66 coaches online • Server time: 22:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
James_Probert

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed nobody has started a thread like this yet, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling here

I'll start with the short one:

The Cheats

264/239 Quakers vs Chaos Playdwarf 197/199

Quakers come into this as big overdogs, but 3 handicaps could swing the game towards a suprise winner.

Quakers have more guard, more strength, and more mobility, they should win comfortably, assuming no drastic handicaps, especially with their troll wannabe.

Chaos Playdwarf have a pair of solid, Bull Centaurs, though they are possibly slightly underskilled to seriously compete on the big stage. The team has a pair of very nice Chaos Dwarf Blockers though little else to cover them.

I'm going to plump for some good handicaps for Playdwarf, and say that Resarf needs to deflate his head about how awesome cheating is, before he has a chance to win his place in a major final.

2-1 to Chaos Playdwarf

High CR Qualifier 1
300/261 BavariaRules vs Reign in blood V 275/280
(BudSpencer CR:173.91) (Buur CR:170.26)

Buur has managed to build a very solid CD team with just a few -Av injuries. He has the obligatory stated Bull Centaur seemingly needed for any CD team to succeed in the high TR world of the majors. He also has an unusually strong Troll, as well as Hthark the Unstoppable for a game.

BudSpencer, on the other hand, has a chaos team riddled with injuries, though the -Ag on the troll hardly counts, but also has some remarkably skilled players, including a Claw, RSC Beastman and an extreme stat freak!

BavariaRules feels like a team in a state of flux, they need the new blood to come though, before the last of the 'old guard' can leave, but the new blood are being hindered by the TR boost given by players that aren't always there to help. In comparison Reign in blood V are solidly built, have a handicap in hand, as well as a wizzard should they need him.

Reign in blood V win 2-0 and could go some way in the tournament.

More to come in the morning.

Last edited by James_Probert on %b %14, %2010 - %01:%May; edited 1 time in total
Resarf

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah. You'll see a deflated head when the Quakers are drinking their victory grog from a bullcentaur's skull.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hugh is gonna look gentle after I am done with the Playdwarves.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cheats

Chaos Playdwarf:
- weak bench, just three hobgoblins and all of the hobgoblins are vulnerable
- very strong set of blockers (troll and SF bull are essentially blockers)
- powerful blitzing bull centaur
- 3 handicaps in the bag

Quakers:
- good bench, multiple utility players, two dirty players
- excellent set of blockers
- strip ball blitzer (this is pretty crucial)
- a couple of handy hobgoblin assassins
- wizard

Looking at the basic bash I'd say that both teams are pretty evenly matched with the Quakers having a slight edge. Both teams should normally expect to have a slow and successful drive up the pitch.

However, there are a couple of things that make me think the Quakers are going to carry home the win. Attrition is always a risk, any team can suffer a bunch of bad dice and watch as their drive collapses. I think that the chaos dwarfs are much more at risk of this. Both teams have some solid options to whack a ballcarrier with if it becomes exposed. I'm inclined to think that the orcs have better odds once they get there but dont have an ultra-manauverable player to exploit every last gap. That extra ability to manauvre should close the gap between the sides basic bash power (note: not the attrition gap). Handicaps are likely to close that attrition gap a little but not remove it altogether.

The wizard is what seals the deal for me. The orcs would be very unlucky not to knock the ball loose on their wizard turn - all it takes is for the strip baller to get into contact with the carrier and it will get messy. Its a bit 50/50 whether the wizard will actually result in a touchdown but thats still a massive advantage.

I predict 1-0 to the orcs if they kick or 2-0 if they choose to recieve (I would kick). If the wizard is really poor then I'd still back the orcs for 2-1 in overtime.... just.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Resarf

Post   Posted: May 14, 2010 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

James I think you are doubly wrong. Firstly I know you are wrong when it comes to my game, nuff said and nuffle will say. But though I am slightly less sure (biased, whatever) of your next prediction's failure I must point out that: av8 instead of 9 av means alot vs claw there is a block troll in the game and that the 80k is not gonna be in the Chaos team's coffers when the game starts. Barring virus (and there will be 2 handis) the war of attrition means a 2-1 squeaker for BudSpencer's BavariaRules.

But I could just be feeling disagreeable (or like spamming my signature as much as I can).
bxnyc

Post   Posted: May 14, 2010 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is Milford ?! I need my offical Grotz News Coverage. Fair and Ballanced.
Tathar

Post   Posted: May 15, 2010 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Speccing Yippee-ki-yay vs. Doomy Diggers put me in the mood to look at that qualifer.

Yippee-ki-yay (1) vs. Skull Crushas (2)

Flix looks a cert for the final after 2 MNGs, 2 age niggles and mediocre money for Yippee-ki-yay. The hanicaps could play a big part in the match but huibertjan will need them to fall just right to have a serious chance.

Boys in the Hoods (3) vs Legion of Longevity (2)

This match is right up in the air. Much could depend on how Kryten decides to spend his massive treasury (for woodies at least, 210K!) and the handicaps he gets. The UI certainly showed us you can't discount coach Kryten even when the odds seem heavily stacked against. But I think in this one he could be let down by his relatively undeveloped linemen and only 1 tackle. Diddyboy will bring in his own hired guns to the party and, despite not having any tackle MB, I think 3 tackle will be enough (assuming they don't get taken out by handicaps) in what I think will be a tight match. This one may be decided by OT.

Higgis Haubencenter vs (Boys in the Hoods or Legion of Longevity)

I think Higgis Haubencenter look good for the final from this side of the draw. They are a bit short on numbers but neither Boys in the Hoods or Legion of Longevity have too much bash power vs blodged up woodies. They may take yet more casualties if they face Boys in the Hoods but I think that Higgis Haubencenter will meet Skull Crushas in the qualfier final.

Higgis Haubencenter (2) vs Skull Crushas (3)

I think Higgis Haubencenter could have enough to push it to OT but with the Skull Crushas looking like they'll be back to full strength (3 tackle MB and 3 DT) it could be more one sided.

GLT qualifer winner prediction = Skull Crushas (Flix)
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 15, 2010 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict a good game when me and Lewdgrip kick off in about half an hour. He has tooled up on stars and both teams have high tr/ts so should be worth a spec.
Resarf

Post   Posted: May 16, 2010 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good game and good luck with the next one.

That said: nobody appreciates shameless self promotion Malmir.

Nobody would point out that the game that started this thread occurs at 1930 bbtime on Monday without some altruistic reason.

Nobody.
StrawberryKiss

Post   Posted: May 18, 2010 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict, that i will win (or any of my friends). In Overtime... to make more damage ;D
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 18, 2010 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

reserved for predictions of

High TR Qualifier 1

Bust that Fuzz, Orcs (226/227, 65k) coached by phil78 (CR 165.2Cool vs Russkaya Mafya, Chaos Dwarves (263/269, 130k) coached by Tathar (167.04)

Armoured Warriors, Human (247/223 180k ) vs Green Avenging Orcz

Two Thunders vs Cynwall Sidesteppers

More Filthy Orcs vs
Dwarfish Paradies
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: May 18, 2010 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict that prop 8 will eventually be struck down in the supreme court, however Justice Scalia will have another dissenting vote based on the poorest legal scholarship in the known universe.

His "gays are ooky" argument will be widely studied in Christian (not real) universities, however.

That's my GLT prediction.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
bxnyc

Post   Posted: May 18, 2010 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Speak and Believe Hype.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the TNT life styles desk**

Iam allmost back guys. I was transfered to the Lifestyles desk at the TNT to give the ladies the latest in fashion updates and every thing we as Fumbbl fans dont care about. It is killing me. I might just have to go "rogue" to get back to my old job covering the majors.

Hellbound are looking really good right now. They got a shot at the qualifier.

Rata Blanca: Wow that was an impressive run throught the qulaifiers taking out Name is Bond, the Sleepers of Metropolis and the Way of the Fist. 3 really nice teams. And taking only 2 perm cas in the process.

I see Words got bumped and the unholy trinity is left scratching their heads.

Were are the Lizards of Yum Tum and the Eaters?

Checking the brackets I see a lot of new faces which is allways good for majors.

and finally I see that Flach got bumped early, poor skaven.

And on a final note from the mens "john" I see once again Purple Chest is left scracthing his head as he makes another early round bow out of a major.

Anbody see the Count come up short and make an early exit?

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford is dismayed at the quality of the predictions by all these amatuers, and the one polticial view of a canadian on the american supereme court which implied that a States citizens have somehow violated the federal law, by legally making their own law, so that the federal system can once agan step in and smash down the states that it supposidly represents and supports. Milford needs to break out of this dungeon he is in and get back to work.

Last edited by PainState on %b %27, %2010 - %05:%May; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the mens "john" **

This wholle thing about the cheaters....why are there rules for cheating? why are the cheaters in their own bracket? why even announce that there are cheaters? Is not the purpose of cheating to be under handed, sneaky, low down, a german and playing by the "real" rules of Blood Bowl were everyone cheats?

It just seemed that the concept of cheating in the open defeated the entire purpose of cheating.

Just my 2 cents on the low down cheaters who were outed from the onset and thus defeated the "suprise" factor that the Eaters are not in the GLT because they gave PurpleChest 400,000 gold to by pass the entire qulaifier and go straight to the main show. A trully epic low down, sneaky, german thing to do from the #1 sleeper of all time.