22 coaches online • Server time: 07:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Electric_Wizard

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick rules question (Hope this is the right place):

Let's say I'll get enough money to hire a star. That means I'll have 10 players (8 snots, fan, star).

Client is going to force me to set up all 10. So I put 7 snots on the playfield + the star. Snot Nr. 8 sits in the endzone with our fan.

Now one of my snots goes splat, this'll allow me to use the fan, right? But the other snot will stay in the endzone, not doing anything, even if my whole team goes splat, right?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say that is completely correct. Has to be confirmed by FreeRange or Marcellus though (since I've only partly been involved into this).

You still have to move your players hanging around in your end zone if requested by your opponent of course.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

TheElectricWizard wrote:
Just a quick rules question (Hope this is the right place):

Let's say I'll get enough money to hire a star. That means I'll have 10 players (8 snots, fan, star).

Client is going to force me to set up all 10. So I put 7 snots on the playfield + the star. Snot Nr. 8 sits in the endzone with our fan.

Now one of my snots goes splat, this'll allow me to use the fan, right? But the other snot will stay in the endzone, not doing anything, even if my whole team goes splat, right?

Exactly right.

Only 7 players allowed on the active pitch and the only player that can enter the match immediately after injury would be the journeyman "Fan", all others would have to wait till the end of the drive.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2012 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You mean 8 players since we're talking ogre/snotling teams here, right? Wink

If you have to take journeymen regularly, which one is considered to be the "Fan"?

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
You mean 8 players since we're talking ogre/snotling teams here, right? Wink

If you have to take journeymen regularly, which one is considered to be the "Fan"?

Whichever one you decide to leap out of the stands and on to the pitch!
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

From a battered tent deep within the snotling tournament commissioner waits impatiently as a wizened snotling shaman takes a wheezing breath before leaning back over the steaming cauldron of what appears to be eyeballs and entrails (leavings from the latest snotling match one assumes). Several long minutes pass with the only sounds being the crackling fire and the oddly disturbing sounds emanating from the bubbling pot. The commissioner turns as if to leave when the the shaman begins to speak, mumbling at first but his words quickly gain strength to an audible level.

"...The ranks are low and do not sing out, blood must be spilled without a doubt.
More teams we need to fill the draw, but those whose skills will not us awe.
Three nines I see all in a row, squads should resist the chance to grow
The Gods covet the chance to watch the snots, fly and squish and fill more pots!..."

The tiny wizard collapses into a pile of bones and rags leaving the commissioner to figure out what the ramblings meant. He leaves the tent growling to himself and immediately has to duck a flying snotling thrown errantly from the practice of coach Churchill's 7(ish) Women of Wonder.

"Ok we need more teams, I got that... three 9s in a row? 999 I suppose...bah whose idea was it to get the shamans involved anyway?! I'll just have to come back tomorrow to see if I can get him to talk some sense..."

14 teams applied - cutoff looking to be around 999 TV

Those coaches wishing to apply a different team only need to contact Marcellus or myself to kick your old applicant. PMs will be sent to give those coaches who are in danger of not making the cut time to apply another team.
LtSpeed

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"The Gods covet the chance to watch the snots, fly and squish and fill more pots!..."

The 7-Speed-Cultists will answer the call to fill the pots with more snots!

(If we wins can we gets the pot for our lot?)
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

17 applicants. Looking good.

Rabe is correct (naturally). Snotlings (and their Ogre buddies) start with 8 active players on the pitch. The fan (journeyman) will be number 9 and he will hang out in the endzone until one of the 8 active players is removed from the pitch -- at which time he can enter play immediately. Any other extra players (such as snots sitting due to star inducement) will be governed by BB7 rule 2.c (found on the main BB7 page).
LtSpeed

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the Shaman Masks idea as a prize. Perfect with our draft system. Can a player get more than one mask?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say only if he has two heads... ;-D

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

that's lucky half my team have Smile

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=682223

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a nasty team. Shocked Nice idea!

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the team cowhead -- creative and tough to bring down!

Ltspeed - totally got to share credit on the masks. Freerange did all of the design work on them -- they do look great!
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2012 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The snotling commissioner, scarred from his dozen game career (long for a snotling, ruffles the sheave of wrinkled papers in in his claws. "24 teams entered and only 7 r da' chosen race? Bah! dese youngins have no honor! Why in my day we'd have swarmed dem all, blood be dammned... but dere be time to fix it..."

He extends a disturbingly crooked finger toward one of the snot assistants, "Ya get out dere and get dem to join de list... Dontcha ask me how... stir the blood, pester dem, poke em, prod em... just get dem here! Now run!"

Offical update:
With less than a day to go we've got 24 teams signed up - meaning there is room and time for more!

Get those teams signed up! And remember that low Tv teams will get some preference.
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2012 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The Snotling Invitational has now drawn teams and round 1 is underway. Deadline for round 1 is Saturday Jan. 28th at 02:00 BB time.
 Jump to: