51 coaches online • Server time: 13:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2021 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Managed to reinstall everything but the missing section of the screen is even bigger now.

Interestingly if I click on the screen where the chat box should be and type it works. You just cannot see what you are typing! Hover over works for seeing how many TRR you have as well.

Have tried using CCSM "Window Rules" to force window resize but that does not seem to be working.

Lyracian.
gsverhoeven

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2022 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, I wrote a blog post detailing what I did to get the FFB client to run again on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04, without the white bar. I did not use the software from java.com, instead using openJDK 8 or 11 and icedtea. Link to blog post https://gsverhoeven.github.io/post/ffb_client_java_linux/

Last edited by gsverhoeven on %b %05, %2022 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
gsverhoeven

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2022 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Update: it is actually even simpler. It seems that OpenJDK 11 has switched from looking at GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID to looking at XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP as well. On Ubuntu 18.04LTS, I have to unset both, and after that, the FFB client is working properly without the white bar, with JRE 11.0.13. I've updated the blog post.

gertjan:~/Downloads$ unset -v GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID
gertjan:~/Downloads$ unset -v XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
gertjan:~/Downloads$ javaws ffblive.jnlp
 Jump to: