35 coaches online • Server time: 08:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Oh, ok... so I got this totally wrong. Very Happy

Sadly, I still don't get it, I think. Or do I?

If I want to win this, I "just" have to nominate the FC winner as one of the two teams right away. If I do so, it doesn't even matter if my second team gets beaten in the first round. Right?

Correct...so you nominate two teams in the first round. Both get knocked out in the third round. You can re nominate two more teams.

The winner will be determined by who ever has picked the winner the earliest, by round. So it is possible that 5 coaches could win, if they all picked the same team in the same round of the tournament.

So the true front runners will probally get nominated in the very early rounds. But the dark horses will not get nominated until around round 3-5 probally. So if you want to look like a genius you need to find the best dark horse around round 3 and nominate them.

You dont have to nominate your two teams right off the bat, you can reserve a pick if you so desire.

So in the above example if you pick the winner right off the bat in round 1 it does not matter who your second pick is. You have 2 chances to pick the winner of the tournament.

Last edited by PainState on %b %31, %2011 - %21:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I'll do some random nomination then as soon as the draw is made and wait curiously how may votes my Agility Monsters will get. Very Happy

Thanks for clarification, PainState and garyt1!

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2011 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Another note on the Team to Beat competition.

There is some strategy involved if you actually think about it.

Example: MadTias has allready nominated two of the front runners before the tournament even started, although that counts as a round 1 pick. SO if you add your pick to one of those teams, and they do actually win the tournament, the best you can hope for is a tie with MadTias.

So if you are one of those guys who cant stand a tie you need to calculate that into your pick. Also there is no point in nominating Chuck VS or Empire Srikes Back in round 2 of the tournament because MadTias allready nominated them in round 1 and would win IF one of his picks was right.

So one approach is to nominate 1 front runner team and then with your second pick you are "fishing" for dark horses. Now as this starts to come down to the middle to late rounds there will be the possibility that you will be eliminated due to your 2 picks getting eliminated and you run out of possible teams to pick.

After each round I will LOCK a team. Meaning after the current round no more coaches can pick that team. SO back to MadTias picks...Chuck VS and Empire will not be able to be picked again after the 1st round is over.

By locking teams, coaches can and will be eliminated as this thing plays out.

one final note: once you "pick" you cannot go back and unpick a selection, it is final.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the FC **

Well the tournament kicks off tommorow and Altdorf is buzzing with FUMBBL Cup activity. The city has gone FC crazy. Street vendors are out in force. The bars and taverns are jam packed with rabid fans. This place is bursting at the seems with anticipation.

Dont forget tonight is the opening ceremonies hosted by Lord PurpleChest. It will be followed with a parade of some of the teams that will be in the FC and end at the merchants corner pub.

For those with the special gold invitations, like me, I will see you at the palace with an audience and reception party held by the Emperor himself, who just so happens to be a big FUMBBL fan.

And for those who dont want to be apart of that lame parade or dont have the clout to get a imperial invite. The Row of a 100 Taverns is having their own kick off party to get everyone properly drunk for the opening day/week of FC action. It starts, right now and does not stop until the end of the tournament. So head on down and visit with the fans.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Team to beat - Griefers Gonna Grief aaaahhhh yeahhhhhhh

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Team to beat - Griefers Gonna Grief aaaahhhh yeahhhhhhh

That might be true.

But this violates Rule #6.1.3.21 which states: "6)You cannot pick your own team, that is just bad form."

So Iam all for the postive vibes coming from the Griefers and their head coach. BUT they will not be nominated by their head coach in the Team to Beat competition. So Grief on about the injustices of rules/FUMBBL/ and grey areas of 11 man rosters.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Team to beat:

Pro Popes - Dolls
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it looks like the dam might just break on coaches taking the front runners before the draw is even made.

SO

Team to beat: Azure Claw Squad

I will wait to see the actual draw before I pick that second team.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Where did Tarrabaralla go off to? Would have liked to see his vamps in action.
I notminate whatever Alibaba is bringing to the FC, he has been tearing it up in the XFL lately.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Team to Beat: PeteW's Ultimate Mr. Men

They're a lock with the new rookie hire who's been itching to play. He's gonna be a star I tells ya.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm waiting for the draw...

Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2011 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict Nekross & Alibaba as teams to beat.

*edit to add 'as teams to beat'*
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll pick defending champion jokaero. Heard some rumours though that the space orks got stuck in a warphole and the black crystal striders will try to defend the title.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the FC **

Well FUMBBL fans Iam headed over to the FC HQ were the "draw" will be made later today. Allready there is a host of fans collecting outside getting their "drink" on. A lot of fans seem to be sporting their good luck charms and I see a orc shaman under a lee-to doing some ritual for a good "draw" for his team.

It is a combustable atmosphere outside the HQ as the tournament is about to kick off. Who will get the shaft of a bad draw? who will luck out and get a nice easy path through the first 4 matches? We are about to find out later today.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2011 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I trust enough funds were raised by the rich Ranked teams, and delivered anonymously to PC at FC HQ, to ensure Griefer's, WMD's, and Chuck vs BB all ended up in the same bracket.