50 coaches online • Server time: 14:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

With the (very good) news about ffb, what does this mean for this years Warpstone? Will it be pushed back or what?
Alf115

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB4 Warpstone I suppose
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Lustrian 2011 HQ in Skavenblight **

Well it seems that with the conversion over to the FFB client has the Warpstone Open on hold. No one knows what will happen to this years tourney and the skaven are starting to get restless. FUMBBL is allready on probation from the fiasco 2 years ago and now it looks like total confusion.

I tried to get ahold of Lord PC at his HQ but he is on winter vacation somewhere tropical and south, they would not tell me.

So we will have to wait and see if the WO will kick off under LRB4 rules or delayed or possibly canceled for the FFB conversion.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford!

LRB 4? FFB? No matterz. Ze cup ztayz in Zkavenblightz!
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's LRB4, i'm in.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If it becomes the latest "new last hurrah", you can bet I'd toss my obsolete ogres into the mix. They're about as strong as I've ever had them, just in time to get nerfed into the dark ages. I'd gladly go out with a bang with whatever damage 312/256 ogres could do Smile

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My suicide goblins are ready to end up under a tournament sanctioned boot.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Please let box teams play too!

Sexy Ogrex wana play!!
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe only lrb6 box teams?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2010 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The Warpstone Open should go on as planned in the tournament schedule regardless of which ruleset is used.
Considering the announced porting of BOX to LRB6 on January 15th as the 1st transition it seems like a final LRB4 Warpstone Open is in order.
It could be the final LRB4 major at the rate we are moving.

Give the LRB6 Box Division a month or so to work out it's kinks as a competitive division.
Get the Ranked Tournament schedule up and rolling on time.
Transfer Ranked over to FFB about February 15th maybe.
Kick off the 1st Major Tournament in FFB during the Ulthuan Invitational in March.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Its entirely possible that the first part of the tournament could be played under LRB4 rules while the finals could be played using FFB rules? The [R]anked division will house the same teams before and after the move so theres no reason why this shouldnt happen.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Won't happen because the move from Ranked to LRB6 will be optional and you don't want to punish people for getting into the final by forcing them to move their team to LRB6. Also, there's all the other problems this would create of course.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from under a snow drift in front of the Warpstone Open HQ **

Well FUMBBL fans I have been stalking the WO HQ trying to get some information on what da heck is going on. But the building is all dark and the doors are locked...every once in awhille I see a light come on in the room that PurpleChest is in but I never seem to be able to catch him when he leaves the building. So I will keep drinking my spiked hot choclate and keep an eye and ear open for any news.

'another refill please?' as Miflord waves his empty tankard, all you can see is his arm extended out from under the snow bank.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
If it's LRB4, i'm in.

this is reason enough to have it on FFB

but on a more official note from tournament monkeys...we have not discussed the WO status at the moment...purple may have discussed the tourney with christer, but we haven't had anything filter down to the monkeys yet...we get together tomorrow for our weekly meeting, so i'll bring it up then...

--j

ImageImage
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dance monkey dance!