26 coaches online • Server time: 03:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello and goodday to the first major of the year. We proudly present the infamous WARPSTONE OPEN!

A big THX to all the admins and helpers involved. We love you (well at least i do - sometimes little things have to be enough).

WO - what's new? Well this year our investigators sensed we will see new things and old stuff in new clothes.
Koth: well despite the "more work" for all the guys doing predictions, its a new and exciting possibility to do a tourney. You are unsure whom to play in the next round... oh well makes it harder to check what amount of money you are able to spend and so on, the strategic possibilities were reduced.
Number of teams per qualifier: as you can see some groups don't have a number of 16 teams... it's because of these sneaky rats and their grey seer purple rat. All rats were invited... all were accepted and every team above the lowest rat TR as well... omg... what a cheat...

Predictions:
Maxblb FCS Raiders V 273 / 231 - 181 / 154 Royal Beer Squadron - [url=http://fumbbl.com/~thedevil] thedevil

as i'd love to see the Rotters winning this game... i can see no way to happen

Orcs - Rotters 2-0

Forestranger Zodiaks 208 / 194 - 257 / 231 Royal Chaos to the rescue! - Dakkon12

Chaos and CDs - after tripping with snakes, the CDs are in a bad position... they will to have some good rolls on 2nd half if they want to have a chance

CDs - Chaos 0-2

Qualifier #6 (done by Mightypeon
The first game is between the Folsom Prison Blues
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=386576
And http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=603711

My bet is on the DEs for several reasons:
1: They have multiple Strip Balls to deal with Count Ball dealing
2: The UDs dont have the DP to foul every turn
3: The AG6 Elf allows disgusting feats of Elf Balling.

Unless Handies are nasty, the Prison Blues will win it most likely.

In the next game we have perhaps the most amusing match of the qualifier.
The Lone Stars
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=118814
Face off against the Dark Lands Ruff Raiders
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=449799
Orcs vs. Chaos is often quite dice dependent, however, the Orcs only have 4 rerolls, which will likely spell their doom in a overtime situation.
I vote 2:1 for the Lone Stars therefor.

Next the Titans with Style
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=582247
Face off against the famous hawkheim Harlequins.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=303060
Tackle Less Ogres against a lot of Blodge wont be pretty, although Nobbla could create a suprise.
Still, I think the Harlekins will win, but with a significant price, especially since they have a highly usefull strip baller.

On a more boring sidenote, we now have Calcium Booty Pirates
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=584321
Against the High Princes
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=516252
Clear win for the Humans, 2:1 (3x AG5 should get a score in, but not more).

Now, the underdogs face off against each other.
The Lavender ladies
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=603988
face perhaps the only team in the qualifier they can hope to beat, the at this TR, not so aptly named Basher squad.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=591550
I think the Count will do it.

In another amusing game, my Crazy Croakers
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=588054
Face off against the Swiss Mountain Brewers
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=281633
a fairly strong Dwarf team.
The croakers are clearly outbashed here (especially featuring in Grim who may likely have an appearance),
however, there is a Wiz, and there is a nice pair of a S4 and an AG4 Skink which should make things quite difficult for the Bearded ones. Also, 3 of the Croackers Sauri are mobile due to Break Tackle with 2 others having Sidestep to make things more interesting, which should hopefull allow me to employ a running cage on the offense, and avoid beeing bashed to much while defending.
Also, having Sidestep on Sauri as well as Frenzy, the Dorfs may very well not rule the sidelanes.
Due to beeing a hopeless optimist, I claim 2:1 for the croakers.

Next, Mutant Mouse
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=573891
Will be eaten by the Black blood Alliance
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=469255
The Khems may even forgo to hire Ramtut ;D
2:1 for Khemri

On a similiar note, the Chaos Waste Crushers
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=510150
will eat the Trizons
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=602942
Much:0 for Chaos.

Given the number of cherries I am moderatly displeased about getting rock ard Dorfs ;D

Last edited by p4m on %b %14, %2010 - %18:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll take Qualifier X.

Qualifier X

Here we are: the 5th Warpstone Open. Last year's champion has been retired from play. A new champion will rise; will it come from Qualifier X?

Qualifier X: it's got old teams, it's got famous teams, it's got new teams, it's got killer teams...but does it have the Warpstone Open V Champion?

Round I

Game I
ImageWoodhead Wanderers (244 / 231) vs ImageRhazgul's Judgement (257 / 219)
Rawlf(166.66) vs Naama(166.27)

Woodhead Wanderers: A average wood elf team. Most of the SPP are on the Catchers and the Thrower, meaning the team is lacking a full set of Blodge. They've got a nice tree, but a nice tree is just...nice. They've got the gold to bring a wizard, which could help them tremendously. But will it be enough?

Rhazgul's Judgement: A average chaos team to match up with the average wood elves. At first glance, the team looks pretty strong. But they've got only 12 players, so against a bashy team they will quickly find themselves out gunned. They also lack enough tackle to face any reasonably trained elf team. The only thing keeping the team alive is a stat freak beastman

Predictions: The coaches are about equal as far as CR is concerned. The elves could be in a fine position, if they had enough blodge. Without the extra skills though, they will lose players. Without a wizard, I can only see 1-2 grind in favor of the chaos. With a wizard...either 2-1 elves, or 2-3 chaos in over time. With both teams having average Fan Factor, the winnings should be plenty for next round, whoever win the game.

Result: Woodhead Wanderers 2-3 Rhazgul's Judgement in OT
ImageResult: Woodhead Wanderers 1-2 Rhazgul's Judgement

Game II
ImageBlood Sea Buccaneers (227 / 209) vs ImageIndie Orcs (269 / 242)
PainState(156.03) vs rudinho(172.38)

Blood Sea Buccaneers: A fine human team, with enough gold for a wizard and The Count. The Buccaneers are lacking any kind of 'pow' from one of their players...I guess that's where The Count comes in.

Indie Orcs: Orcs that could outstrength a Lizardman team. High Fan Factor, an excellent record, more +STR than any other team in this Qualifier. These orcs came to bash.

Predictions: If it were based off of the teams, or the CR, or the records then the Orcs would win this game. But don't count out the Buccaneers quite yet. With The Count and a Wizard, they could just pull through. If it goes to overtime, the Humans will lose, but if it doesn't, they'll have a shot. The Count will win the game if the Humans do, but the Count cannot work alone. If the orcs manage to beat up the humans too much early on, Indie Orcs will take the win.

In the end, I think the orcs will out bash the humans. Both sides will bring a wizard, giving each team a score during the opponent's drive. The game will go into over time where the orcs will have removed too many humans from the pitch for there to be any resistance. The count will help, but not enough.

Result: Blood Sea Buccaneers 2-3 Indie Orcs in OT
ImageResult: Blood Sea Buccaneers 2-3 Indie Orcs

Game III
ImageCombined Horde (189 / 180) vs ImageDanish Bandits (266 / 246)
Ermerex_Tonguechewer(148.35) vs Quariondk(159.5)

Combined Horde: A rather weak team for a major tournament. And such strange skill choices too (pro as first normal skill on a blitzer, NoS as a double on blitzer?)

Danish Bandits: This is what spectators expect from a chaos team in a majors. 4 claws, one of the razor sha...will you look at that beastman! That's more than enough to take out a 180 TS orc team!

Predictions: A thrashing by the chaos. Orcs won't be too hurt (they've got AV9) but aren't skilled enough to fight back. Neither team have the gold for a wizard (but the chaos wouldn't even need one anyways.)

Result: Combined Horde 0-2 Danish Bandits
ImageResult: Combined Horde 0-1 Danish Bandits

Game IV
ImageBro Kin Aks (240 / 219) vs ImageSpectators Champions (248 / 252)
Catalyst32(165.02) vs propuppetmaster(161.99)

Bro Kin Aks: A fun orc team that has 1) Blitzers and 2) everything else. Specifically playing as blitzers are two nice orcs. The orcs also carry in a few (4) niggled players. They have gold, but what they lack is tackle. Only one player on the team has tackle (and he doesn't have MB.) I don't really see the orcs winning because they destroyed the dark elves.

Spectators Champions: A fine group of Dark Elves who bring 8 Blodge players to the game. This alone should help them pull out a win vs the 1 tackle orcs. They've also got the gold for a wizard to insure victory.

Predictions: Orcs vs Dark Elves...never seen that before in a major. What'll be next? Chaos vs Skaven? Dwarves vs Wood Elves?

The orcs will try, but because they don't have any way of getting the elves off the field they will succumb to blodge. Elves will bring a wizard which will help them in winning the game.

Result: Bro Kin Aks 1-2 Spectators Champions
ImageResult: Bro Kin Aks 1-2 Spectators Champions

Game V
Image73th Squad (233 / 195) vs ImageShining Force Redux (257 / 249)
Inverno(163.66) vs Purplegoo(176.23)

73th Squad: Undead without Ghouls. What's this?! Like any Undead team in the majors, they've brought enough gold to hire the count for the whole tournament. What they really lack, however, is tackle. They do have enough DP to ensure that when a elf does go down, it stays down. Will that be enough?

Shining Force Redux: A very healthy High Elf team. They've got their dauntless, their strip baller, only one guard, a +STR, two MB blitzers, and a MA9 OTS attempt. They've got enough gold to bring a wizard this match, but is it worth it? Their gold supply isn't as large as the undead's, and they've got the whole qualifier to think about.

Predictions: One handicap to the undead. Probably this won't effect the game terribly much, but maybe it will. The count will show up, possibly a wizard too. The undead won't be able to take enough elves off the pitch, though. Elves will easily stall out their drive. Undead have a MA8, AG4 OTS attempt...but I don't see it working. Undead will lose control in their drive and either be forced into scoring early, or have the ball stolen. No overtime.

Result: 73th Squad 1-2 Shining Force Redux
ImageResult: 73th Squad 1-2 Shining Force Redux

Game VI
ImageLuruar Tigers (246 / 242) vs ImageDrunken Fumbbl (249 / 233)
Aldar(160.88) vs drunkagent(168.99)

Luruar Tigers: Several injuries, but also several +STR and +AG players. What they are lacking is skills spread out over all their players. They've got a few nice players, but a lot of players don't have the key blodge (which would have helped vs claw/rsc.) Not enough gold to bring a wizard will really hurt the high elves, as they now lack the ability to steal the ball.

Drunken Fumbbl: Again: what spectators hope to see from chaos in a major tournament. A good deal of claw, a claw/rsc. Although I don't think they'd have needed it, Drunken Fumbbl have brought along Morg'n'Thorg. This may cost them in the long run as they are now out of gold.

Predictions: Chaos should try and receive second. If they do, then the elves' OTS attempt will be at the very end of the game, when they are low on players. Chaos will stall out their drive, elves will OTS back at them. Elves won't be able to stall their drive, chaos will score in the same half. 2nd half, chaos control the ball for the win.

Result: Luruar Tigers 2-3 Drunken Fumbbl in OT
ImageActual: Luruar Tigers 2-1 Drunken Fumbbl

Game VII
ImageMagia PotaGiaII (255 / 250) vs ImageRaynor's Raiders (180 / 153)
Lo_has_adivinado(168.36) vs Aenir(139.77)

Magia PotaGiaII: A decent Dark Elf team. They lack strip ball, but have 3 +STR players. They've got the gold for a wizard, but really don't need it. What will help them alot is their three blodge, tackle blitzers. They also have enough blodge to keep the lizards occupied all game long.

Raynor's Raiders: Aww...Lizardmen AND Star Craft themed. I wish I could predict their victory, but it's just another low TR/TS trying out at the tournament. They've only got 10 players, and 1 of them niggled. They will probably bring Silibili and a Wizard to the match.

Predictions: 4 handicaps the the Lizardmen; if one is virus, it will help them a lot. Unless the Lizardmen bring Silibili, Wizard, get good handicaps, and can manage to keep their skinks alive, I can't see them winning. Elves will stall out their drive. Lizards will be forced into scoring early, elves will score in Lizard half.

Result: Magia PotaGiaII 2-1 Raynor's Raiders
ImageResult: Magia PotaGiaII 2-0 Raynor's Raiders[/b]

Game VIII
ImageViper Strike (262 / 239) vs ImageSouless Slayers (244 / 216)
Doowa(170.38) vs Prez(168.45)

Viper Strike: A really nice Lizardman team. Good skinks, great Sauri, a GuardKrox. They have the gold for a wizard, and will probably be bringing it. The only thing they are lacking is: only one tackle to counter the Count. Other than that, they are set.

Souless Slayers: A good undead team, although lacking skills on ghouls. They'll be bringing the Count and a Wizard for sure and they've got a tackle/mb wight for Skink hunting. The Wizard will help a lot against Lizardmen.

Predictions: This will be a really good game. Wizard will hurt the Lizardmen a lot, and the Count will cause his usual amount of mayhem. But Viper Strike has a great set of Sauri, who should be able to out strength the undead. Unless the undead can foul out enough sauri and blitz down enough skinks, the Lizardmen strength will overcome them. Lizards lose the ball due to count + wizard, but retake it next turn. They score after a long stall on their drive. Undead drive: undead get too bashed by the Lizards and lose the ball.

Result: Viper Strike 2-0 Souless Slayers
ImageActual: Viper Strike 2-3 Souless Slayers in OT

There we have it: 3 Chaos, 2 Dark Elves, Orcs, Lizards, High Elves advancing to Round II. Most of them will have enough gold for Round II, and I think that is where it will get interesting. The "It's my first major!" teams will all be knocked out and we'll be left with the Top 8.

Tune back next week when Round II schedule is set.

Last edited by WindexChugger on %b %21, %2010 - %00:%Jan; edited 5 times in total
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

p4m wrote:
the High Princes
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=516252
(3x AG5 should get a score in, but not more).

4x AG5 thank you very much, but yeh you're probably right!!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier IV

Game I
OceanLab (248/224 Lizardmen)
Coached by Kenty (Current CR 160.66)
vs
Hangover (267/230 Orcs)
Coached by Enar (Current CR 172.43)

Strenghs OceanLab: 7 Mighty Blow, 2 ST3 Skinks and 1 AG4 Skink. Cash enough for Silibili and wiz and will likely get atleast one of those, possibly both.
Weaknesses: Only one Guard (on the Kroxigor), no Dirty Players, no Break Tackle Sauri. 16 players, so will have to fire a Skink to be able to hire Silibili.

Strenghs Hangover: Well rounded team albeit very vanilla. 8 Guard, 5 Mighty Blow, 6 Tackle. ST6 Block troll and well skilled BoBs. Cash for a star or wiz, but not both.
Weaknesses: Nothing special or surprising excepting the troll. Few stat increases. No good ballkeeper.

Thoughts: Hangover seem to have the advantage in this game. Even with the extra Guard and ST4 provided by Silibili a was of attrition should favor the Orcs heavily, being stronger and outguarding the Lizards. Loads of Tackle for the Orcs will most likely take out any Skinks venturing too close, and the Orc DP can potentially do the same to a Saurus or two. Lizardmen have the speed advantage, but I don't think they'll be able to stop the grind when it's the Orcs time to receive.

Prediction: OceanLab 1-2 Hangover, no OT
Result: OceanLab 2-1 Hangover

Game II
Failures to Come (267/261 Dark Elves)
Coached by Tymless (Current CR 158.63)
vs
Servants of the Oracle (184/178 Lizardmen)
Coached by DeMoorck (Current CR 163.58 )

Strenghs Failures to Come: Well developed team, nice positionals, 2 DPs, 1 AG5 Leap Blitzer and 1 ST4 AG5 Lineelf. Have hired a wiz.
Weaknesses: No Guard, no +MA stat increases, no cash, limited experience playing fair matchups.

Strenghs Servants of the Oracle: Standard Lizardmen advantages: 7 ST4+ players, a bunch of MA8 Skinks. Cash for Silibili or wiz.
Weaknesses: A bunch. 1 Break Tackle Saurus, no Tacklers, 1 Guard, only 3 rerolls... This team is simply too weak to be a serious contender.

Thoughts: Can’t see the Lizardmen having much of a chance in this one, seems like yet another easy game for the DE. While the superior strengh of the Sauri and Krox could hold the DE off for a while the outcome will most likely be a DE victory. However Nuffle is watching, and some critical snakes for the elves could give the fast Lizards a slim chance.

Prediction: Failures to Come 3-1 Servants of the Oracle, no OT
Result: Failures to Come 4-2 Servants of the Oracle

Game III

Ratzzz the next Level (218/207 Skaven)
Coached by Sammler_der_Seelen (Current CR 169.1)
vs
Ganja bay pistones (222/220 Dwarves)
Coached by sebban (Current CR 170.24)

Strenghs Ratzzz the next Level: Nicely developed Gutter Runners, 3 DPs, Claw/RSC Storm Vermin, cash for wiz or star. 4 Higher FF than opposing team.
Weaknesses: 3 Niggles, one on Claw/RSC. No Guard. Relatively few rerolls. Limited experience facing Dwarves.

Strenghs Ganja bay pistones: 7 Guard, 4 Mighty Blow, 2 DPs. Nicely skilled Troll Slayers, AG4 Runner. Cash for wiz or star.
Weaknesses: Poorly developed Blitzers and Runners, few stat increases. Oh yeah, and they’re Dwarves, so add slow, clumsy and ugly.

Thoughts: Tough one, will depend much on how the Skaven manage to use their speed advantage. Skaven and Dwarves are pretty much eachothers opposites, so it will come down to who manages to play to their strenghs the best. Wizards are potentially deadly against Dwarves, especially if they have a fast, agile opponent. Like Skaven. Barring very good armor/injuryrolls for the Dwarves I think the Skaven will take this one.

Prediction: Ratzzz the next Level 2-1 Ganja bay pistones, no OT
Result: Ratzzz the next Level 1-1 Ganja bay pistones, Ganja bay pistones go through on cointoss

Game IV

Name Is Bond (258/257 Dwarves)
Coached by morehouse (Current CR 175.25)
vs
Wazdak (281/217 Orcs)
Coached by Echafx1 (Current CR 162.43)

Strenghs Name Is Bond: 11 Guard, 7 Mighty Blow, MA7 Runner and AG4 Blitzer. 3 higher FF than opponents. Well skilled players all round.
Weaknesses: No exceptional players, no cash for wiz or star. Have lost more vs Orcs than any other race they’ve played. Also, they’re Dwarves. Ergo slow, clumsy and ugly.

Strenghs Wazdak: 4 Guard, 4 Mighty Blow, 2 DPs.Reasonably well-developed Blitzers. Also a ton of cash, enough for several stars AND a wiz.
Weaknesses: Best BoB is MNG, and the rest of the BoBs are poorly developed. Less bashing capabilities than opposing team. Almost no Stat-increases.

Thoughts: At higher TR Orcs are pretty much the same as Dwarves, but better. Stronger, faster, more agile and usually with almost as much Guard. Here, however, the poorly developed Black Orcs will be a problem for the Orcs. They are also outguarded and have fewer Mighty Blow than the Dwarves, so will likely draw the short straw in a war of attrition. On the other hand the Orcs have money for several stars, although that would require them to drop a player as they have 15. Tough call, and a lot will depend on cas dice, but...

Prediction: Name is Bond 1-0 Wazdak, no OT
Result: Name is Bond 2-0 Wazdak

Game V

Kill these Gits (173/176 Skaven)
Coached by Kill-Kill (Current CR 152.98 )
vs
Sithi D Team (265/242 Wood Elves)
Coached by shusaku (Current CR 168.44)

Strenghs Kill these Gits Few, if any.
Weaknesses: Too many to count.

Strenghs Sithi D Team: A well skilled WE team. Loads of blodge, some Sidestep, 3 AG5 elves one of which is MA9 and Leap.
Weaknesses: Few Guard, few Tacklers, very limited bashpower.

Thoughts: Poor Skaven.

Prediction: Kill these Gits 1-4 Sithi D Team, no OT
Result: Kill these Gits 1-2 Sithi D Team

Game VI

Skavenblight Rugrats (232/229 Skaven)
Coached by SergeiBautin (Current CR 180.58 )
vs
Disadattati (229/206* Khemri) *One skill pending
Coached by Ryld (Current CR 163.44)

Strenghs Skavenblight Rugrats: ST6 Block Rat Ogre, Claw Linerat, ST4 Linerat, 4 Gutter Runners. Money for wiz.
Weaknesses: So/so Gutters, not much in the way of bash, lacking skills.

Strenghs Disadattati: 4+ DPs, MA4 Multiblock Mummy, decent Blitz-Ra’s, cash for Ramtut.
Weaknesses: Very few stat-increases, no +AG, underdeveloped Mummies... And they’re Khemri. ‘Nuff said.

Thoughts: Khemri are arguably the most specialized team around. They bash, and if they fail at that they lose. If they succeed they often lose anyway. Skaven are tough opponents for them, especially ones with a wizard. These Khemri are about as typical as they get, and that will not be nearly enough in this game. Barring exceptional dice for the Khems and poor for Skaven I don’t see them winning this.

Prediction: Skavenblight Rugrats 2-0 Disadattati, no OT
Result: Skavenblight Rugrats 1-0 Disadattati

Game VII

Fumbbl Tour Team (269/215 Undead)
Coached by Melmoth (Current CR 175.27)
vs
New Forest Rangers (189/191 Wood Elves)
Coached by blocknroll (Current CR 141.19)

Strenghs Fumbbl Tour Team: Two MA4 Mummies, one ST6. MA8 ST4 Wight. 3 DPs. Cash for Count.
Weaknesses: Few support skills on Zombies, few Guard, 4 rerolls might be a bit low.

Strenghs New Forest Rangers: MA10 Catcher, Wardancers.
Weaknesses: Way too few skills. Only 4 blodgers, no Sidestep, no DP, low FF, no cash for wiz.

Thoughts: With some luck the WE might be able to steal the ball, but assuming Melmoth hires the Count this is unlikely. Unless they manage to steal the ball, preferably twice, the elves will be screwed.

Prediction: Fumbbl Tour Team 2-1 New Forest Rangers, no OT
Result: Fumbbl Tour Team 1-0 New Forest Rangers

Game VIII

Sentinels of JUSTICE! (260/225 Orcs)
Coached by pythrr (Current CR 166.11)
vs
minimountain minings (225/195 Chaos Dwarves)
Coached by lemf (Current CR 154.86)

Strenghs Sentinels of JUSTICE!: Well rounded team with a nice SPP spread. Good BoBs, decent Blitzers, 8 Guard, 3 DPs and a lot of cash. A vanilla, but strong, Orc team.
Weaknesses: Vanilla. Nothing to surprise the opponents with. Only 2 Mighty Blow which somewhat limits their bashing capabilities. Three non-AV9 players which could be a problem against a bashy opponent.

Strenghs minimountain minings: Very skilled players. ST5 CD Blocker, fairly good Bulls, cash for another player, star or wiz.
Weaknesses: Only 11 players and three niggles on the team. Low FF. Only five CD Blockers.

Thoughts: The CDs are heavily outgunned here. Simply put they have too few players, and will likely start the second and further drives without a full team on the pitch. If they bring Hthark it might be a tough one for the orcs, but even so I don’t think the CDs have what it takes to go through here.

Prediction: Sentinels of JUSTICE! 2-0 minimountain minings, no OT
Result: Sentinels of JUSTICE! 2-1 minimountain minings

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08

Last edited by Leijonet on %b %19, %2010 - %10:%Jan; edited 13 times in total
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mightypeon wrote:

Next the Titans with Style
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=582247
Face off against the famous hawkheim Harlequins.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=303060
Tackle Less Ogres against a lot of Blodge wont be pretty, although Nobbla could create a suprise.
Still, I think the Harlekins will win, but with a significant price, especially since they have a highly usefull strip baller.

These are my ogres, and I pretty much agree with Mightypeon's assessment. It will need to rain POWs like it's monsoon season for me to have a good shot.

The two factors in my favor are an AG4 gobbo for OTT attempts and bringing Nobbla to tear into that soft av7 elf-flesh (only 1 of the blitzers has av8). The rest looks good for the Harlequins.

If I can get the game to OT I might have a puncher's chance, but I give myself about 20% odds to pull this one out.

Thanks to Mightypeon for the attention given to my match Smile
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

do VII!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej...did you use exactly the same format as me? Thief!!

Razz

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Do #1
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Group V has 4 of the top 12 TR teams in the tourney. This will make for some interesting games, but will any of the giants make it through?

Lets see how good i can call these games. ~(_8(I) DOH!

Game #1

Big Hats FTW vs Smacking Orc Forces

This is one of the games I hope i get to watch. Two fun and skilled coaching bringing in some monster teams.

Big Hats FTW winners of Lustrian Challenge III, home of Stompy and owners of the Slowest Temple Guardian. I see Crib having to buy Hthark for the first round of this Quali. This may give the CD's enough of an edge to pull out a win but will surely lose a couple players for the next round.

Smacking Orc Forces are carry an agile lino who wont be agile enough to stay away from 3 bulls. These orcs carry a lot of bang with not so much buck. They can afford a wiz which they should deffinatley take. Maverick is a very fun coach who will provide a fun game to watch, cheer and boo.

Big Hats FTW--->1-2(FTW)

Game #2

Da Dead 'Ard3 vs Mas Maravillas

Da Dead 'Ard3 will surely cause some death but lack much in the way of ball control outside of clearing the pitch and will need to be patient and stick together to pull out this win which they should do in OT.

Mas Maravillas carries a nice little equalizer in the way of 2 decked out CW's, one for ball control and one for player control. With little in the way of guard Genif will have fought a good fight on ly to just barely lose this match.

Da Dead 'Ard3 win 2-1 in OT

Game #3

Extraordinary Brotherhood vs Bila ruka

This match features two of the top teams in the Qualies. Two vet teams who have seen plenty of majors action. Only one of them has won a major.

Extraordinary Brotherhood has a whole lot of OUCH! I feel that the Brotherhood will be out after this game hoping to grab one of the lottery picks to make it to the main draw. They just dont have enough players(13) and not enough cash to deal with their opponents.

Bila Ruka made a strong press and good showing at the Fumbbl Cup and will pick up where they left off here. Having banked some good coin which they can but ripper as fodder for the brothers and walk away with this one pretty easily.

Bila Ruka wins 2-1

Will fill in the rest later
Dakkon12

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would really love to see all those predictions reedited, since we currently have no OT. But thats a lot of work.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

no OT rocks.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll update mine later on to account for no OT.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Result: Beernatics 2 - 0 Brown Bunnies

100% !
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

WO Qualifier VIII has still no games played, we're all waiting for a prediction thread post!

Puhlease? Very Happy
adambomb

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Same with IX, though I think it's pretty easy to predict the outcome of my match. I thought I had some decent stat increases then I saw my opponent's team!!! Wow, nice skill rolls dude.

Though one of his prep matches was this one:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2877298

hardly looks legal to me with a TS difference >125+
 Jump to: