48 coaches online • Server time: 14:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

Well FUMBBL fans we immediatly move to the second major of the year. The Witches take home the WO trophy but the celebration is short lived as the UI gets ready to kick off.

The UI is allways interesting because of the format and the TV requirements for entry.

Iam very excited about the level of interest so far in the majors and look forward to seeing the # of applicants for the light and dark qualifiers.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh. Can't decide what to bring. None of my teams are in such shape that they are an obvious choice to bring.

I've got woodies at 2000TV with only 9 real players on the roster (awesome ones, by and large, but no bench is scary).
I've got orcs at 2390TV, but they'd be in the claw-heavy Dark qualifiers, and just asking to be wiped out.
I've got lizards at 1760TV but with a game to clear the MNGs they're up around 2100 or so, and might be my best option.
I've got Necro at 2100TV, but it would be a lulzy early exit facing all those chaos and DE.
I've got dwarfs at ~2000TV which might do some heavy damage to the elves, but probably wouldn't win through.

Oh, and I've got my ogres, who I brought to the WO, but who I've decided to mostly retire to XFL-only status.

Edit: I've been tempted to start my own topic about the decision, but have so far resisted.
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict I'll be bringing some kind of elves!
What?! Not surprised? :p

SL
PainState

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords back page editorial **

thanks maysrill for submitting a letter to the editor about your thinking of the proper strategy for the UI.

BUT

I have to say that a 2390 TV orc team, which under the new TV rules is at the top of the spectrum, running for the hills because they might have to face some claws or pile on or for the love of NUFFLE might get wiped out...Well IMO you obviously have no confidence in that orc crew. RETIRE them on the spot....Greenskins concerned about a little blood, some claw, maybe a perm injury here or there...Are you sure they are Orcs and not some hobgoblins or goblins in disguise as orcs...get a DNA test done pronto and make sure this is not some cruel cosmic joke being played out on you.

Last edited by PainState on May 09, 2011 - 19:59; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My predicition - A lot of grandfathered teams.

@ Maysrill take the woodies, live life on the edge, no bench means you will really have to go all out for the win in the first half sometimes. It will be very entertaining. Smile

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

I have to say that a 2390 TV, which under the new TV rules is at the top of the spectrum, running for the hills because they might have to face some claws or pile on or for the love of NUFFLE might get wiped out...Well IMO you obviously have no confidence in that orc crew. RETIRE them on the spot....Greenskins concerned about a little blood, some claw, maybe a perm injury here or there...Are you sure they are Orcs and not some hobgoblins or goblins in disguise as orcs...get a DNA test done pronto and make sure this is not some cruel cosmic joke being played out on you.

Mostly concerned with winning, and orcs don't do it as well as they used to. Time was, they had to worry about getting run around and outscored, since they're a bit slow and plodding. They could bash with anyone, so a Dark qual with only DE to worry about would make them a good choice.

Now, they not only have to worry about being run around, but they can find themselves severely outbashed, with chaos and Nurgle all claw-buffed now, and the occasional pact or CD team with claws, mixed in. All it takes is one bad match up to get knocked out. Orcs aren't the consistent performers they were in LRB4.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords back page rebuttal **

Quote:
All it takes is one bad match up to get knocked out.

A universal truth that applies to every team.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

After a sorry coaching perfomance the Crushers will be looking prove their appearance in the WO Final wasn't a fluke and are already enroute to Ulthuan.

As an aside, Grek the Gruesome, my blodge guard mino who skilled up in the WO Final by cas'ing a Delf lino, grew some tentacles even though he had really been looking forward to a big shiny claw. Hopefully players not being able to get away will give him more hitting opportunities and cas without my having to sacrifice my blitz on him. Plus, ST5 tents rock and two rocks twice as hard. Mwahahaha!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The Agility Monsters see it as their duty as elfballing dwarves to visit Ulthuan, learn and teach a thing or two. And leave after the first round.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
** Milford from the UI **

Milford needs to hire a new PR agent to keep his signature block up to date.

As always, enjoy reading all your press releases! Hopefully I will get some time to eventually enter one of the majors. (Though going out in the first round will probably not consume much time.)
robocoyote

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Death is Forever

After winning a Smack and The Fumbbl Minor Since the teams first round exit in the WO
The Team is in prime tournament shape. We have even developed a few star players to lead the team

a star ghoul and elfballing wight

will be entering hoping to avoid a clawbomb mummy death :p but i am not afraid
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

My Elves played the sort of prep match other teams only dream of Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3154507

Not sure if the fact I knew what I was getting into makes it better or worse.
MadTias

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

This sort of thing seems to keep happening to you, Malmir. What did you do to Nuffle to deserve getting picked on like this? Smile
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well a) I'd played him before and b) even the tomb guardian had dp so it's not like I didn't know. I enjoy trying to survive and prosper in games like that
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 09, 2011 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good for dwarves, what with them being in the side of the qualifier with no claw!

Also nice for rats and darkies maybe, as a lot of the bashers won't have much tackle since the dodge teams avoid them in [R]!