45 coaches online • Server time: 15:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 25, 2011 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The Wheel of Chaos begins to spin. From all over the old world, hardened black box veterans gather to face the wrath of the chaos.

Will their favoured clawpomb heroes take another trophy? Will it get hot again when sexy ogrex start dancing? Will the E.L.F. make a point and strike in the box?

Will some of the teams that joined the bloodbowl world yet again win their first tourney at fumbbl. Or will humans finally take a trophy?

Make your predictions here, you ugly wanna-be mutants!
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Slann Crystal Ball...on the Favoured of Nurgle!

El Drizzto and the Gang VS Boxing Gloves

This one I think could be down to the cas dice. 4 superstars make the team for Drizzto, while there's 3 sets of blocklemb in the Boxing Gloves. If they start getting the elves off early, things could go badly, as the DE only have the one reserve player.

That said, Reisender is a quality player, and that elven one turner could make all the difference.

I'm going for a 2-1 to Drizzto...but with the elves going into round 2 with 11 players.

Dreamers of R'lyeh [B] VS Migliorini's bar Blasphemous

The forces of the Undead take on the wanna be nurgle Chaos here. Both sides don't have much in the way of tackle, but the Undead have a fair chunk of dodge. The Chaos have a superstar ball carrier going for them though..two heads blodge and the only tackle makes him a fair blitzer too.

Looking at the teams, I think the UD should have the edge here. They have 5 guard to the Chaos 2, and the blodge advantage. It'll be close enough to be an interesting watch though!

2-1 to the Dreamers

Enanos Traviesos Al Ataque VS Wheel of Chaos
A stalwart dwarven team line up against a skaven team who appear to have dropped the idea of superstar gutter runners in favour of a killing blitzer and a superstar Rat Ogre.

While at first glance, I thought this was a standard grind win for the dwarves, I think they'll come to regret only having 11 players. The killer vermin is going to be hunting those annoying dangerous players, and all that stand firm isn't going to prove that useful at exterminating the rodents as they run away...and the babe that the rats get could prove very useful. While any dwarf skaven can be decided on some timely kills, I think that the rats will triumph here. Besides, they are named after the chaos gods. How can they not get Nuffle love?!

Wheel of Chaos win 2-0.

Beverly Blackorcs VS Scandinavian Dolls
Relatively fresh norse here line up against some developed orcs in the biggest handicap match of the qualifier. While the Norse do get to play with some star player fun, this could be very bloody indeed.Wilhem and a Babe would be my pick out of their inducements, and even so, I don't think this is going to be enough. They are outguarded, outmb'ed and out dp'ed. And then they've got AV 7 without any skills to playing ball. This one is going to have blood all over it.

1-0 to the Blackorcs.

Schnucken VS No way to paradise
Vampires! \o/...and some Chaos to face up to them. While the Chaos look a bit like brutish elves in places, with an AG 5 beast and a couple of ag 4 warriors, the vamps have their own share of agility. A leaping AG 5 vamp pairs up with a blodging tackle ag 5 vamp for some ball snatching fun. The fact is though that the vamp team revolves around those 2 players. There's no other blodging vampires, or pro to save the thralls. I think even without clawmbpo the chaos should be able to inflict some real damage here. I'd be surprised if the vamps didn't manage to turn the chaos over...but I'd be surprised if both of his stars made it to the end of the game to win in overtime.

I'm calling this a 1-1, with Schnucken Chaos winning in OT.

La legge delle tre C VS Mighty Tails
Here we have an Undead Lizardman shootout. I'd say the lack of saurus skills is really going to hurt the Mighty Tails here. They have a couple of really nice skinks, both of who could easily one turn with the Krox's grab. The undead however, are sporting doubles all over the shop! They have a pair of nice sidestepping blocking mummies, a pair of blodging wights, and and some tackle on the fodder. They are very slow though, with 2 wights and only one rookie ghoul. The Lizzies are on a timer here. If they can score and turnover before they run out of skinks (or survive the UD grind and one turn back, followed by a score), I think they can take this.

I think I'm going to call this as a 2-1 for the Lizzies. I can't really explain why I think the skinks aren't going to turn into a fine red mist...but the Slann Ball feels lucky today folks!

Lustrian Lanterns VS All the Way With Stevie J

I'm not gonna to predict this one, being the owner of the Lanterns as well as the owner of the Slann Ball...someone else can feel free!

What Oh Ok VS Griefers Gonna Grief

Stop the presses! The Old Ones would like to file a complaint! How on earth did the Griefers end up here? They WON the Crown of Sands for Nuffle's sake, why do they even have to compete to be Nurgle's Chosen?!

Regardless, merely winning in the desert doesn't appear to have appeased Father Nurgle, relegating his champions to the lowly Favoured arena. The only rotters in this group, they've come up against a fairly high TV opponent in the What Oh Ok's. We get to see a Deathroller grinding pus into the turf! That said, there's only 4 mighty blow, and only 6 guard for the dwarf team...low amount for a team of that size, and especially when you have to contend with all those killers. Unless the MB really kicks in against the pestigors, the dwarves are up against it here.

I'm saying the Griefers will steamroller the What Oh Ok, and win 2-0.

That's all for this qualifier folks...tune in tomorrow to discover if the Slann Ball can be bothered to cover qualifiers that it doesn't have a direct interest in!
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

You all powerplayers!
This is time to show some magic from Vampires! Evil or Very Mad

Shocked

Laughing
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd predict srjuanone and Azure to come out of Tzeentch, which I think is the scariest set of qualifiers.

srjuanone has been tearing it up lately with those CDs that have been carefully kept in TV check; they’re ideal for the lower qualifier. That SH Bull is the mega weapon and should see him past tricky Elf / Rat ties. The higher qualifier has some monster teams. We had an all COS finalist first rounder this morning that I scraped through, but my team is now banjaxed. Will be living on Inducements for the rest of my participation. I think Azure’s CDs have the weapons to destroy bash teams, but also, just as importantly, a dedicated ball carrier to stop Elves, something Fela lacked with the passing of his SH Bull. I think DE and CDs are the best agility / bash teams for this sort of thing respectively, and that’s they're best CD teams in the qualifier.

But, either way, we all know BB is about rolls first and who should win second; so anything can happen, and probably will. All I know is that I picked the wrong qualifier! Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to put my money on Jimmy Fantastic's Nurgle again or Azures Clawsquad. Purplegoo will always have a chance with those woodies but I think he might have a tough time after some of injuries he got recently.

Also I think this tourney needs a banner like the new one that was made for the Crown of sands.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh - you've seen what's left, right?! Very Happy

Anyway, I think I need to build a decent DE team for whatevers next. I'm thinking more and more they're the business for high TV Cups. Either them, or like I said above, CDs. HE's wouldn't be awful either, so long as you had a ball winner Lion and an AG5 guy to whip it away.
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ou still have this annying wardancer. add eldril and a wizz and :/ However, i predict that 11 journeelves plus eldril, a wizz and jordell will lose the qualifier final Very Happy.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe. Smile

I think I'm in a game with Sidewinder and a Wizard (and PeteW), I agree. I think I'm pushing it to make it through 3 more in that manner, mind. pac was the real unsung superstar of that team, now he's got beat up as well, they're a sorry mob in need of a full refit. I think Inducements for Elves are funky in a one off game situation, but over a few you need a strong backbone to advance. Anyway, enough me, more predictions! Very Happy
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I have noticed is that the only reason Griefers are actually in the Favoured, not the Chosen of nurgle is that they have a MNG superwarrior.

I can't see any other instance, and I don't think Jimmy was trying to abuse the system...just enter the team at a reasonable power, but should this be fixed(using TW) for next year? There's not really a nice solution here, but if for example, RO's chaos had gone into with 3 mng legends at the height of the powers, they'd wipe the floor with the entire favoured qually if they could get past the first round.

In terms of overall predictions, in addition to Azure's claw boys and Jimmy's nurgle, I really like the look of DaMonsters Golden Unit (they include the obligatory stat freak) and Dhaktok's BB HE are also quite nice.
DatMonsta

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Hitonagashi, very friendly by you. I don't see me in the finals, my statfreaks just like to leave early in most of the games. I'll give my best, but i don't think that, when i survive the first round, i can beat teams like http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=641116 or http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=527047
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed with the TW idea for next time too.
vicius

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sexy Ogrex starts his participation friday 21:00 bbtime!!

Take ur clothes more sexys and come to spec them!!

Sexy time!!
neophyte

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

1893 Besenbrueck won already their match against some evil 11 man chaos legends. go make your games i need the next round !
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How the hell did you all get so many elves in the box? Is that just my unhealthy playstyle? First time for ages i have 13 players, one of them mng.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 26, 2011 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
How the hell did you all get so many elves in the box? Is that just my unhealthy playstyle? First time for ages i have 13 players, one of them mng.

It may be your playstyle but it isnt so hard. Just save up all your money when they are at a low TV like these

Looking forward to seeing Sexy Ogrex back in action. Although with Wizards just around the corner and their fragility to Claw I cant say i fancy their chances. Prove me wrong Vicius Very Happy

neophyte wrote:
1893 Besenbrueck won already their match against some evil 11 man chaos legends. go make your games i need the next round !

Also this was a good result for humanity Very Happy
 Jump to: