51 coaches online • Server time: 18:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

This years FUMBBL Cup is big, not as big as last year but its still the most important major of the year. Something I love about majors is watching the plucky underdog take it to the bigtime teams and win... or just hurt them badly. Although I like the underdog in a matchup I will always throw the main part of my support in for the crazy teams - teams who might be at the peak of their race but really shouldnt be there anyway (or perhaps they should which is even more hilarious). This thread is dedicated to those teams.

I've tried to find as many as I can but with 256 to sort through I'm bound to have missed alot, please post your endorsement for a crazy team you know whether I missed it or not Smile

The Low Few are now regulars on the tournament scene and may well be the craziest of the bunch. However under the continuing captaincy of star blitzer Froik "the Terrible" and with up and coming blocker Dwok "Pwerhouse" some say that the Low Few are stonger than they've ever been. Does this mean they can go further than ever before? I dont know but they'll definately be a team to watch.

Next up is their kindred the Green Danger. Although I use the work "kindred" they really arent in the same league at all, some might even accuse the Green Danger of actually being suitable for a major. Outragous though they are I'm sure we'll all be there to give them a big big cheer to get them through when the going gets tough... which will be round 1 obviously.

Now we go from teams that are mean and green to a team which is green and slimey. bellos y kamellos 2 might not be stunties but they sure are crazy because they forgot their apothecary, or possibly he just disintegrated. Either way the FC is known for its horrible horrble attrition so it should be messy to watch. Fans should look out for the terrible clawed beast of nurgle which is sure to make a splash.

Lahjomattomat is team that'll make a splash even if no-one else does. Ten slabs of solid muscle backed up by some goblins with big big grins and even bigger spikes on their boots. What they lack in bench depth they make up for in gooifying things while not being hit. What you really dont want to do is hit and fail against this team because not only will it make them angry but it also means you're right next to them and you've just drawn their attention.

Vampires are another race which just isnt suited to the bone splattering gore of the FC. Fortunately no-one told the Guild of the Unseen, possibly because they never saw them. Their first round opponents certainly didnt see them coming and got roundly trounced 2-0. However a key vampire will be warming the bench against their next opponents who the bookies have tipped to be the formidable K.a.o.s. Can the unseen keep striking from the shadows at the orc menace?

Larsis Ogris are another bunch of bonegrinders. However rumours about their team training sessions have cast doubt on their chances - apparently they dont have any training. A somewhat new approach towards ogres but one which should be pretty good fun to spectate, from a good distance certainly.

Finally Administrative Incompetence are here too, hopefully demonstrating the very finest in ogre finesse.

Post your predictions, teams, and match reports here as well as any scheduled games so well can all get ready to cheer you Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nachtburg Ancients are in the fumbbl cup as well. Hard to call them an underdog though. yes, they're vampires...but they have a long history of winning games vs muscle teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Nachtburg Ancients are in the fumbbl cup as well. Hard to call them an underdog though. yes, they're vampires...but they have a long history of winning games vs muscle teams.

??? really? Confused

It looks like they are still participating in the XFL though.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly the vamps are not in the cup as they are waiting for a devastating upset in the semis of vamp xfl:)

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
Sadly the vamps are not in the cup as they are waiting for a devastating upset in the semis of vamp xfl:)

\o/

sorry, my bad.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky Plans applied but got cut off Sad
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Now we go from teams that are mean and green to a team which is green and slimey. bellos y kamellos 2 might not be stunties but they sure are crazy because they forgot their apothecary, or possibly he just disintegrated.

Well... they are Nurgle Rotters. They can't have Apo Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Green Danger is out.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Crying or Very sad Administrative Incompetance go out on a coinflip. It seems that they misfiled their bribe.

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

oh the horror!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender should post here when Low Fews match is scheduled.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2008 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

So, how are the crazy teams doing... any still left? Smile

Plorg

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2008 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
So, how are the crazy teams doing... any still left? Smile
You started this. You tell us!
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2008 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
Skolopender should post here when Low Fews match is scheduled.

Damnit! I missed this thread until now...

Well here is the replay as compensation. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2384252

I think the team needs to go to some SMACKS to get ready for the next mayors. Smile