52 coaches online • Server time: 16:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Have you waited long enough to E.L.F. again?
Yes! For sure!
57%
 57%  [ 32 ]
No. Variety scares me.
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Oh no, I forgot the safe word!
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
I'll join if Macavity does!
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 56

Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 05, 2011 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
Could we say we use opponents TV? Thats better than higher TV imo.... as outballing TV 1600 Orcs with your TV 1840 elves should not give you more points than the 1600 TV is worth....

edit: cause inducements can even out a bit, but not completely

I'd like that I think.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 05, 2011 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just accepted 6 new teams:
  • 1 Kinks [ B] Harakiri Harlequins 111 113 Elf 2011-05-05 05:31:39
  • 2 Flashback13 [ R] New Age All-Stars 100 100 Elf 2011-05-05 05:52:41
  • 3 OenarLod [ B] Uisgeachan Beatha 99 100 High Elf 2011-05-05 09:15:33
  • 4 insanitie [ B] [B]el[F]uries 100 100 High Elf 2011-05-05 13:55:18
  • 5 Nekosama [ R] Weasels of the Mist 177 187 Elf 2011-05-05 17:31:59
  • 6 Rufus_09 [ B] Tor Elyr Thunder Cats 100 100 High Elf 2011-05-05 20:08:36
I can see how getting fewer points for beating a bigger team like in the CD example would be annoying. Question: What would be implications of "taking the higher TV" be when arranging matches in Ranked? Do you foresee some form of "inducement gaming" giving those coaches another advantage over Box teams? Oh no... wizards!

Badges for top 3 in box are doable. I should make a "cycle" badge also.

I'll try and get the ball rolling on the Season XXVII stuff later today/tomorrow. It will run with the same rule set as this season, but I want to hear your ideas about TV and other stuff with an eye towards future improvements.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2011 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was a great season thanks.

Particularly liked the points reviews you were doing. That was some class work IMO.

44 casualties hurt and the death of Sparrow in his 166th game with 408 spp earned, occured 4 years to the day of his rookie debut.
Thats him gone from top active list Very Happy

Thanks again.
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 05, 2011 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

After a quick start with four early games I wasn't able to continue through the season and finally gave up on completing the cycle. It was great fun nonetheless and I'll definitely be in again next season - probably with a second team, too. Smile

In six games my wood elves inflicted 12 casualties and suffered 25. Continuing like that it would have been 20 casualties inflicted (somewhere around the 20th place) and 42 casualties suffered - enough to be runners up! We'll try hard to replicate that great average next season!

I didn't spend too much thought on the system, I generally like it and I am thankful for the great job you did, pizzamogul!

Post   Posted: May 05, 2011 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

i think next season i'll be playing my ranked DE

I got a bit tired of the Box after this season Razz

Post   Posted: May 05, 2011 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
. Question: What would be implications of "taking the higher TV" be when arranging matches in Ranked? Do you foresee some form of "inducement gaming" giving those coaches another advantage over Box teams? Oh no... wizards!

I don't think that's a big issue. Sure, they might be able to, but in the box, about 50% of your games are against higher TV teams!

pizzamogul wrote:

Can we get those for the last cycle? Very Happy
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 05, 2011 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:

pizzamogul wrote:

Can we get those for the last cycle? Very Happy

+1. First time i managed it - my team demands the fluff to prove it Razz
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Everybody willing to give it another go and a few more chances I hope cause I'm going to get the next season going next week!

I'm in! Very Happy

Thanks for all the hard work. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
MadTias

Post   Posted: May 07, 2011 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations Falcone! Well played!

Congratulations to Reisender as well, even if you didn't quite make it in the end. Tough to get those last points when you can't choose to improve your worst category, but your score proves that Box teams have a fighting chance! How about trading me your Blitzers for next season?

Nice work also by lukoshiukas in the casualty challenge and by Hitonagashi with a 7-0 win against Pact. Good job!

I focused entirely on ELF and didn't play any of my other teams during the season, getting in 33 Box games for Rano Raraku:
A 13 - B 7 - C 4 - D 4 - E 5
Category D was completed with game 21 and category E with game 23, they were the hardest to find. I finished the cycle, but lost three of my category D games, thus losing out on the race for third place.

The categories seem to be working fine and I think we should keep them as is. You get lots of chances to perfect your score in categories A and B, but you really have to take the opportunity to score high when you get a game in the other categories as it could be your only chance!

...and of course a big thank you to pizzamogul for running the show, you are the greatest.

See you next season!
Falcone

Post   Posted: May 07, 2011 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all for the congratulations. Once again great job by Pizza in running a great league. I also agree that it can be extremely tough for a box team cause they cant pick an choose categories. Loved watching fellow E.L.F coaches play allot of your games were extremely entertaining. Grats to Reisender if he had'nt gotten stuck and kept winning in the Black Box minor tourney, I believe he would have passed me.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 10, 2011 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I shopped up some new images...

For 2nd place in the Box:
That was Elfukai.

For 3rd place in the Box:
That was Til the Death.

And for every team to complete the cycle:
Please feel free to display this in your team bio.

Jump to: