAS, and INT by the end of the first half, but there's no indication that he made his completion until later. His "DYN?" passage states that it was completed in the first half, but there is no evidence that it was by turn 6.

Vas: Replay incomplete and unclear, but no casualties were inflicted by his team by the end of the first half.

Valdrek Bloodgaze: Replay very incomplete and unclear. 2 cp, 2 td; Int and cas came close together, but in 1st or 2nd half?

Larsons: 1st 3 - None

Last edited by Walks_in_the_Sun on %b %17, %2008 - %21:%Jul; edited 13 times in total
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Two Perfect Larson to boast of...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=3359915

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=5151392
clownfoot

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2008 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to check - is this still the place to report a Larson? One of my Vamps just managed one (my first - woo-hoo!), but failed to record the MVP, so not a perfect, but a Larson nonetheless. Details can be found here...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=5429494
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2008 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh nice to see you are still around Splutticus, still proud of my beastman so far up on the larson list Smile

btw, i realized i have another player with a larson

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2598972

Just a lionwarrior, so not quite as impressive as the beastman, but hey Wink
 Jump to: