62 coaches online • Server time: 21:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2010 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the beaches of Lustria **

Well Fumbbl fans I have had a great time in Lustria and got the batteries recharged and am ready for some more majors action.

The teams are allready pouring in and I have had the chance to catch some prep matches. Teams are still getting ready and the local economy is booming as all these teams are dumping cash left and right. It is so bad some teams are now just leaving their cash on street corners since they have no idea what else to do with it.

There is a booming assistant coach and cheerleader market as teams seem to be inclined to hire anyone these days. Heck I saw a team hire a blind, one armed and ugly as sin cheerleader for their undead team. So if you are out of a job come on by the Lustrian HQ, Iam sure they can set you up for one of these jobs in no time.

The big news of the day is I have not see BigHats FTW. Rumor has it ever since their temple guardian went down and Stompy retired it has been all down hill ever since. They are beat up and beat down right now and it looks like the defending champion will be MIA for this years tourney.

Well Iam off to go cliff diving and enjoying some more sun before I get back to work on wed. for the Lustrian draw.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2010 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

*** Reportes in Charge ***

Same goes for the Flachpfeifens 4th try. Playing Prep games vs Khemri and being on the receiving end even while winning wont help though Smile and there is no replacement for last years superstar: Zach|Wurst

but on the other hand:
as we wandered through the streets of carnage we saw a great chaos team beating up some pimps to get in shape for LC: Cult of Shadows with an astonishing TR/TS and some great major appearences i guess they will get faaaar
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford is claiming this thread as the official predictions thread....ignore that guy behind the curtain with very bad "code".

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

(=

Just filling out the brackets, will take a little time.
Then i will go back and mak predictions.
You might be able to quote off this schedule to save some time.
I am going to have to pick this up in a bit, getting probelms with BB code and other programming to make it a simple link SIGH, sry
I wont give up though...

Qualifier I

Ecommi!
vs
Guerrio

Ecommi will take this game fairly easily in a 2-0 victory in regulation time but will most likely see a key BoB or Blitzer MNG

Mongoose Cuckoo Boys
vs
South Park Lizards

Ball control will decide this game for the Mongoose Cuckoo Boys with three tacklers to deal with the skinks on South Park Lizards in a 2-1 victory

qwerty team
vs
Blood Sea Buccaneers

Uh Oh, a long wait for the Buccaneers to make it back to the Majors only to see them meet a really good Dark Elf team. We are sure to see some heroic efforts from Krickack part Deux, The Bucs are low on tackle (2) and MB (3) to give them a decent shot at this and it may get the score run up on them a little for a 3-1 win for qwerty team

Da Uruks
vs
'09 Draft

I am gonna have to put my money on a 'royal' butt whooping for this compact little HE team. Going against 3 MB/tacklers is going to get rough quick but i think the elves wil have a few cute little plays that will spoils the green guys plans for victory as this goes into OTand the elves win 2-1

My Overall pick from this qualifier is qwerty team.

Qualifier II

Spectators Champions
vs
Elven Moon

Dance Dance
vs
Ag5 Mummies

Rata Blanca
vs
Bongo Fury

Name is Bond
vs
H0rnsw0gglers

Qualifier III

Handgemenge
vs
Dark Joke

Ancient Pigskins
vs
Booty Pirate

Nandorins
vs
Elvenhome Elephants

Red Rock Reavers
vs
Stormtroopers of Death!

Qualifier IV

Suckerers
vs
Hellbound Charioteers

Anger Management
vs
Dead Pharoahs Revenge

Empire Strikes Back Insanity
vs
Bored Supercomputer

Rest in the Pitch
vs
Nehekhara Royals

Qualifier V

Appocolypse Sanctum
vs
Enterpaainment United

Boys in the Hoods
vs
Deepwood Death-Dancers

No Win No Beer
vs
Hiding in the Woods

Tlaxtlan Trashers
vs
Rockhard Hats

Qualifier VI

Evil Moons
vs
Ugly Muggmaks

Rodent Rookies
vs
Devils Revised

Atei
vs
Hoch die Tassen

Ogre Relocation Project
vs
Bring Out Your Stars

Qualifier VII

Die Heilenden
vs
Run En Gunners III

Cattle Mutilators
vs
Averheim BBC

Up To Scale
vs
Faster Than Ever

Oloklolorho
vs
Invulnerable Geochampions

Qualifier VIII

What a Smell
vs
Chaos Waste Crushers

ORC International
vs
Irrational Khemrical Imbalance

Dirty Little Dinos
vs
Ferelve Farcity

Band of Brothers
vs
Russo Returns (with sheep)

Qualifier IX

Complicated Elves
vs
Divine Assasins

Le Bron's Finest
vs
Orloys - Lord of War

Fleetfoots Revenge I
vs
Win Cans

Samba Style
vs
Baracuda Boys

Qualifier X

Orcphans
vs
Cowardly Calcium's Compounds

Saintly Servitude
vs
Khory

Barrigones y Peludos
vs
Whirlwind of Dryjhna

Flying Sparks
vs
Dominus Decorum

Qualifier XI

Legions of the Undead
vs
Pine Punchers III

Crazy Talk Tribe
vs
Doom Divers United

San Diggigo Axes
vs
Bash Town

Fumbbl Cup V
vs
Win is Just a Curse

Qualifier XII

Saxon Phone Company
vs
Dragons of Curan

Words
vs
Pipiolines

Gartag's Legion
vs
Les Karkasses

Qualifier XIII

Beast Boys II
vs
Lost Hooves

Druchii Enslavers
vs
sexy vamps II

Wrath of the Pahrao
vs
Crossdressers

Por Tutatis!
vs
GR Beatdown

Qualifier XIV

Porc Purple
vs
Belin Team

Yellow Fever
vs
Crystal Fists

Drunken Gamble
vs
Green Fist of Mork

Lunatics Asylum
vs
Six Hooves Under

Qualifier XV

Skull Crushas
vs
Pro Elf and I Vote!

Cult of Shadows
vs
zims

Dusk Brothers
vs
greenz united

Madriz 08
vs
Black Crystal Striders

Qualifier XVI

Magerit Revengers
vs
Filler

Ground and Iron
vs
Earcandy

Blightskab Plaguelords
vs
Pus and Ooze

Cyanide Bugs
vs
SlowRoller

Last edited by propuppetmaster on %b %13, %2010 - %02:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier XV

Skull Crushas V Pro Elf and I Vote: A solid looking Orc team with two great blitzers, but the Bobs are the weak link v a nice all round elf team. I fancy three tacklers (two with mb) to be just enough and the orcs win 2-1.

Cult of Shadows V Zims: strong, balanced chaos v lizards whose sauri are underdeveloped. Easy win for chaos 2-0.

Dusk Brothers v Greenz United: Solid dark elf v one tackle orc. Easy win for dark elf. 3-0

Madriz 08 v Black Crystal Striders: Best match up of the group. Two very good teams. I fancy the mb tackle of the striders to give a numerical advantage and the victory. 3-1.

The Rest. Cult of Shadows will have too much for the Skull Crushas and the Striders will win the battle of the darkies leading to a great final. The dark elves are unlikely to have taken much dfamage en-route and I fancy them to edge the final, although a win for the Cult would not be a surprise. Tough one to call but I go 2-1 to the Striders.
Araushnar

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier V

Apocolypse Sanctum (Dark Elfs 274/258 Maverick1980) vs Enterpainment United (Orcs 253/230 Candlejack)13 Darkies with a lot of Blodgers vs 15 Orks with 4 Divine Tackle and 2 Tackle. If the Orcs manage to reduce the numbers i predict a 2:1 after Overtime for the Orcs.

Boys in the Hoods (Humans 273/257 Diddyboy) vs Deepwood Death-Dancers (Wood Elfs 259/255 Malitrius)Both Teams field a full Team, but the humans have only 2 Tacklers. I predict a 3:2 for the Wood Elfs.

No Win No Beer (Dwarfs 261/255 azyz) vs Hiding in the Woods (Wood Elfs 247 / 250 Holydiver) 14 Dwarfs vs 15 Wood Elfs and a Handicap. The Dorfs have more experience and a high ranked coach. That Team won already 2 Qualifiers for a Mayor but i see no way a Dwarf Team can win this matchup except with lucky cas rolls. With average dice for both sides i predict a 2:1 for the woodelfs in regular play time.

Tlaxtlan Trashers (Lizards 268 / 257 Mightypeon) vs Rockhard Hats (Chaos Dwarfs 242 / 229 StanRichardson)15 Chaos Dwarfs vs 16 Lizards. 2 Handicaps for the Dorfs and 2 ST5 Bullcentaur combined with a lot of Tackle, MB and Dirty Player. Mightypeon is a very experienced Lizard Coach but in this game are the odds vs the lizards. I predict a 2:1 for the Lizards but with heavy losses.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
The big news of the day is I have not see BigHats FTW. Rumor has it ever since their temple guardian went down and Stompy retired it has been all down hill ever since. They are beat up and beat down right now and it looks like the defending champion will be MIA for this years tourney.

that's becuase cribble actually plays with his rewards, instead of hoarding them away because he's afraid of losing them, like some hypothetical coach named DackJaniels...

--j

ImageImage
rafadavila

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i predict that i will win my first round game!!!
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2010 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok then i will quote from propuma and go for

Qualifier IV

Suckerers
vs
Hellbound Charioteers

A team of punkrock suckers with a broken WIZO link vs Fumbbl´Favourite elderly metal combo! Wreckage Suckerers are a fine vamp combo with some good players, but without superstars. The Charioteers feel that metal is not dead, but old (3 niggled Blitzers) and if they cathc a virus on tour, they will be out. Otherwise, i predict that the norsemen will win 2:1 in overtime, as the power of metal is superior to the punkrock rebellion. Hail and kill.

Anger Management
vs
Dead Pharoahs Revenge

Somebody call the positional purity movement. Quickly! Anger Management´s ORcs have managed to keep a fully developed Ogre out of sight of Fumbbl´s Witchunting Society. Block, Pro and Guard are the Skills of the Ancient Monster. Kill it before it celebrates its 10th birthday.... The Anger Management also has two Black Orcs that could be mistaken for mummies, as well as firm standing blitzers (only 3 of them, the 4th seems to be victim of the anger).

Dead Pharao´s Revenge is a young Khemri team, and not yet ready to face such a strong opposition. Due to pure TS difference, 3:0 for the Orcs in a bash battle with casualties on both sides.

Empire Strikes Back Insanity
vs
Bored Supercomputer

Already played: Snakes on the Millenium Falcon as the Orcs win 1:O.

Rest in the Pitch
vs
Nehekhara Royals

Rest in the Pitch is a quite inexperienced Undead Team, especially the Mummies and Ghouls are not great. However, some zombies know how to guard a position and the team´s star, Wight Meister Spalthand, can decide a match if his old injury does not stop him.

Nehekara Royals Khemri squad has the stronger squad, but i predict Spalthand to do some heroic moves and stop the Khemri. 1:0 for Rest in the Pitch.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
PainState wrote:

that's becuase cribble actually plays with his rewards, instead of hoarding them away because he's afraid of losing them, like some hypothetical coach named DackJaniels...

--j

Well he might not come out and play with his Eaters and his toys but he did show up for the show and his #5 spot on the CR chart is up for grabs...so we got to give credit there..... Of ocurse we are talking about a hypothetical coach who we will call JackDaniels.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless the handicaps and nuffle are kind to me I will probably lose my first match
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
PainState wrote:

--j

Well he might not come out and play with his Eaters and his toys but he did show up for the show and his #5 spot on the CR chart is up for grabs...so we got to give credit there..... Of ocurse we are talking about a hypothetical coach who we will call JackDaniels.

meh..not really sure why credit should be given for someone who wins a prize, and then mothballs the team, except for tournament time...particularly when said team isn't even brought out...

besides...who cares if the #5 CR spot is "up for grabs"?...more importantly, who cares about CR spots?

--j

ImageImage
shusaku

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier XVI
Magerit Revengers
Filler
I think the match may not get played and bet that Filler will have pmed the admins first so Magerit Revengers will be out.

Ground and Iron
Earcandy
The dwarves with 2 times tackle mighty blow and 1dp may make some damage, especially against a no dp team. The 4 handis may also take out some of the woodies. The Woodies were more into elfbowling so far. If the +MA tree does not bind to many dorfs I bet the dorfs will take it home in overtime 2-1.

Blightskab Plaguelords
Pus and Ooze
Medium skaven team against a young no tackle rotter team, seems like a 3-1 for the skaven to me

Cyanide Bugs
SlowRoller
Medium strength chaos dwarves with 15 players against 12 dwarves. I think the 2 dp hobos will make the difference and the cd will win 2-0 outnumbering the dwarves.

I think the qualifier will be won by the winner of Margerit revengers vs Filler
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Filler has played in so many tournaments with so little success. Looks like its finally his big chance to claim a qualifier.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
JamesFriend

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2010 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This is how I see qualifier XI panning out.

Legions of the Undead (Khemri coached by The cursed One)
v
Pine Punchers III (Wood Elves coahed by Jullutin)

Pine Punchers are coming into this match looking worryingly unprepared. Only eleven fit elves and two of those carrying niggles can only spell trouble against a Khemri team that will be looking for blood. Looking at the Pine Punchers squad it is hard to see who they can hope to to turn this game in their favour. Legion of the Undead bring only one Dirty Player to the party but five tacklers should be more than enough to overpower this fragile looking wood elf team. 2-1 to Legion of the undead.

Crazytalk Tribe (Orc coached by Mossbeard)
V
Doom Divers United (Goblins coached by Mr Foulscum)

Two teams who it is fair to say (at least in this reporters opinion)are unlikley to set this tournament on fire. Crazytalk Tribe bring a reasonable Black Orc Blocker, a +st Lineman and a useful +ag blitzer to Lustria. Not enough to have the main contenders shaking in their boots perhaps, but will it be enough to send the Doom Divers diving for cover and on their way home? All credit to coach Mr Foulscum for his commitment to racial diversity by bringing his goblins to Lustria but does he seriously believe these goblins are here for anything but a massacre? Expect the Doowm Divers United to turn up with a few tricks up their sleeves but it will not be enough. 1-0 to Crazytalk tribe in a bloodbath.

San Diggego Axes (dwarf coached by delsolkid)
v
Bash Town (Norse coached by Hollaender)

Delsolkid is the new kid on the block bringing a dwarf team who have only twenty two matches under their belts so far. They face a very experienced coach in Hollaender who in another admirable example of heart over head has actually brought a Norse team to Lustria to fight for glory. Well the Axes may be new but they actually look pretty useful. They suffer from the lack of speed which hampers all dwarven teams but in terms of hitting power they should easily overpower Bash Town. I fancy the axes to win this 2-0.

Fumbbl Cup V (Undead coached by JackDaniels)
v
Win is just a curse (Wood Elf coached by p4m)

This tie is the standout match of the group. Two succesful coaches go head to head in what looks like a stunning game. Some perhaps will be disappointed that JackDaniels did not bring his infamous team Competitive Eaters out to play. JackDaniels must surely believe though that he can achieve success with this undead team. In truth they look pretty one dimensional bringing four dirty players and unusually for Undead not a single ghoul to join the fun. Win is just a Curse don't have any standout superstars but what they do have is numbers and a squad that has real quality in depth. They will be giving up several handicaps to JackDaniels undead and will surely take a few casualties along the way but I predict Win is Just a Curse to win the game 2-0 and go on to take the whole group.
 Jump to: