19 coaches online • Server time: 03:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ZioCrock

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Kraark wrote:
Well, I really dont want to sound like I am complaining here because this far I really like what you'r doing: But for the Chaos pitch I'd really like to see something else. I'd like to see something a bit more Chaos Wink. Think of the Chaos Wastes from the novels, warhammer online game and you get what I mean. Eyes is the ground maybe a hungry mouth sticking out somewhere, whatever you can do to make it feel like it's in the middle of a warp paradise.

Anyway, like the WE arena also, I like that the shadows shows that there is tree's around it but not on it Smile.

no problem Smile chaos pitch is started vampire pitch, in progress I changes because i think human skin texture for background is very very chaos

but i think your is good advice .

p.s....sorry for my english Razz
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice!

Tip: when you add a new pitch, edit your first post so lazy people like me dont have scroll down to much.

GREAT WORK!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This is bloody awesome mate!

How about some branches/roots on the wood elf pitch for GFI players to fall over?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Tymless

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well ZioCrock instead of making each field with seperate weather. Make each field and weather overlays. So instead of having 3 or 4 fields for each team. you just have to make the fields for each team and when the weather changes it will just add an overlay to the normal fields. Should save some work and it will be what I was told was needed.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Tymless wrote:
Well ZioCrock instead of making each field with seperate weather. Make each field and weather overlays. So instead of having 3 or 4 fields for each team. you just have to make the fields for each team and when the weather changes it will just add an overlay to the normal fields. Should save some work and it will be what I was told was needed.

then again, it would be cool with customizations...

for example the cracks in the lizardmen pitch filling up with water, or the underground (?) darkelf pitch having fog appear on the "very sunny" result. (same effect of course)
ZioCrock

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2009 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Tymless wrote:

then again, it would be cool with customizations...

for example the cracks in the lizardmen pitch filling up with water, or the underground (?) darkelf pitch having fog appear on the "very sunny" result. (same effect of course)

create different weather is fun Wink
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2009 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm all in favour of weather overlays: there's no way i'm going to download 21 x 5 = 105 pitches, while downloading 21 pitches and 5 weather overlays is totally reasonable
ZioCrock

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2009 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
i'm all in favour of weather overlays: there's no way i'm going to download 21 x 5 = 105 pitches, while downloading 21 pitches and 5 weather overlays is totally reasonable

I understand but field are all different and weather is not adaptable...

chaos rain is blood, norska blizzard is same Antarctic, chaos heat is hell fire etc etc...
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not sure weather should change that much depending on race (a blizzard is a blizzard, no matter where it happens)

and if you count stunty teams, it'll mean a whole lot more pitches to make (75 if you make separate pitches vs 15 with overlays)... not to mention the 3 sizes (small, normal, large)
ZioCrock

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
i'm not sure weather should change that much depending on race (a blizzard is a blizzard, no matter where it happens)

and if you count stunty teams, it'll mean a whole lot more pitches to make (75 if you make separate pitches vs 15 with overlays)... not to mention the 3 sizes (small, normal, large)

chaos heat is not lizard heat Wink
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

so you say... i disagree for practical reasons
ZioCrock

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i know... Sad
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:

your feedbacks are very negative khudzlin... you sound like a spoiled brat in fact (allthough i am sure you are a good bloke)..

I mean, demotivating a great contribution to the site, because YOU dont want to download the extra files? that is just incredibly self centered, almost to the laughable

and a blizzard in the chaos wastes, underground in a skaven tunnel, or down in The Moot CERTAINLY are different.... not to mention down in the Khemrian deserts! where you have to substitute it with a sandstorm or something.

theres also no given rule that ALL pitches need to be either weather overlays or all customized

keep up the amazing work Zio and ignore these negative comments
peikko

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

These are just superb and when scaled down look great with small pitch too.

One request: could you do/save without some layers (specially the central logo) one generic pitch set too?
ZioCrock

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
These are just superb and when scaled down look great with small pitch too.

One request: could you do/save without some layers (specially the central logo) one generic pitch set too?

thx peikko Wink
all fields are psd file with many layer Wink if you want i can save without race logo Wink

need you?
 Jump to: