21 coaches online • Server time: 04:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2010 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford reporting from the WO **

Another classic match Fumbbl fans!

Poems pulls out the OT victory

Poems and the Rocketeers gave us a classic Elf vs Chaos match up in this one. Poems just laid out the Darkies but the Rocketeers would not give up and battled it out to the closing minutes of OT. Poems down 2-0 but coming back to secure the victory was very impressive.

Man the Rocketters are licking their wounds after this match. They lost 256 SPP to death or retirement...OUCH!!

Looking at next round: Who can beat Poems?

LoA: not a chance
Viper Strike: Long shot at best.

Lets see how the last game in the quartefinals shakes out and see who is left standing. The pressure is squarly on Poems shoulders to "seal the deal" and win the WO.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2010 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My pick of the last 4, Magerit Revengers to win the whole thing.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2010 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else pick up on how Viper Strike and Poems are teams that made it here because they won tickets? Imagine an all lottery final!

__Synn
p4m

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2010 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Third Round

DoowaImageViper Strike (251 / 215) vs ImageMagerit Revengers (273 / 225)rafadavila

Oh wee, as last game i cant see the Lizzis to win this match... but maybe they will prove me wrong a nother time, i'd appreciate

result 2-1 for rafadavila

Synn with LoA vs Leijonet with Poems... not much to say to top coaches with top teams... oh well at least poems is in good shape.. gl Synn you will need it
2-0 for leijonet
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford reporting from the semi finals in the WO **

Well Fumbbl fans we are down to the final 4. And the looming question is can anyone take out Poems? It seems that the tourney has become a one horse race. But that is why we play the games, you never know, this is Blood Bowl after all.

ImagePoems
VS
ImageLoA

Well poems is just rolling along. Taking names and number. They seem unstoppable. But are they? We will find out when they lock horns with LoA this weekend. They have to some how contain those Bulls to win this one. They are giving up 3 handicaps and playing down a Chaos Warrior. They have the gold to get some help or buy a wizard. I dont think they will sit on the gold this close to the end. If poems can contain the bulls and get their CL/RSC game up and running they will just walk over the LoA crew and stroll into the finals. They have AG stat upgrades out the wing wang and should be able to deftly move the ball down field and contain the LOS. On paper this game should be a good warm up for the finals match.

LoA on the other hand only has one option. Get the "rock" in their Bull Centaurs hands and roll the dice. That is the totality of their game plan. All other options are out in this match up. They do have the talent in their BC to get the job done if it starts going their way. They really need 3 good handicaps to give them atleast a slight edge in this match. They have 85,000 gold so their options are limited. On paper the LoA crew is toast, but then again on paper they should have been burnt toast about 3 games ago. SO I will leave the door open for a close fought win that comes down to the last few plays and the LoA crew some how pulls it out.

In the end the dream scenario for LoA will not play out. Poems blows off the LOS and starts to lay out the LoA crew with some devastating blitz cl/rsc and a full barrage of the "boot". It will be a all out assault on the CD's and by turn 7 they will be broken.

Poems 2-0 Over LoA and walk to the finals.

In the other match up we have the darlings of the WO the Viper Strike crew.

ImageViper Strike
VS
ImageMagerit Revengers

Well Viper strike is on the cusp of greatness. They have the golden shot to win the first ever major for Lustria. But those dang dark elves stand in the way. Viper Strike is going to have to rely on their skinks to control the ball and hope their Saurus can get some traction against the blodge elves. They only have one tackler and he is going to be busy this game. They have the ST to control the LOS but the skinks will be the weak link for them. IF they can control the LOS and get some timely blows in they have a good shot to carry the day.

Magerit Revengers come in the game a little beat up but more than capable of taking this game. They have a lot of blodge and their AG will come in handy to get out of the reach of the big uglies on the LOS. They just need to stack those skinks up like cord wood and they will walk into the fianls and a date with destiny.

Revengers will find a way to take this game 2-1 in a very exciting match.

Last edited by PainState on %b %03, %2010 - %17:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Anyone else pick up on how Viper Strike and Poems are teams that made it here because they won tickets? Imagine an all lottery final!

__Synn

So that was the dead fish smell that was all over the WO lottery draw.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Any known dates when these games will be played? Very Happy
rafadavila

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2010 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

my game will be played on monday 22:00 bb time
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2010 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

yup it would be cool

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford reporting from the WO Semi Finals **

LoA and Poems are getting ready to kick off in a few hours and the Fans are packing the stadium. LoA is a heavy underdog but coach Synn has been talking it up getting his guys primed and ready. It should be a great match.

Poems looks confident and poised in the pregame warm ups. They dont seem to be phased by coach Synn's tom foolery.

Witch Hunter Brimstone of the PPM is in attendance to watch the match. He assures everyone he is here as just a fan and wants to see a good match. The PPM has no plans for this game and he is going to kick back, have some fun and drink a ton of beer.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford hanging out at the beer stand at half **

Well Fumbbl fans the WO is going crazy at the beer stand. LoA just punched in the first score to go up 1-0 at the break. The fans are very excited to see how this plays out. Can LoA hang on knock out Poems so close to the end?

Hey beer guy I need 6 beers!!! Need to get back to the press box.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford at the Warpstone Open **

What a match Fumbbl fans!! LoA pulls out the upset and stands on the cusp of greatness. It was bloody, Titanic and trully a spectacle of the Boot. LoA gets the ref twice and just lays out Poems.

Well this now opens up the finals match for a trully epic affair. Can Viper Strike or Magerit Revengers do what no one can? Take out LoA and take the trophy home.

After the match I asked Witch Hunter Brimstone about the match. "Well those refs deserved everything they got and Poems had to pay the price for their (the refs) double crossing ways." What? is it possible that the PPM some how intervened in this match? When I press the witch hunter on this point he just winked and kept smoking his cigar and left with a throng of babes on his arm.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford Reporting from the WO **

Well the party is still going strong at the WO as the streets are filled with celebrating fans. I cant figure if the fans are cheering that LoA won or Poems lost. But hey it does not matter!!

I see that the beer bong stand has a line ringing the building and the pubs and taverns are flowing over with good spirits. Talked to some of the supporters of Viper Strike and the Revengers and now the pressure is really building. Not only the pressure of winning their semi-final match but the pressure knowing they have a good chance to take out that LoA crew.

Well lets get another round of drinks and party until monday and the other Semi Final match is played.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2010 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Talked to some of the supporters of Viper Strike and the Revengers and now the pressure is really building. Not only the pressure of winning their semi-final match but the pressure knowing they have a good chance to take out that LoA crew.

Pfft.... I will gladly hand the winner of that game 16 fouls like I just did to Poems.

We love our underdog status.

__Synn
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2010 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ARRGGGG!!!! someone pulled Milfords press pass and he is stuck outside the stadium. But the cheers and boos raining down from the stadium tell me it is a close fought match, 0-0 at half. I talked to some specs through the chain link fence outside and they are saying its a close fought match and think it will be a nail biter.

(poor Milford is stuck at work and actually working today)