57 coaches online • Server time: 18:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post 4 Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Please use this thread to post WWB trash talk and any other useless information that you don't want to send through email.
Surprised
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

<u><b>Week #1 - Preview</b></u>

<u><b>NA East</u></b>
Chaaarge! (Norse) vs Malevolence (DE) – No one wants to play Norse to start the year. The elves must hope to avoid the evi1 1’s on their dodges to have any chance of slipping past Chaaarge!.

12plus Angry Rats (Skaven) vs IronForge (Dwarf) – Two contrasting styles will battle it out. Will the rats be able to race their way to victory or will the dwarves be eating rat stew?

Mal Havoc (Human) vs Dodge This (Orc) – The balanced human team will need to play an agility game with the green rough necks. Orcs would like nothing more than a slugfest.

<u><b>NA West</u></b>
Dinotopia (Lizardmen) vs Judas Priestess (Amazon) – With all these dodgers the question is will anyone get any grass stains? Zons must avoid the Saurus.

Deadlines! (Skaven) vs Sultans of Slice (DE) – This one could easily see 4-5 TDs scored. A skill-less DE team is tough to play with unless you get the lucky rolls.

Black Crag Blood Sox (Orc) vs Grugni’s Grudgebearers (Dwarf) – Blood, broken bones, and general carnage. I wouldn’t mind buying a ticket to see this one.

<u><b>European</u></b>
Steel Dogs (Chaos) vs Warpstone Plagues (Skaven) – No block Chaos trying to take down dodging rats is a bad combination. Steel Dogs would like to stick their horns where the sun don’t shine.

Elfheim Gold Rush (HE) vs Silver Pegasus (HE) – I doubt these “fancy” boys can even hurt each other. Bonus to either team that can actually manage to inflict a casualty.

Snake-Eyes (Lizardmen) vs Return of the Ancients (Undead) – A rumble in the jungle. Will the Saurus send the undead crying home to their “mummies” ?

<u><b>Aussie</u></b>
Gortag Warskulls (Orc) vs Knights of Khorne (Chaos) – The 2 bashers from down under meet in week #1. Wonder if anyone will score?

World of Sport Legends (Chaos Dwarf) vs Old Country Hooligans (Halfing) – Get the medics and stretchers ready. Hmm … 8 rerolls and no Apoth for AV6 stunties …. Interesting.

Tvarnholm Bearskins (Norse) vs Shining Force (HE) – As long as their armor holds up, 11 blockers are tough to beat. Elves are hoping for the duck and dodge technique.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.. Skaven.. an excellent chance to show why we are known as the Sultans of Slice!

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

o boy. I get to play dwarves. hurrah Hey Mully you know I was just kidding about being in West instead of East right?
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Humans will show why we are the dominant race in BloodBowl and the entire World! Bring on the scrotums!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Armour? Our Bear (bare?) Skins is all that our Men need! These weedy Elves will be but our first step on the road to Global Mastery!

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
m0nty

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The first WWB match was a massacre, I'm afraid. Put halflings without a big Guy up against fully armed chaos dwarves and carnage is the result. I commend Miyuso for his excellent attitude... good luck with your 8 flings in the next game!

EDIT: Oh right, I'm supposed to trash talk! Well... um... beware all you... um... stunty people, I'l make you all my... erm... bitches. Yeah, that.
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Psiko - I don't fell bad for you at ALL. My zons get the "Eastern" dwarves my next game. Hope I can win $50K for that fireballing wizard !
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The Commish won the 2nd official WWB game in turn 8 of OT. Unfortuneately killed 2 skinks in the process. One of them will most likely lead the league in SPPs for week #1 (11 spps). Big Ooops and Sorry Shaq. Zons were on the rag through 6 turns before turning ferocious.

Judas Priestess 3 vs 2 Dinotopia

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The Halflings will be the winners of the Tourney, we have weight of numbers (no really, u know how cheap they are) and will survive to feast on your remains!

Brad
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing your halflings will be feasting on is their teeth, as they get force fed to you by iron shod gauntlets.

The halfling race is an unfortunate side effect of failed slann engineering, and we look forward to reducing the numbers of your race by 14 when we meet on the pitch. Miserable races such as yours have no place in any civilized society. I'm not disparaging you, we simply seek to create a better world.

Regards,

Sheik Yar Booty, Captain of the Sultans of Slice.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Pah! Chaoz... zey zink zey are ztrong... but offer zem a warpztone and zey will run home to mozer...
Ztill... zey are bezzer zan alot of ze ozzer teamz.
- Ratzak Longfang, Warpstone Plagues Blitzer

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2003 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! I see the 'zons didn't get enough cash for their sissy wizard! After I get done teaching the Orcs to write they're own book of grudges (suppose we'll have to teach 'em to write first....) we're coming for you Mully!

Hope you like the taste of Dwarven boot leather.....

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

As commish I may have to "loan" those Orcs some mighty blows for the game. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Played my first match in the tourney with me darkies against a bunch o' rampaging norsemen. Was going well until the last turn of the 2nd half when the norse ended up sending the game into O/T. Thought we had it up until one o' me linemen failed a GFI to create a TZ. Norse still needed a 1 die block and a GFI. Went into O/T and promtly ended up kicking off...Norse bulled their way to the endzone despite my darkies best attempts...stole the ball but then dropped the long pass attempt to my open lineman way down the field (needed a 3). Norsemen took complete advantage and knocked the passer down and picked up the ball and waltzed in on a GFI to win the game.

All in all it was a well played game with a lot of twists and turns. Thanks for a fun, strategic game Ug.

Sorry I forgot...Trash Talk...Norse suck Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
 Jump to: