65 coaches online • Server time: 21:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure it's only a problem with Pulseaudio, but I might be wrong. Are you running Pulseaudio, Emeric? It will help to narrow the error down.
Emeric

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

No, not using pulseaudio. I'm using alsa alone. So it looks like you're right.
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave Oracle java 7 update 5 another go today. And I failed to make it play nicely with the sound architecture... Pulseaudio. I did make the wrapper-script, both for the java application, and I also tried for the web start, but without luck. After a while the sound crashes.. So I decided to check my earlier suspicion, about Pulseaudio being the troublemaker here. I made sure Pulse didn't autospawn with this command:

echo "autospawn = no" | sudo tee -a /etc/pulse/client.conf

Then killed it with this:

pulseaudio -k

And just as I thought; Sound works flawlessly after stopping pulse.
Hope this helps anyone else who might experience sound issues with Pulseaudio.
(I think I'll just get rid of it all together and revert back to pure ALSA).

Edit: I forgot to mention; I'm running Linux Mint 13 Maya
Haplo-dBiggs

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just installed Xubuntu 12.4 LTS. after getting rid of Mint 12(?) I don't know jack about Java, but when I tried to load up the game client using Firefox 18 (FF 1.0 for conical) all I got was an ongoing series of opening new tabs with no downloading at all (like caught in a loop). Any ideas on this one?

running OS Xfce 4.8; Firefox 18.0; No-script 2.6.4.2 with all permissions allowed for fumbbl

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to install Sun's JRE.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2013 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

OpenJDK should also work.
Haplo-dBiggs

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2013 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Installed OpenJDK 6 & 7, going the whole hog. So far so good. Can spectate games now.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just upgraded to Xubuntu 12-10, and the thing won't run. I've installed OpenJDK 6 & 7, but I can't go past the 1st pop up window that downloads the resources. Or to be more precise: it does launch the client (I can see it in the task manager) - it's just I can't see the window. Smile

Anyone has a clue about what the problem may be?

NB: it used to work out of the box with previous versions of (X)Ubuntu.

-----------------

EDIT - Nevermind. It works with Sun's version.I'd rather use open source java, but it's better than no java at all. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2013 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This solution worked for me:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=55856

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

truckerpunk wrote:
I gave Oracle java 7 update 5 another go today. And I failed to make it play nicely with the sound architecture... Pulseaudio. I did make the wrapper-script, both for the java application, and I also tried for the web start, but without luck. After a while the sound crashes.. So I decided to check my earlier suspicion, about Pulseaudio being the troublemaker here. I made sure Pulse didn't autospawn with this command:

echo "autospawn = no" | sudo tee -a /etc/pulse/client.conf

Then killed it with this:

pulseaudio -k

And just as I thought; Sound works flawlessly after stopping pulse.
Hope this helps anyone else who might experience sound issues with Pulseaudio.
(I think I'll just get rid of it all together and revert back to pure ALSA).

Edit: I forgot to mention; I'm running Linux Mint 13 Maya

Not working on Xubuntu 12-10 with Sun Java. I even uninstalled PulseAudio, still no sound.

I noticed that every single sound emitted by the client is registered as a new program entry in Pulse Control Panel. I guess this is were the problem comes from: I can hear the 1st 2 or 3 sounds, but it seems to crash after that.

Pure ALSA or Pulse don't seem to make any difference in my case...

EDIT - Possibly related to this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-plugins/+bug/805940

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2013 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. Strange. The problem you describe with every sound generating a new audiostream in pulse and then crashing, is excatly the same problem I had on my Ubuntu and mint systems. I got it fixed by removing pulse and dropping back to pure ALSA.
Install the newest SUN java as described here: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=55856, and make sure that is the plugin used in your browser.
You could also try to make the sound wrapper script as described here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1568460
Of cause change the folder to your java 7 folder. Hope it works out.
Kam

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2013 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Still trying to make it work with openjdk. I can run the client with sun java, but the sound problem persists, nomatter what. With openjdk (which *used* to work), I get these errors after downloading the .jar:

Quote:
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to create temporary file
at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1714)
at java.io.File.createTempFile0(File.java:1738)
at java.io.File.access$100(File.java:137)
at java.io.File$2.createTempFile(File.java:1979)
at sun.misc.IOUtils.createTempFile(IOUtils.java:106)
at javax.imageio.stream.FileCacheImageInputStream.<init>(FileCacheImageInputStream.java:100)
at com.sun.imageio.spi.InputStreamImageInputStreamSpi.createInputStreamInstance(InputStreamImageInputStreamSpi.java:69)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageInputStream(ImageIO.java:347)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1341)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.IconCache.getIconByProperty(IconCache.java:75)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.ui.BoxButtonComponent.drawBackground(BoxButtonComponent.java:100)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.ui.BoxButtonComponent.refresh(BoxButtonComponent.java:138)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.ui.SideBarComponent.refresh(SideBarComponent.java:131)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.UserInterface.refreshSideBars(UserInterface.java:181)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.FantasyFootballClient.<init>(FantasyFootballClient.java:85)
at com.balancedbytes.games.ffb.client.FantasyFootballClient.main(FantasyFootballClient.java:251)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.launchApplication(Launcher.java:597)
at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher$TgThread.run(Launcher.java:908)

Anyone knows what it's all about? It sounds like a permissions problem to me but I really don't now how to fix it. I can't find relevant doc for openjdk policy tool either. ><

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2013 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

From this thread, it seems that the client wont work with Openjdk anymore..

http://insight.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22482

I'm still puzzled by the fact that removing Pulseaudio doesn't solve the audio problem for you, as it looks like it's the exact same problem that I had.
syghud

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2013 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

I'm trying to get FFB client running on my debian wheezy.
I got the latest version of oracle java, after several attempts, and now, my computer is okay to launch the .jnlp
Now my issue is : I'm stuck with the info panel. Can't close i, can't move it, wether I'm spectating or trying to play.

Any clue, you fantasy linux football pros ?
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2013 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember to be sure to set Oracle as the default java:

sudo update-alternatives --config java

I think this is the command to check in Debian (not too sure there):

which java

And make sure that the browser is using the java plugin as default.
 Jump to: