40 coaches online • Server time: 12:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What charity should these teams donate their money to?
End the Suffering - The Pro Elf Retirement Fund
13%
 13%  [ 34 ]
The Halfling Chef Pie Fund
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Victims of Clawpomb Abuse
36%
 36%  [ 93 ]
The Clawpomb Rehabilitation Project
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Whatever Macavity thinks
11%
 11%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 258

plasmoid

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It should be noted that the Bank rule prevented all of this (cash count towards TV, but 100K can be hoarded for free - but is then unavaialbale for the game).
But JJ vetoed that after the BBRC had voted it in.
Maybe he made a brilliant analysis - maybe he didn't.

Cheers
Martin
gjopie

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

turboraton wrote:
My team has 640k gold! http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=648516

Sorry, edited to make the original post clearer; these are the richest teams within each race. So while your team is richer than any Pro Elf, etc. team, there are richer Pact teams than yours.
Fela

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
It should be noted that the Bank rule prevented all of this (cash count towards TV, but 100K can be hoarded for free - but is then unavaialbale for the game).

To what end, though?

Like Carnis said, for a lot of races the hoarded money is inconsequential compared to SPP on players, because new unskilled players will be a liability anyways until they gather some SPP. And those with competitive newbie players are not among the millionaire teams, at least not in the Box and not yet in Ranked.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Find a way to convert it to real money, and donate it to me directly, thank you!

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad your list is far from the real list on FUMBBL: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=&order=4&nav=0
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Big cash stores don't bother me a bit. You can replace a player, but you can't replace the time it took to get all the skills. You can't use money to buy an edge in game since whatever you add, you give to your opponent as inducements.

BTW, why am I not on the list? My Box Dogs have been at 430k for a while now.

[EDIT] Ah, the list Rijssiej posted is much better.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Gothcon and "We are not who we are" are both cheating and should be off the list. Against site rules to sit below 11 players with money to buy.

How come Terrifying Anarchists of Naggaroth aren't on your list?

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Gothcon shouldn't be on the list.

They have 400k...and 350k of missing WE linemen.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would hesitate to call people cheaters, as I find that a bit strong accusation. Isn't the normal practice of such accusations to report it via a support ticket?

I assume you are referring to the site rule:
Quote:
Teams in competitive divisions are expected to strive for at least 11 players on the roster. While this doesn't mean that any team below 11 players must immediately hire a new lineman, coaches are expected to not let the team deteriorate on purpose.
Personally, I am not fully certain, if it is meant either as a hard rule of "Buy always the linemen you can afford". My perception of that rule has been that it is meant to discourage the choice of not buying journeymen in the post-game. However, I fully admit, that I am not an expert on the FUMBBL site rules, and I may be quite wrong on the subject. I guess the admins will clarify the rules if so needed.

Is it legal to groom joyrneymen into mvp'd linemen and then to hire them?
backelie

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2011 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Gothcon and "We are not who we are" are both cheating and should be off the list. Against site rules to sit below 11 players with money to buy.

Rules wrote:

Teams in competitive divisions are expected to strive for at least 11 players on the roster. While this doesn't mean that any team below 11 players must immediately hire a new lineman, coaches are expected to not let the team deteriorate on purpose.

My interpretation was that the bolded part is what the rule is really about. No point in blowing cash that might be needed later everytime you're down a lineman. If you want to be pedantic you could consider blowing cash unnecessarily to be 'letting the team deteriorate on purpose'.

The Anarchists probably arent on the list because they're in L.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2011 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Too bad your list is far from the real list on FUMBBL: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=&order=4&nav=0

Yeah, its different to that; but that is on purpose. I sorted them out to find the richest team from each race in R and B (the divisions using the FFB client). This was so that the races could be ranked by most wealthy team, and so that within each race you can get a sense of what is considered "rich", because it quite obviously differs. A dwarf team with 500k is actually relatively poor, even though they'll rarely use their cash, while an elf team with that much would be considered either super-rich or cheating.

On Gothcon: wasn't sure whether to include them. If you don't, woodies drop to the bottom of the pile.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2011 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

wow

good to see attrition is so high in R

oh, wait, yes. in R you can dodge the new attrition (clawpomb) and not have the old attrition (ageing or DP) slow you down.

so, which is broken? clawpomb or sans clawpomb?

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2011 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

Ark, i've complained a number of times (in teckets) to admin about teams with 4 or 5 journeymen and 100k's of cash, and have been told they are not cheating.

it annoyed me, so i built my own version (which sucks btw).

we really need a rules clarification here
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2011 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit, I do use Journeymen quite frequently with Lizzies.If my team gets bashed, I don't replace the Journeymen till I have enough money to leap to 12-13 players.

Skinks recycle so quickly, it's a hinderance to team building in the long run if I have to burn 60k on someone who will probably die the next game, until I can actually get a bench. Especially at high TV, it's nice to keep enough money to replace a Krox if needs be.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2011 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
I must admit, I do use Journeymen quite frequently with Lizzies.If my team gets bashed, I don't replace the Journeymen till I have enough money to leap to 12-13 players.

Skinks recycle so quickly, it's a hinderance to team building in the long run if I have to burn 60k on someone who will probably die the next game, until I can actually get a bench. Especially at high TV, it's nice to keep enough money to replace a Krox if needs be.

same, with high elves
 Jump to: