39 coaches online • Server time: 16:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How long until Namosz has to meet his bearded maker?
Next game it'll be over.
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
All good things come in threes.
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
No more than five games.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
He'll stay for another ten games or so, then that's it.
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
If you promise you'll get your team to a hundred games, he'll stay another fifty-six.
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
That guy will live forever!
18%
 18%  [ 20 ]
Macavity ows your team a game - Namosz will for sure wait for it!
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Macavity ows your team a game - but he'll wait for Namosz to die!
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
I'd vote PIE, but I'm afraid you only offer dwarven cookies as hard as a rock.
23%
 23%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 106

stej

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried my best to get him. I really did. Managed to kill a few other Dwarves but just couldnt get the hit on him at the right time. Fun game mind!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i want another shot to the agility monsters! last time i failed!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3129979

SadSadSad

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
Soranar wrote:
he needs another niggle, maybe he could break some kind of record: most niggles on a single player

He's got a LONG way to go to catch that - check out the Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth. Those are pre-LRB 5/6 niggles, mind.

exactly, with aging niggles were easy enough to get and survive (since they made the players not play) but with the new rules 3 niggles is rather impressive already
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I do owe your team a game.... Easter is soon!

I'd love to! If I don't win the WO lottery (which is more likely than not), we should give it a try!

soranos wrote:
does he get the apo treatment? I see more missed games and KOs in his future, but he should hang arround a while.

Well, at least against bashy teams he doesn't - almost certainly not as long Ramnah is on the field (I admit I'm a little scared of losing her).

Kinks wrote:
I hope he gets a perm SI'd on the first turn of every other game, wasting you apo (obviously he can't every game, because of the MNG). Then due to his TV weight bringing down your team you will have many painful and boring defeats, watching all your dorfs die and get injured. Eventually the trauma will be to much and will wear you down, forcing you to retire your team, leaving a bitter taste in the back of your mouth never wishing to coach Dorfs ever again. Therefore curing you of the worse disease know on FUMBBL, being a Dorf coach. Twisted Evil

Well, the first wish might partly become true (although probably won't get the chance to waste my apo), but the rest...
1) There are no boring defeats with this team! I just love going into crazy mode when the game is obviously lost (which I'm quite used to anyway).
2) I can't imagine retiring that team (I usually don't retire anything unless I did a mistake on team creation in the first place).
3) I just love dwarves, they're my favorite fantasy race. Can't imagine not playing Bloodbowl with them anymore. Very Happy

Macavity wrote:
um..... why does he have passblock?

Pass block adds a new dimension to the game (moving in your opponents turn), a thing I like very much. It also gives the dwarves a chance to move around a little more (even if a dodge fails, a longbeard in many cases can move one square in my next turn, which can be very useful, especially with guard). I also love the synergy with pro (either re-roll a failed dodge attempt or the interception itself), a useful skill for dwarves in general. Plus opponents tend to forget about pass block on dwarves! And finally it's one of the funniest things if a longbeard dodges twice through multiple tackle zones, tackles the thrower and makes him fumble the ball. Very Happy
I'm eagerly waiting for pass block to be implemented. And I'm already worried about skill choices: Guard first, but what after that? Fend? Pro? Pass block? A tricky one!

stej wrote:
I tried my best to get him. I really did. Managed to kill a few other Dwarves but just couldnt get the hit on him at the right time. Fun game mind!

It definitely was! I really wanted to have Krom hanging around for a little longer, but the (wandering) apo failed epically. You helped me on my way to a thorough rebuilt of the team. Smile

zakatan wrote:
i want another shot to the agility monsters! last time i failed!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3129979

SadSadSad

I'll happily give you another chance! Smile

Soranar wrote:
Colin wrote:
Soranar wrote:
he needs another niggle, maybe he could break some kind of record: most niggles on a single player

He's got a LONG way to go to catch that - check out the Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth. Those are pre-LRB 5/6 niggles, mind.

exactly, with aging niggles were easy enough to get and survive (since they made the players not play) but with the new rules 3 niggles is rather impressive already

I hardly doubt I'll be able to beat this guy's record! He has been retired (and plays for Return Of The Retired now), not killed!
And I've only played 6 matches under the new rules with that team, so not that impressive so far. Smile
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

And he survived another one! Got badly hurt somewhere along the road, but did a very good job up to that point.

Since the Monsters are now (again) out of the Warpstone Opens: Who wants a game somewhere in the future?
(Zakatan and Macavity, I already got you on my imaginary list.)

Edit:
Macavity added to my imaginary list.

Last edited by Rabe on %b %17, %2011 - %12:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2011 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
And he survived another one! Got badly hurt somewhere along the road, but did a very good job up to that point.

Since the Monsters are now (again) out of the Warpstone Opens: Who wants a game somewhere in the future?
(Zakatan, I already got you on my imaginary list.)

\o/ looking forward to it
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan failed again! Haha! *points at zakatan and laughs*

Ah, well... he didn't fail on hurting the team, but at least Namosz.

Anyone out there who'd play them with Skaven? They need to get rid of that warpstone curse!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

some day...

some day i'll get him! (Namosz cowardly BH'd himself on a failed dodge to escape my guys)

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Rata Blanca will play you as soon as they are in TV range again. But beware, we haff our own wayz to rid you of zhat curze.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2011 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, at the moment that's only a difference of 90k in TV! So, if you don't mind being the underdog...

On the other hand, if my team's development continues like this, they will be in TV range soon. Wink
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2011 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

He survived another two games! His teammate Groin recently joint the 3+ nigglings club... Since he's not subject of this thread, he'll probably die soon. My hail mary pass longbeard did so last match (without bearing any niggling injuries).

I'm not sure about this, but I think Namosz got badly hurt in each of the six games he played since I started the poll - and badly hurt only! I will take a closer look at that when I find the time for it.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Namosz has survived 10 games now and missed another one! He's perfectly healthy and ready for the Ulthuan Invitational. He just recently earned another MVP award!

His colleague Groin (the other one with three niggling injuries) got his collar bone smashed and is now part of the coaching staff!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My Zombies Attempted to Feast on his Brains, but Alas His Skull was too Thick
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 17, 2011 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

For Namosz, survival (he survived another match simply because he collapsed in the heat) is not enough:

He's now aiming to become all-time...

#1 intercepting dwarf (4 interceptions left to go),
#1 passing dwarven blocker (8 completions to go) and
#1 scoring dwarven blocker (8 touchdowns to go)!

Is it madness? Self-confidence? Who knows...

(Side note: Groin, the other blocker with three niggling injuries has retired to an assistant coach position after he got his collar bone smashed.)
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 17, 2011 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ googogogo Namosz!