35 coaches online • Server time: 00:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Given the choice, would you rather FUMBBL stayed with the current rules or moved to the 2020 version?
Stay with current rules
23%
 23%  [ 29 ]
Move to 2020 rules
76%
 76%  [ 96 ]
Total Votes : 125

GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Given the choice, would you rather FUMBBL stayed with the current rules or moved to the 2020 version?

DISCLAIMER:

I fully appreciate and support Christer's decision to match whatever rules are most current as closely as possible.

I'm not looking to change that, but I am intrigued as to what the site's consensus is.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i dislike the new rules, but there's no way for the site to survive on an old ruleset.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:
i dislike the new rules, but there's no way for the site to survive on an old ruleset.

What he said.
moph

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="GAZZATROT"

I fully appreciate and support Christer's decision to match whatever rules are most current as closely as possible.

[/quote]

i do as well.
what i do not understand is why it has to be "as soon as possible". wouldn't hurt to take time for the implementation as there is no professional obligation as far as i know. and maybe also wait until the dust settles and see what will be corrected in the next spike or however Grand Walrus choose to publish. i think nobody here would mind playing with the old rules for another half year, or am i wrong?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules update in 6 months?

What happened to the "2d service pack" rule. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this poll is rather devisive and negative towards Christer's efforts as he highlights in his blog posts and gives perhaps the vocal minority the chance to gnash their teeth (and there are plenty of posts already with that). The rules are changing, end of story. Whilst you add your disclaimer, I think this thread would be best served by being locked.
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

moph wrote:

what i do not understand is why it has to be "as soon as possible". wouldn't hurt to take time for the implementation as there is no professional obligation as far as i know.?

Because soon enough, Cyanide (who have been working on it for a while now) will release Blood Bowl 3, updated to the new rule set. If FUMBBL is still behind by then, say goodbye to another large chunck of the FUMMBL player base.

Oscar Wilde
Randobot

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt you'll get enough votes here to have a good sense of how the player base feels. How many users even come to the forums? At best you are surveying forum users who come to general chat.
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I think this poll is rather devisive and negative towards Christer's efforts as he highlights in his blog posts and gives perhaps the vocal minority the chance to gnash their teeth (and there are plenty of posts already with that). The rules are changing, end of story. Whilst you add your disclaimer, I think this thread would be best served by being locked.

I'm sad you see it like that.

I tried to make it clear that I supported Christer in his adaptation of whatever new rules are implemented.

In hindsight, a better worded question might have been "do you prefer the current or new rules".

As for saying "the rules are changing, end of story". I feel the new rules will be discussed and debated for years to come.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It's like any edition change for a GW game. Some won't like it and will move on, and fair play to them. Most will stay. At least this isn't like the massive shift from Warhammer Fantasy Battle to Age of Sigmar, which was a totally new game and turned a lot of people off, myself included. BB2020 is still the same game, albeit with some substantial changes. As long as not all my teams have to deal with the stupid 1,350 TV redraft limit, and it looks like they wont', I'm going to keep on playing.
sebco

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
moph wrote:

what i do not understand is why it has to be "as soon as possible". wouldn't hurt to take time for the implementation as there is no professional obligation as far as i know.?

Because soon enough, Cyanide (who have been working on it for a while now) will release Blood Bowl 3, updated to the new rule set. If FUMBBL is still behind by then, say goodbye to another large chunck of the FUMMBL player base.

I will add that, for those abble to play tabletop (not a large number in these Covid days, true), this is difficult to play with a different ruleset online and tabletop.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
moph wrote:

The same thing may well happen if we're still running with the 1350 cap.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The poll is too simplistic. Some new rules are good some are horrible. Overall I am fine with moving to them because it has to be done. The TV limit is what is putting me off the most. Eliminating that in one of the open divs would go a long way to acceptance of the new rules I think.

I would rather see a poll that asks about redrafting. Yea or nay, and if yea, what TV.

Maybe I am completely off though and that is not most people’s issue.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new rules for Kick Off table changes and Clawmb nerf. The 5k steps pricing is nice too, and some rosters changes, but the Season Redraft is bad because makes some teams not appealing or nigh on unplayable, while other ones are way more appealing.
The old rules have the Clawmb stack issue and high TV super growth which I don't like, but coaches have the choice of a wider range of playable teams, because they can be developed more than with BB2020 rules.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, the Redraft issue is due to the CAP & cash, not the rules.

Some leagues will be offering more cash and NO cap. Twisted Evil

Jump to: