47 coaches online • Server time: 11:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How long until Namosz has to meet his bearded maker?
Next game it'll be over.
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
All good things come in threes.
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
No more than five games.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
He'll stay for another ten games or so, then that's it.
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
If you promise you'll get your team to a hundred games, he'll stay another fifty-six.
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
That guy will live forever!
18%
 18%  [ 20 ]
Macavity ows your team a game - Namosz will for sure wait for it!
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Macavity ows your team a game - but he'll wait for Namosz to die!
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
I'd vote PIE, but I'm afraid you only offer dwarven cookies as hard as a rock.
23%
 23%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 106

Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2011 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have decided to adopt this thread, and keep it updated with stats on Brawn, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8080180. Brawn is a member of Strength Monsters, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=659581. He has played 17 games, and not only did he get a pair of touchdowns vs chaos dwarves, he has just managed a hat trick vs norse. In those same 17 games, Brawn has also gotten 9 casualties, and 3 (highly deserved) MVP awards, which puts him up to 60 SPP's; a Tomb Guardian Star who is quickly on his way to getting killed a horrible horrible death before achieving all time top scoring Tomb Guardian in either Ranked or Box. Note that he is already the all time highest rushing Tomb Guardian in either Ranked or Box.

Edit: Incidentally, while he has no permeanent injuries like Namosz does, Brawn still has decay, and no apothecary support (although he has regeneration, which somewhat makes up for that). So Brawn still feels a kindred connection with Agility Monsters and Namosz in particular.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2011 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

@Nelphine: Seems a little bit weird to me, since this thread has nothing to do with him (though I see the similarities)... But as long as you don't post too many updates (I'd just assume people want to read about Namosz, not Brawn, if they open this thread), feel free to do so, if you get some audience. Wink

Back to Namosz...

Many of you must have thought: "Okay, so he survived another 18 matches, but how much time did he actually spend on the field, fighting for his team?!"

Here's the answer: 10.5 turns on avarage! Well, not that much. Maybe an inconvenient truth even!
Since I've been struggling with getting back to 11 players for long now (and still do), he was on the pitch whenever possible (I remember only one drive I didn't set him up - and he promptly collapsed in the heat so he missed almost the entire rest of the game, too Very Happy). Will this have consequences? Of course not! He's Namosz!!

I'll put some numbers on the opening post to show how many games he played how many turns. They don't include Blitz! and Riot! kick-off events, so they're only almost accurate.

---

By the way, the Agility Monsters are already out of the GLT, got knocked out (literally!) by amazons in the first round...

I'll start rebuilding the team to get a more or less healthy squad as soon as Nomril (not Namosz!) is dead; as a slayer he deserves to die on the pitch (unless he refuses to do so for too long... in that case I know a nice place for him).
So you can help the team by killing that poor, battered little guy - all it needs is a little tackle. He can't run away anymore. :-/
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick update:
Namosz has now played and survived exactly 20 games since this poll was created 21 Agility Monsters games ago. He played 10.8 turns per game on average, is perfectly healthy and still one of the team's backbones! Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i want a shot at him with bonecrusher and darkbrood
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll get your rematch sooner or later. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking news:

Namosz is dead!

More information to come...

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nooooo!

(Though in all fairness, if it was going to happen eventually, there are worse ways to go than in a major.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

even sadder news:

It wasn't me!

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope after his catalogue of injuries he eventually died due to something like eating a small fish bone or tripping over a sandwich.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

He died when his team's apo decided the best way to cure his -str would be to take a shotgun and blow his head off.
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
He died when his team's apo decided the best way to cure his -str would be to take a shotgun and blow his head off.

Actually he died from the block, the apo brought him back, and noticed that he already began suffering from muscle death. THAT'S when he pulled out the shotgun Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2012 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Breaking news:

Namosz is dead!

The King is dead, long live the king.

Breaking News as Namosz ploughs onto the field with 2 casualties in his debut for the Undead Ex-Agility Monsters. The Undead team has put back together (almost literally!) the original line-up* of the Agility Monsters as they try to emulate the greatest elfballing Dwarf team ever.

* Note 2 members bodies are unavailable to use, 1 is on a personal quest and the other is still actually playing for the Agility Monsters.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2012 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2012 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Rabe wrote:
Breaking news:

Namosz is dead!

The King is dead, long live the king.

Breaking News as Namosz ploughs onto the field with 2 casualties in his debut for the Undead Ex-Agility Monsters. The Undead team has put back together (almost literally!) the original line-up* of the Agility Monsters as they try to emulate the greatest elfballing Dwarf team ever.

* Note 2 members bodies are unavailable to use, 1 is on a personal quest and the other is still actually playing for the Agility Monsters.

Haha Awesome team idea Very Happy

SL
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2012 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Breaking news:

Namosz is dead!

No shout out to the team/ player that finally took him down? Who was the brutal killer that finally felled the Mighty Namosz? A clawpomb Nurgle Warrior? A lowly goblin? Enquiring minds deserve to know!