24 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I messed up with the number of challenges in week 1. What should I do about it?
Keep the rules as written. Count the best two scores even if some teams didn't get challenged.
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Don't change a thing. It's too much work and everyone had a chance to have input on the rules anyway.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Retroactively only count the best score from week 1, keeping in line with the new rules of 2 challenges and counting the best 2 scores.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Retroactively change Week 1 so that only your best score count, to reflect that you know count your 2 best and get to make 2 challenges
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
To be fair to the late arrivals and those who didn't receive any week 1 challenges, allow coaches to count their best 3 scores in week 3 or their best 2 in week 1.
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
To be fair to the late arrivals and those who weren't challenged in Week 1, let everyone count their best three scores in Week 4
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Give everyone 3 challenges (and count there best 3) in Week 4. Not only would that be farir to those who didn't get a challenge in week 1, but would make for a more exciting ending to the month.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't feel too strongly about any of the options and you are making too big a deal about all this. Just concentrate on making things better for April's Tournament.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2003 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

*** My earlier poll question disappeared. So, I've added a new better worded alternative. Which now appears to have been merged with my earlier poll. Apparently this whole thread is frelled so please post your results in the new Week 3 thread http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=1178#1178 ***

Week #3 begins Monday March 17 and ends Sunday March 23.
[b]New Tournament Website

New coaches are always welcome. Join at http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=19

Now on with week #3.

Week 3 Challenge : In the spirit of getting to know your future opponent, the Terrifying Anarchists, a little better. This week is being hosted by Gouge Orwell inspired by none other than George Orwell.
1. Although probably technically not an anarchist, how is he connected to anarchism?
2. From 1984, list two modern day equivalents of Goldstein and Eastasia and describe why you picked them.
3. Anarchism is often called Utopian Communism, Orwell presents a distopia. Briefly describe your favourite SF novel that deals with utopias/distopias. Bonus points if it has an anarchistic future/society in it.
4. Provide your favourite Orwell link and a brief explanation why you chose it.

***Reminder of an upcoming challenge***
I will be running a painting challenge for all of the coaches. To enter paint up a member of your A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. team, take a digital picture and write a bio of that player. Entry deadline will be April 30, 2003. I'll probably spring for a prize for the winner as well as giving the winner 10 pts.

Reporting Matches : Please send me PM to let me know when you've completed an ANARCHIST match or post a note in this thread. Be sure to note who was the challenger and a link to the match report. I'll regularly update the scores in this thread in the next post (just like week#1). At the end of the week I'll tabulate the game results, artistic impression scores and the week's challenge results which I'll post at the end of the thread.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism[/b]

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %21, %2003 - %01:%Mar; edited 6 times in total
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2003 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 3 Matches will be reported here.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2003 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The Crashers were still alive after Interesting Times, and decided to challenge Cripple Peak Gargants. Two turns of the game, and the Gargants were down to 0-1. The game finally ended 5-1 for the Gargants, and none was left dead on either side.

Gore! Magazine had also sent their star reporter over to the match.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=20876

Last edited by Samuli on %b %18, %2003 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2003 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Samuli - nice to use that book/movie as inspiration Smile.

-Mnemon
Samuli

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2003 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Cripple Peak Gargants have played against Grot Teef.
They have survived One Horny Bugger.
And now they will challenge Biff.

Biff, meet the orcs at the stadium, now.
Bring your team, and we'll see who walks out from the pitch as a winner. Or at all.
Beast

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2003 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Evil or Very Mad For their debut match with ANARCHIST Roar challegened Wuhans Sleepers. 2 Badly hurts in the 1st round set the pace for the rest of the match. Roar pulls out a win in their 1st match 3-0 over the Sleepers. Twisted Evil

See the Carnage here
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=21805
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2003 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=22104

I gotta go quick to class, but I will update the game later on.

Vamps Group
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=22237

must be the challenge a chaos team week

Vamps Group
grimfang

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Gnadsmasher (272) 0 vs Lord Fiskes Destroyers (213) 3

ughhhh.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=22340
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Please post matches in the NEW Week #3 Thread.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

http://www.indymedia.org

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the game was a good one right up until the last turn. Mezir who had the gmae won and had out casualitied yours truly decided that, it wasn't enough. So with only one dwarf left on the field and after the Dwarves coach Thugles Hathbreen said that his team had indeed given up and conceeded to the Interesting Times' power.

The Coach Mezir decided that the last dwarf on the field should be hit while on the ground with 8 players and a Dirty Player to do the hit. The result of coarse was the death of Mr. Smiley a core player to the Soft Fuzy Dwarf line up.

When asked why Winning and Out Casualiting the Soft Fuzy Dwarves was not enough? Coach Mezir had no reply. When asked why he could not be a gracious winner again coach Mezir had no reply.

The coach of the Soft Fuzy Dwarvesd, coach Hathbreen asks for a team to quickly challenge the Interesting Times so the Soft Fuzy One's after a few rebound games, can come back and destroy this team. The plan is to foul every turn and complete remove every on from the team.

The match report is here.

Final score Interesting Times 1 - Soft Fuzy Dwarves 0

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=22557

Thugless Hathbreen
Mezir

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you foul first? Why yes you did. Had we agreed not to foul until the other person started? Why yes we had. Did my minotaur die on a foul, causing me to thank the heavens that I had not had to apoth him to mend a niggling injury? Why yes, he did. Further, is there any reason to foul if you aren't going to give it all the damn punch you've got? What would be the use of fouling with a regular lino and no assists? No, the Dirty Player is on the team for a reason: To kill people who foul me.

Was I then within my rights to foul the hell out of you once I had the game in hand and could afford a turn-over? I'll leave that for others to answer.

Do not count on the graces of a team that has had too many players brutally maimed by fouls when you are down, bleeding, and started what could so well have become a foul war.

Interesting Times does not turn down games, as a rule. It is in A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. to get games until it can retire. I welcome people to try and kill my team. It's what Interesting Times is here for. But don't whine when it turns on you and you find yourself getting ripped to shreds. That is also what Interesting Times is here for.

Bring the heat. Smile
 Jump to: