67 coaches online • Server time: 22:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you gonna bring:
a whole lotta punch, pain, flush inducing power?
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Cirque du Soleil?
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
an all rounder, jack of all trades, renaissance team?
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
an irresistiably delicious, scrumptious and heavenly pie?
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 27

Resarf

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

GLT is up. Mayhem to ensue.

What is the reasoning behind your team choice and the Qualifier you are bringing them to?
Roseph

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Irrational Khemrical Imbalance. Why? Because I can!! Old Team or if I can straight to the GLT with out going thru a Qualifier
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Saxon Phone Company... Forlorn Qualifier... my top Humans.
None of my other teams are even close to majors ready.
I enjoy playing Humans more than any other Race (except Norse vs Elves and Skaven).
Get to avoid Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves, Orcs, Chaos, Dark Elves, High Elves, Wood Elves, Amazons and Skaven.

Also...I think it's a nice bone the Tourney Admins are throwing to people that really like a specific Forlorn Races and I want to support that. At least by having a category like this 1/4 of the Main Draw will be of teams trying to win the 1st Major for their race.

I haven't been here long enough to be IN for an Old Team.
I have no teams with extremely high TR.
My CR is usually somewhere just below the High CR cutoff.
p4m

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

it's Pfeifen-Time... oldschool ofc Wink
Resarf

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I should of course mention my own team (and veil the bumping of the thread). The Quakers are an orc team without the traditional abundance of mighty blow. They've got enough SF and tackle to address the ball on defense. I thus call them all rounders (they haven't got an ag upgrade in the entirety of their existence so that is lacking). I am taking the high TR route cause they are still too young, not so forlorn and the high CR class will quite possibly be outside of my range, whereas I think I have a good shot at at least a game in the TR class.

I thought about trying to save some more and cheat, but I'd really like to make the cut and get a game in the first tourney I enter.
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Cult of Shadows got ready for this one. Yay!
Think I'm going for Old Teams Qualifier. (with over 330 games, should be fine)

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Words figured Old Teams worked well last year and are back i business. Sadly they're a very "vanilla" chaosteam at the moment (no stats except for one +MA) but they'll manage anyway. This time I'll bloody well win the final if I get to it Smile

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I hammered my lizards into decent enough shape so as not to be embarrassing. I managed to get the team to have all players available for the first time in about 6 games, 2 skills or more on all sauruses (I know I know, I set the bar SO high), and a decent pile of cash. I'll be bringing them to the Forlorn qualifier.

I had also been prepping my orc team, in case the lizards just couldn't stay alive at major-level size. Not as winning a team as my lizards, they would have been comfortable in the TR qualifier, or a really sketchy entry to the Old Teams (at under 90 games, might either have missed, or been lowest team in).

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Hollaender

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

After my beloved CD got cracked up a bit lately i decided to give my rats a chance again... high TR seems ok to avoid handis too =).
 Jump to: