46 coaches online • Server time: 17:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What charity should these teams donate their money to?
End the Suffering - The Pro Elf Retirement Fund
13%
 13%  [ 34 ]
The Halfling Chef Pie Fund
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Victims of Clawpomb Abuse
36%
 36%  [ 93 ]
The Clawpomb Rehabilitation Project
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Whatever Macavity thinks
11%
 11%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 258

Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh please, this is an old and honorable thread - don't get into a discussion on certain topics in here. Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Only 200k away from taking the top spot on that list.

What happend to the 11 million team?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
tv sweetspotting in the blackbox would be less of an issue if you can ban yourself from playing against certain players/teams. Oh... And actually follow blood bowl rules and not a bastardization that supports what the black box is now. I'm talking about concessions.

You can already do that in the Ranked division.

Change concessions so that you can back out of a game that you don't like? No, I don't think so.

You could try Cyanide though. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Oh please, this is an old and honorable thread - don't get into a discussion on certain topics in here. Sad

"honorable" lolz

Maybe you missed all the posts in this thread apart from the first one (the only one that makes it notable or meritorious). Since it began it has been a hotbed of discussion of box/abuse/minmaxing etc.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:

Maybe you missed all the posts in this thread apart from the first one (the only one that makes it notable or meritorious). Since it began it has been a hotbed of discussion of box/abuse/minmaxing etc.

Well, simple answer: It has nothing to do with min maxing or abuse whatsoever.

You know how many LRB4 teams with all positionals I had? None. This nonsense about having to play with all positionals because finally even the most demented coaches understand that going all out isn't always the best way to do things, leads nowhere. In fact: If all positional builds were always the best builds, it would be boring and we would only see one (boring) type of team per race. Now begone.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Only 200k away from taking the top spot on that list.

What happend to the 11 million team?

They retired. No idea why.

Rabe wrote:
this is an old and honorable thread

King_Ghidra wrote:
the first [post]...makes it notable or meritorious

Thanks! Very Happy I'm honoured.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You should put the necros in a special Hall of Fame/Shame spot, they still have all that money even if retired. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, 11 million was redonculous.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
King_Ghidra wrote:

You know how many LRB4 teams with all positionals I had? None. This nonsense about having to play with all positionals because finally even the most demented coaches understand that going all out isn't always the best way to do things, leads nowhere. In fact: If all positional builds were always the best builds, it would be boring and we would only see one (boring) type of team per race. Now begone.

I done ONE DE team with all positionals but one, it had 4 Blitzers, 2 WEs, 2 Assassins, one Runner I think; with 3 linemen. I might have had two runners a very short while but it just dont work to put them or assassins on the line.

As for the old posts, I would have loved to try playing 7 vs 7 or whatever they tried back then; problem is that you would need to find opponents, so I guess would only work in a leage here now.

The reason people play 5 skilled guys + rookies is that its efficient. They win games, and stay below or at -10K income.

It would be kind of pointless for me to argue that we need to Tax Azure, because he don't skill up his linemen to block/dodge/SS and instead just use 5 guys for everything. I do find it boring but that is different.

As for elf style team, half my started teams get high losses early and dont get gold, the other half get lots of gold but skyrocket the TV really fast instead (as I spp hog). The only way to build big cash is to keep the TV low, by not getting the SPPs on players or fireing too highly skilled ones, you still can have for example one good player; Uxel darkies on tour is the example of the latter.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=662148
Income higher then losses, check! Play games, check!
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

[snip]
Now begone.

Why was that rant directed at me? I agree with that point. I was merely trying to point out to Rabe that this so-called honourable thread was already sullied with discussion of dark-side-type topics. Aim your dismissive comments elsewhere please.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2013 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
pythrr wrote:

in that case, should official action not be, err, cough, taken?

Overreaction somewhat.

blah

how is a question an overreaction? Paranoid much?

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2013 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it seems the ogre team that held the record had to spend a little money Wink

I think mine is now the richest ogre team with 520k Very Happy

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=681631
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Time for the quarterly update of the FUMBBL Rich List. Nihonto have made it to the top of the pile, and the infamous smallkosp make an appearance (no need to debate them in this thread - their strategy has been well covered elsewhere). The Box/Ranked ratio has swung back from a heavy Box presence to an equal distribution.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2014 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
16th: Dark Elf 1.54m, (Up 1 place)
Uxel Darkies on Tour, Cryo, Ranked

I displaced UDoT, as top DE goldhoarder! Bowl and Chain is currently 1 620 000, and use the Really Really RICH badge. Here is to keep injured players on the team and roll lots of 5&6´s on the winnings roll.
Fishsoup

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2014 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Why no stunties?
 Jump to: