30 coaches online • Server time: 02:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Torr

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2003 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

According to my calculations the following 8 teams are progressing to Round 2!!! Congrats to all of you and a special congrats to Barash and Evo for having the top two most games played! Those that did not make it, keep training up your teams because the ESLT will return again.

Here is the schedule for Round 2, I am scheduling them in alphabetical order by coach names. Remember in Round 2 you only play one match, winner takes all. Overtime needs to be turned on and ties are still decided by number of casualities caused. If a tie still occurs after score and cas then the team with the highest FF will win. (Edit) There are no recovery games allowed now or after Round 2 starts. If you are one of the progressing coaches and do not wish to partake, post here ASAP, another coach will be put in place for you. Also, please drop me a one liner letting me know that you still want to be part of this if you have progressed. If you do not post that you are active, in this thread by Sunday and I cannot verify you are, then you may get replaced.(/Edit) So here we go...

Round 2:

BadMrMojo vs Barash

Evo vs Revener

Sigellius vs Spike

Torr vs ve6neo

You have one week to get your game played. March 26th starts Round 3, the Semi-Finals!

Last edited by Torr on %b %19, %2003 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2003 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

oooops.
for some reason I thought I had to the 28th.
silly me.
ah well, next time.

good luck to those who went through.
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2003 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Spike, I don't recall EVER having seen you online - when do you come out of the woodwork? Wink
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2003 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in .. BadMrMojo let's kick some stunties!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2003 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I made it with all my defeats nice!!!
To bad I won't get any futher Wink
Even if I didn't get the chance too play all of the more easy coaches Wink
Revener

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2003 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok! I lost against Evo 1-4
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=21900
damn sloppy play on my part, even let him score when he had 3 players K.O including his 2 trolls.
And of course getting a POW on the crucial blocks was nigh impossible too Wink
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2003 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Extreme Stunty Leeg Ray-dio

Let's now go to Robbie Rutabaga Roaster, an extremely excellent ex-blood bowler who used to perform pricelessly for the Almost Amazingly Awesome Alliterators Anonymous. Our rigourous roving reporter is in the tantalizingly terribly triumphant Inn'eddabble Illiderat Illiteratorz locker room. Who just beat the Snorgarsers 4-1 in the Extreme Stunty Leeg Tournaments quarter-finals.

"I'm here with Raffagin Rik, I must say you had some seriously sensational scores in today's valourious victory. Can you tell us a little bit about your first score?."

"Ya, dis beez da bigg gaym. Weez needid da whin, and dings didint luk dat gud wen da Snotgobblarz nockt oot Starrvin Sidd and Ungree Hyou errly inn da firzt haf. Butt da ladz d'id knot giv'up. Obnoksus All'ovar d'id da rite ding wen hee seez me opin inn da middil ov da feeld. Hee hanz mee da bawl en' eyd seez da daylite en' sprind az fazt az eye kan. Butt dem pezzkee Snotgobblarz dey beez perzistent en' chays avta meez. Eye juzzt raffage 'im en' smak em bak en' goez inn fer da skor!"

"You certainly set the tone early in the game by scoring the first score, but that wasn't the only time you would daringly, decisively dance into the endzone. Any thoughts on that final score that clinched the game?"

"Dat beez awl Hyou's werk. Hyou pict meez upt avter da ladz d'id ged da bawl bak. Den heez trowz meez towerdz da enzone! Eyez duz da eezy ting en' wok inda da enzone. Itt koodint hav bean dun witout Hyou."

"Speaking of Ungree Hyou, he's right here. Oh! It's not Hyou but Starvinn Sidd the other Illiterator troll... Howdy Sidd! All those hobbits out there are wondering how you prepared for this big match. Any special marvelously munchie meal before the game?"

"Kowch Evo, d'id sayz downt eet befur da gaym."

"You can't be serious. Is Evo nuts? You must be joking with me."

"Kowch Evo. sayz downt eet dem teemates. kuz dey beez inn'eddabble, but Sidd kan eet dem Snotgobblarz."

"Speeking of Snotgobblarz, didn't you almost swallow poor Rolf Erik."

"Ya, dere stoopit Dok d'id kum oot en graab 'im oota m'eye mout juzt az eye wuz aboot da swallo 'im. Dat mayk meez effen maddor en' ungrior."

"Uhmm... that's my arm you are knawing on. Eeeeeeek!"

Dead air....

"Robbie are you still there?"

"***pant*** ***pant*** ***pant*** I'm back with Killa Kile after almost not nearly narrowly escaping from Starrvin Sidd."

"Arr weez awn da ayr?"

"Yes, I'm here with Killa Kile, who graciously gathered the ball, after a poor Snorgarser frantically fouled up his landing when thrown downfield after the Illiteratorz score. Can you describe what happened next after Cree-pee Cris-stir handed you the ball. It seemed like you and Hyou had quite a discussion down on the field."

"Eyez turn ta Hyou en sayz, Hyou showz dem howe itz dun. Den eye pointz downfeeld."
"Hyou den azkz --dair beez fuud down dair?--
Eye sayz --kno juzt trow meez dair--
den Hyou sayz -- Fuuuuuud!--
da Snotgobblarz didint wayt fer uz da finis owr tawk. Dey beez bazhn da teemayts.
Zo meez sayz- --Hyou trow meez dowfeeld en' eyll kum bak wit sum fuud-Den Hyou trowz meez downfeeld."

"And then after that everyone say you get jumped by several scowling Snorgarsers. You didnt go down without a fight."

"Eyez nokt 'im down but dair beez tu ov dem. Butt eyez gedup kwik en klub im sum mor be'fur eyez ged da bawl ah'gen en d'eyve infer da skor."

"Thanks Kile, I'll let you go back and celebrate some more with you teamates. Ugglee Umbertoe, can we have a few words with the games MVP?'

"Ow-kay! Wat dew ya wanna no?"

"Well we wondering why the announcers gave you the MVP? You didn't spectacularly score or even magnificantly mangle anyone."

"Iv ya new enny ting aboot da gaym, youd no dat itz a gaym of stradegy."

"Care to enlighten the fans out there how of your blazingly beautiful brainstorm you had out there today?"

"Weez beez uhp onlee tu da wun. En weez needid da skor ahgen. Eyez notist dat da 'litteratorz fanz beez purty pist aboot Sid knot geddin da finiz eetin Rolf. Zo notissin arr chantz da git dam Snotgarglarz gud. Eyez, poind ta da ogger en sayz chaaarg! Git 'em gud! Da rev iz knot luukin! 'en weez mobb da ogger en' weez brin da bawl wit uz. Avter stompin da ogger, eyez sayz get da trool! En weez git da troool gud! Sumhow da bawl kumz wit uz klos ta da enzone, zo eye sayz do All'ovar--- Skorrrrr!!!!--- en hee skorz den weez whin! Zo datz w'eye eyez beez do Ehm Vee Pee!"

"And there you have it folks the key turning point that sealed the win for the Inn'eddable Illitteratorz!"

For the line scores check out the Extreme Stunty Leege Examiner
Spike

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigellius wrote:
Spike, I don't recall EVER having seen you online - when do you come out of the woodwork? Wink

Haha, I must be sort of a shady type then, never play and still make it to the final 8! I might crawl out of my lizzy den friday night or saturday during daytime. CU then, if yoy dare!
Torr

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Still waiting on Mojo and ve6 to post and let me know they are in this thing. Please do it ASAP because I want to replace you with someone that wants in if you are out.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

heh I'm here. Just have to meet up with Barash. Most likely this weekend.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was RSVP. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2003 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I would, but like I posted earlier, I'm actually off snowboarding for a week. I'll be back on the 30th of March.

If that means I forfeit, so be it. Obviously I'd prefer not Smile
Spike

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2003 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigellius wrote:
Well, I would, but like I posted earlier, I'm actually off snowboarding for a week. I'll be back on the 30th of March.

If that means I forfeit, so be it. Obviously I'd prefer not Smile

I will be on holidays starting 29th of may. What do we do now?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2003 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Gob Wars (Barash) 3 over Wee Evil (BadMrMojo) 1
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=24276

It was looking grim for our favorite tiny villains when they took the pitch versus the dreaded Gob Wars. They were out-Rated by 43 points, but star-minotaur Rochefort was quoted as saying, "UGH GNARK THRAAAAK!!"

Fortunately, the head coach translated that for us as, "The foolish management seeks to conserve their resources when they should be putting them to use in a more aggressive fashion now. After all, we all know that Iago's getting sacked as soon as this game's over, but simply sitting on over a hundred and fifty thousand crowns is really quite ridiculous." Quite a speech, in the rough minotaur tongue.

We later learned that Rochefort played college ball and Bust'em University, where he majored in Economics and graduated Mino Cum Loudly. Who knew?

{edit: Oh, yeah! It was a tremendously fun match, and a lot closer than expected due to some ridiculous luck on my side. Congratulations to Bare-ass (however you spell his name... Razz ) on a well deserved win and advancing to the next round! }

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2003 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I will start by saying sorry to those that will not like this, but you can't make everyone happy all the time...

Two of the four matches have been played. Congrats to the coaches that got em in!

Two of the matches have not been played. ve6neo vs me and sig vs spike.

Sig is out of town and as I told him in a previous ESLT post he could progress, but would have to get in his game before he left. He was not able to. Spike will be gone on holiday before Sig returns. That puts me in a hard place, so I will have to resolve by sticking to the ESLT post where I asked Sig to make sure he played before he left. Sorry man, but I have to disqualify you.

As for ve6neo. I have left him a PM, I have looked and looked for him in IRC. I have asked around for him and pestered others, all to no avail. He is disqualified as well. =/

I will be posting up the info for Round 3 very soon. Stay tuned. Sorry for the disqualify Sig and ve6.
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2003 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Gob Wars (Barash) 3 over Wee Evil (BadMrMojo) 1
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=24276

This was good and close game.. Wee Evil was prepared well for this contest.. a littlebit too good, especially the 1st half.

Suffering 5 SI (one niggeler saved by the apoth) and one Death goblin will make me cannon feed for the next game. (I thought 50% cas were suppsoed to be BH?)

So I knocked Wee Evil out of the tournement,. but the effect of this game will most certainly have that same effect on the SEMI final. Crying or Very sad

It was a good game Bad Mr! I was lucky to get away with 3-1.