21 coaches online • Server time: 05:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of this undead allies roster?
It's alright.
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
With some fiddling, it could be playable.
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
No, it's a bad idea.
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 35

m0nty

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Since we have these three new undead teams close to approval for open use, the next experimental team to consider might be an allied team combining their talents. The following is NOT a request to get a new roster approved for use on FUMBBL - I know that is not possible - it is just a suggestion to fuel debate. The name for the team would be Undead Legion or Tomb Army, something like that (EDIT: on reflection the best name would be Nehekhara).

0-1 Mummy 110000 3 5 1 9 Mighty Blow, Regenerate G S
0-1 Flesh Golem 120000 4 4 2 9 Regenerate, Stand Firm, Thick Skull G S
0-2 Thrall 40000 6 3 3 7 G
0-12 Zombie 30000 4 3 2 8 Regenerate G

Re-roll counter: 70000 gold pieces each
Allied races: Khemri, Necromantic, Vampire.
Stars: Ramtut III, Count Luthor Von Drakenborg, Thrud.

The team would be assumed to have a necromancer as head coach, so kills would produce rookie linos as per Necro teams. This would mean that the team couldn't hire a wizard either.

As per all allied rosters, you can buy either two more linos or one positional from each allied race, for the normal costs (i.e. you can have 2 mummies and 2 flesh golems). No apothecary would be available, not even for the thralls. No big guys, of course.

A usual starting roster would be: 2 mummies, 1 flesh golem, 1 vampire, 1 ghoul, 2 thralls, 4 zombies, 2 RR, FF9, 10k gold left over. Or, if you're worried about OFAB: 1 mummy, 1 flesh golem, 1 vampire, 2 thralls, 6 zombies, 3RR, FF9. Or, if you hate vamps: 1 mummy, 1 flesh golem, 1 thro-ra, 1 werewolf, 7 zombies, 3RR, FF9.

Playing this roster would be interesting. Team development would be limited, since there are only five positional spots. Your vampire would be crucial in ball-handling, but with only two thralls to choose from when you go OFAB, you would have to keep them healthy - rerolls are expensive in allied teams, so you would probably be stuck on 2 or 3 for a long time. The team would be fairly bashy with up to two ST5 and two ST4 positionals, but beyond the tanks you would struggle to hold the line solid with zombies, especially since it would take a while to get Block for everyone. Your main scorer would most likely be the vamp or the single necro positional, with werewolves or ghouls being the most likely choices. Altogether, you get a fair spread of the advantages and problems of the various races: good at bashing, mostly poor at ball handling, and cursing that OFAB.

What do you think?

Last edited by m0nty on %b %05, %2003 - %07:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead just stopped being a single team (for good reason) and now you wanna bring them back into one team again?

pah...

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

this might need a little tweaking... if a vampire was hired for the team i feel more than 2 thralls would be needed for the OFAB trait. the thralls appear to be the ball handlers but there are no blitzers either... at high ratings this team would get turned into mush... i dunno.... maybe i am being picky but i think this needs a little tweaking.

N.B. Maybe i dont know what im talking about!
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

They need to get rid of the existing allied teams not make more.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with that thmbscrws... whether it is needed isnt the issue but how the roster can be improved is! Smile Smile i do think there is no harm in dreaming up new rosters and having constructive debates... they wont be used on fumbbl but they may be liked by some people and used in their house rules league. you never know tho... jervis might look at this page and think wow (unlikely) and consider experimenting the roster. at the minute the roster needs a lot of work but if it was tweaked i would have no hesitation in playing with them on tabletop... IMHO the more variety the better with teams which is why im hoping the BBRC will allow the brettonian team to become experimental...
m0nty

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason I thought of this was that it seemed like a natural extension of the current allied rosters. It could even be fluffy: necromancers creating teams of all kinds of undead through arcane dark magics et cetera. It would be a bit silly to have those other allied teams and have these three undead rosters not being represented amongst allied competitions.

On the make-up of the roster, I thought I would start modestly. The other allied rosters have a pattern of 1 each of all allowed big guys, plus two linos of a particular race, then 12 linos of another. The 12 linos have to be zombies to enable the raise dead spell. The two linos have to be thralls to feed the vamp. There might be a case for adding a 0-1 vampire, so that you could buy 4 thralls for him - assuming you're not daring enough to buy 2 vamps with only 2 supporting thralls! If other changes are needed, they would be in making mummies or FG 0-2, or maybe adding a 0-1 werewolf if it gets changed to ST4. I would be interested to hear debate on this.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks playable to me iwould use
2 mumies 220K
1 Fleshy 120K
1 Wolf (i love wolfs) 120K
2 thralls 80K
5 Zombie 150K
3 rrs 210K
9 ff 90 K
Total 990K (unless i missed something out)

Apoth then 1 Vamp first things to buy

Would play quite well if you use the werewolf as a quick blitzer/scorer
would be interesting mabye allowing an extra wolf would make it easier to win as this team (would need play testing)
Torg

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want an Udead Pact team, just use the current official team that will probably be made unofficial when the 3 experimental undead teams become official. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW: the best fluffy name for this team would be Nehekhara, to fit with Warhammer history and the geographic naming policy of two of the other allied teams.
 Jump to: