54 coaches online • Server time: 20:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Prinz

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Astarael wrote:
Ok, naramath and Keith, I'm going to clear up some incorrect posts here.

If someone leaves from a game IN PROGRESS (keith's case), follow the disconnection procedure by going to Duketyrions link there, or finding it through Help -> Problems, Disconnections and other issues. No matter if they said they were rage quitting, or it just looks like one you can not prove it was such and must treat it as any other accidental disconnection

In the case of Naramath where an opponent did not join a scheduled [B] match in the first place, after 10mins seek assistance in #fumbbladmin (or file a support ticket) to get your team unscheduled. The staff will note the opposing coach who did not show and if regularly doing so will deal with them.

Also it is considered improper to name the opposing coach in these matters, even if the rest of us find it funny Smile

A scheduled B game is a game IN PROGRESS.
Not showing up for a scheduled B game is the same as disconnecting from a game in progress, the game is considered in progress the moment the draw is made.
In both cases it is treated the same, with the exception that forced concessions are after 3 days in B.

pythrr wrote:
Asta,

So you are saying one can dodge a B matchup by simply going off line? A coach can;t be held to a match up any more?

A lot of coaches matched vs ClawBomb teams might be happy to know this....

The coach who gets disconnected on gets to decide what happens as always. So no, you can't do that.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clarification, I was speculating based on what I'd seen happen as opposed to why it was happening.

Just as an extra addendum from what Prinz has said in chat, it's 10mins for it to be a disconnection in [B] as opposed to 15mins.

I'd update the Disconnection Procedure page but 1. I might get it wrong, 2. I'm not sure I have access Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Prinz. That was the way it worked in the old B, and I wanted to check to see if Asta was stating "new policy". Good to see that games are still techinically undodgeable.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Astarael wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, I was speculating based on what I'd seen happen as opposed to why it was happening.

Just as an extra addendum from what Prinz has said in chat, it's 10mins for it to be a disconnection in [B] as opposed to 15mins.

I'd update the Disconnection Procedure page but 1. I might get it wrong, 2. I'm not sure I have access Very Happy

Actually it is 10min for a no show, but still 15 minutes for a disconnection Wink
This so you can activate for the next round.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Thx Prinz. That was the way it worked in the old B, and I wanted to check to see if Asta was stating "new policy". Good to see that games are still techinically undodgeable.

If anything I ever say sounds like new policy I'm almost certainly wrong Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

from what i here* admin does not yet have the tools to force a concession in the new client?

EDIT: *yeah its spelled "hear".

Last edited by t0tem on Mar 05, 2011 - 06:07; edited 1 time in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

We have, but for some reason it got bugged during the last client update.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the coach in question failed to show when drawn against me about a month ago so if there is a tally his must be starting to tot up.
 Jump to: