52 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thoughtknot

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

4 5 3 9 - Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Block.

I'm slightly largeish, at around 6'6'', 230lbs and heavily built, and relatively hard to move around, thus the STR5, AV9, Thick Skull and SF.
In a both-down situation, the other guy tends to fall down and leave me standing, so I reckon that's Block.
I'm almost a movement 5 - that is, I could if I wanted to, but I'm kind of lazy, so I'll stick with not running that fast.
Agility 3, well, I manage to pick the ball off the ground if no one is around 2/3 times, just like every other AG 3 guy. Obviously I'm agility 3.
Royston

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

6 4 1 8 - Stunty, Sure Feet, Sprint, Wild Animal, n, n

MA6 - I'm neither slow nor abnormally fast
ST4 - I'm a lot stronger than I look
AG1 - serious ball handling problems, I didn't excel in any sport except cricket for some reason
AV8 - Would be AV7 but a bit of natural padding brings it up a notch
Stunty - I'm 5'7" on a good day
Sure Feet - I have big feet for my height which means I stay on them a lot
Sprint - I've got a bit of reserve speed in me, I played in defence in football, and although I didn't get the ball much (people's legs, the ball all the same really) I caught up to them quickly
Wild Animal - I don't lose my temper much but when I do I see red (literally) and don't have any control whatsoever
Niggles - bad back and bad knee, never stopped me playing sport before but can make me go from 6418 to 2216 easily

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

7 3 4 7 Block, Tackle, Pass, Kick, Stunty, Off for a beer.

Based on the fact that i'm a quick agile central midfielder who breaks up attacks and starts new ones.
And i'm short.
And i like a drink. Smile
Royston

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I may need Off For A Beer too.

Hmm, I wonder what happens if you have more than one OFAB player on the same team?

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

8 2 3 7 sprint, dodge, dirty player, niggling

or maybe, male human cheerleader... would any Amazon team like to hire me?
Tensai

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

(7)6 (3)2 2 8 sprint, sure feet, sidestep, +ma, -ma, -str, wrestle, leader

once fast and strong... who am I kidding only way is not getting on the bottom of the pile , or even better make someone els go in there instead of me.
peke

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, 6338 would be your average professional footballer. I guess a lot of 'em play on Fumbbl...

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

6 3 3 8 dauntless, frenzy, block, dodge, really stupid.

Blodge - acquired from martial arts from the age of 8.
Dauntless/frenzy - as a wing-forward in rugby went out of my way to take on the biggest.
Real Stupid - Whoever wants to bite off more than they can chew isn't that smart.
Forteza

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

6 3 1 8
Dirty Player, Piling On niggle
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am fairly tall (6'5'') , I used to be a sprinter when I was younger, but I don't think I can run quite like that anymore, and I am a bit of a sport all-rounder, so I would say

6 3 3 8 very long legs, sprint, pass block, dodge, -1MA, pro.

Oscar Wilde
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go with a classic Black Orc Blocker (4 4 2 9)

Not too quick or agile but I used to Box and Play rugby so I think I hit pretty hard and can take a wallop too. At best, maybe I might Skill up to have block or tackle as I was a pretty good centre-back at football too Smile

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

Asgovic

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on my skills as a football (soccer) player:

8(7) 3 4 8 dodge, side step, strip ball, accurate, pass block, nerves of steel, leader, -ma (ageing)

I used to be a fast and agile forward that scored a lot of goals and was hard to get down (dodge, ss). Now my pace has dropped and I've developed into a central midfielder who does a lot of ball retrieving and sets up the forwards with nice passes (strip ball, accurate). Also I'm good at reading the game (pass block) and seem to be doing well with the ball under pressure (NoS). I'm often the captain on my team so I think Leader applies as well.

In yesterday's match I was voted MVP, and the honorable prize for such an event is that you get to buy a round of beer for your team mates.
So I think I'm an elf player hired for a norse team...
Vampy

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

morraywolfymax wrote:

Max

5 3 3 8 - Tackle, mighty blow, side step.

I get my tackle from being pretty handy at tackling in rugby, mightyblow from a few punches I've launched in my day and side step because I have a pretty good sense of balance. MA 4 because I'm kinda average speed nothing special 100m in 14 I think. str3 cause I'm pretty average there, AG3 cause I'm quite agile and a decent armour cause I've also aken a few punches in my time as well and not fallen over! Very Happy

Vampy

3 4 3 9 block, mighty blow, dirty player, n

Heh heh, he'll probably laugh at the niggle but he does have dodgey knees!

Dans probably a little slower than me but a bit stronger, doubt he has the agility that I do so is AG3 and no tackle but can probably hold his own toe to toe so he has block...AND he's a dirty C**T in a fight (Bending his own brothers thumb back in a fight till it broke!!!!) so he's got dirty player.

Yeah although I would like to amend a couple things there. Firstly, I think I need guard as I am pretty handy at also getting involved in assists!

As for yourself, good sir, I suggest you have dauntless too. It don't matter who picks a fight with Max, he takes um on.

Maybe you should have foul appearance too? Wink Razz
Janzki

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Janzki the Stealer of Burgers
4 3 3 9 Always Hungry, Buzzing, Mighty Doh, Bonehead

Smile

-Douglas Adams
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2009 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

6.2.2.8 -ma,-ma,-st,-ag,-ag,-av,n (all through aging)
thick skull
catch
Nerves of steel
pass block
leap
strip ball
sure hands
and depending on who you talk to have aged into (foul appearance), but my wife and kids like me

Ex-goalkeeper with 0.43 goal against career average, please note the lack of kick admittedly a pathetic attribute for a keeper but I was absolutely wild punting the ball. Aging has not been pretty, and for anything other than coaching I am completely useless.
 Jump to: