31 coaches online • Server time: 12:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy
p4m

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Rats go!
Doowa

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

woohoo, I won the lottery Very Happy

now I only have to face dwarfs and .. dwarfs .. hehe. BRING IT! We're set to play early Monday, 8.30 am BBtime

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

awwww Rata Blanca lost its Nuffle blessing and gets kick out in a very close match, in which nuffle abandoned the rat side at halftime. Gratz Tathar and Scanner Darkly
rafadavila

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
**Milford takes a peek at the upper bracket and offers his quick fire insight***

I say you fellows will just roll the Low Few and show them no repsect. They blow the goblins off the pitch and skill up some key players and get some freebie cash.....5-0 for the Darkies in this one.

Rocketeers just lay into the Brotherhood and with the help of the PPM deliver a devastaing blow that cripples the Brotherhood and they just crumble. Rocketeers over the Brotherhood 2-1

House takes the Revengers to the outhouse and deliver a smack down. House wins this one 2-1Poems exacts a terrible revenge and lays into the Lonestars and Nuffle gives back to Poems the power of the dice, which he robbed in the qualifers finals against the Brotherhood. Poems wins this one 2-0 and walks away all smiles.

After the match Qaz and Alibaba get in a royal smack down at the local pub. Accusing each other of not doing their job against poems in their previous matches. And then it will sink in that poems is still left standing and both of them are on the outside looking in and that will set off another brawl as the Lone Stars and Brotherhood destroy said local pub.

Mate u allways predict that i will lose......... dude trust me next time XD
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2010 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine and Qaz' game has been moved one hour, so we'll start at ~22 BBtime. Cya all there!

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2010 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict the Ranked Brotherhood will share the fate of their Blackbox brethren .
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2010 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford reporting from the WO**

Just some quick fire observations from the opening round.

Well Miflord is 4-3 on the picks with one game left to go. Not bad, to bad that Bond crew could not live up to the hype. The Eaters comparisons took a serious to fatal hit after that game.

The body bags are filling up with some nice players. A lot of of High SPP players getting laid out.

The Low Few gave us a great display of the boot. To bad they dont know how to do anything else.

It will be interesting to see who gets the "edge" on the match ups with the king of the hill format in round #2.

Are you really sure that you want Miflord to pick for you every game rafadavila? ask Rijissiej about the curse of Milford.

Man did Poems take it to the Lone Stars or what? Watched the first half of that game and Poems looks in top form, they are peaking at the right time. Plus it never hurts when the CAS rolls are en fuego.

It will be an intersting second round.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2010 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

haha
p4m

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Second Round

Game I
DoowaImageViper Strike (248 / 222) vs ImageI Say You Fellows (297 / 237)Malmir

I've got the feeling this match will be diceded by Handicaps: If these are able to reduce the numbers of the DE even further the Lizzis should be able to control the field and get rid of the DE even better, if they are crappy, the DEs wont be stopped...

result 2-1 for Malmir
2-0 for Doowa Apo failed, and serious cas.... uhm.. these Lizzis had knuckels on the fists.

TatharImageScanner Darkly (292 / 231) vs ImageMagerit Revengers (272 / 227)rafadavila

Both teams got a beating in the last game, so chances are even, just 3 tackles on both sides, will make it hard to stop the other team. Tathar is still able to spend 2 skillz, i guess at least one will be tackle to get an advantage. On the other hand both teams still own a lot of money, so we might see some nice Bribes before the game Very Happy
3-2 in OT for Tathar
2-1 for Rafadavila Wee he made it, with a apo'd st4 witch in t1 and and seen her send to hospital in t2, it was good foulwarmatch...

just a short look on the 2 match ups:
this time Manp wont stand a chance (I AM SURE!) Wink
2-1 for Poems in OT
3-2 in OT Wee Chaos on the run... dead elves left and right along the way lovely...

Synn will stomp over these Dwarves liek a stampede
2-0 for LoA
1-0 for Synn Well it wasnt a stampede but Synn made it

Last edited by p4m on %b %23, %2010 - %14:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. I'm playing DE 50TS up and you think _they_ won't stand a chance? I'm flattered by your faith in me p4m!

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
p4m

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

YAR!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Myself and Doowa are going head to head tonight at 20:30 bbtime. You seem to be sitting on the fence somewhat P4M about this one. I agree - should be close.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford reporting from the Warpstone Open Second round of action **

Well Fumbbl fans the first round was exciting, bloody and fun. Lets hope the second round can also deliver the "goods". Oh lookie here! Poems advances to the second round and the Brotherhood and the Lone Stars get the boot. Revenge is sweet and brutal. Got to love it!

well lets get those picks in.

ImagePoems 267/237
VS
ImageArthalian Rocketeers 326/284

Well Poems blows the doors off the first round and comes storming into the second round of action. They are going to have to get those RSC all shined up because they are going to need them. The Rocketeers are stacked with talent and it will be a challenge to take them down. BUT Poems is on a roll and they have what it takes to get enough of those pesky blodge elves off the pitch and into the hurt locker. IF they can keep the roll going then they will just roll over the Rocketeers and advance to the semi finals. Poems has 75,000 GP and will be getting 3 handicaps for the match.

The Rocketeers have gotten this far on their star power. They are stacked with talent. 5 Star Players, 2 Super Stars and a Mega Star player. 8 Players over 51+ SPP!!! They definitly have the talent to win this game. But they need to be in top form when it comes to their dodges and protecting the ball. They only have 1 DP and he is going to have to make sure every shot is true and on mark. He is going to be the only player that will be able to deal out the punishment on the poems. I think it is obvious that the Darkies do not want to get caught up in a stand up and smack down type of game. Quick strike blitzes with a follow up DP boot is probally the order of the day. They have 70,000 gold on hand.

Well those handicaps will definitly give the Poems a big edge in this match. And couple that with the momentum that Poems is building I dont see the Rocketeers able to withstand the blows that are coming their way. Poems will lay into them and lay them out. But I do see a close fought match.

Poems over the Rocketeers 2-1 and they pull away in the closing turns of the game.

ImageLoA 235/221
VS
ImageLa Dwarfs 259/237

Well the LoA crew just keeps rolling along. These guys are so ho hum but they are effective. It is really simple for the LoA crew. IF they can get the bulls up and running then they got a shot at this one. But their LOS will be tested as they face down their cousins and well lets be frank. They have a superior LOS and will probally beat them down. SO Hobgoblins need to be leery of some crazy blitzing longbeard with MB who might just decided to blind side blitz them. LoA spent their gold on a wizard so the Fireball turnover is in play this game. They will also get 1 handicap.

The La Dwarf team has all the pressure of the dwarf kingdoms on their back. They are the last ones standing. But they are short, stout and carry a lot of MB. That should be enough to carry the day IF they can contain those bulls. They should be able to move the LOS and control the flow of the game. Grim Ironjaw could not sit on the sidelines for this so he will be making an apperance for all the star followers in the WO.

The La Dwarf have the edge in this one and I dont think the LoA crew has what it takes to break the La Dwarfs. The LoA crew is just going to get ground down and beat into the pitch.

The LoA crew will attempt to make it interesting but in the end the power of the La Dwarfs will be to much.

La Dwarf over LoA 2-1.

Last edited by PainState on %b %17, %2010 - %17:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

**Miflords quick fire picks for the top half of the bracket**

Viper Strike just lays into the I say You Fellows and runs them off the pitch. The skinks will be in top form and unstopable. And the Sauraus will just eat those elves up and spit them out.

Viper Strike over the Fellows. 2-1, but not a close 2-1 Viper Strike take the Fellows to the dung house and rip them to shreads....Gave the Darkies to much credit in giving them 1 score. Viper Strike 2-0

The Revengers will exact a terrible and swift revenge on the Scanner Darkly crew. Every blow will be the rage of a woman scorned as they show up Milford in the press box.

Revengers over Scanner 3-1 in a run away game.

Quick fire and no hesitation in these picks. Shocked

Last edited by PainState on %b %17, %2010 - %23:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: