57 coaches online • Server time: 22:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the new season has kicked off and the action is allready starting to get nasty....I like that, bring the blood and pain.

Well I was looking around and realized we needed some new season clean up.

So I have updated all the previous winners and compiled the new NWL champions points....bet some of you did not even know we had that.

Also I went in and automated the scoring for the divs since it was to much to configure the scoring when the tournament was created, just to much work for that last detail.

I have not got around to updating the season stat leaders. Now that is to much work but I will slowly meander down that path and eventually get that part done.

I noticed a lot of new names on the Champion point standings. Which is good since it means we have a bunch of new blood in the ranks.

Ok so the season is kicked off.

Lets see some match reports. updates, trash talking or a nice juicy rant against NUFFLE or some other entity that has conspired against you.

NWL Champions Points and Season Winners

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Season 22 Kicks off and the Slaughter House [9] comes through in a close match. This one came down to the last play of the match and we hold on.

This match though has allready caused a big "stir" in the NWL commisioners office because of two events in the match.

The first one happened right at the end of the half. When Mitchell Pritchett was caught on the sideline and Meat Wagon II came blitzing in. The deathroller blew the Nurgle up and sent him flying into the 9th row but then the roller went out of control. It blew through the sideline crowd and then hit the wall of the stands and ploughed right on in. It took out the first 6 rows of specs and then the engine blew up in a very large blast radius. The death toll is suspected to be around 82 kills.

The NWL is taking a lot of heat in the media that they do not have reinforced walls to stop this exact thing from happening.

Commissioner Da_Todfatha had this to say: "I have no clue man. The NWL has never actually scene a deathroller take the field. So why would we even consider spending that kinda of cash on reinforced walls? We have never had a need for them."

The second incident happened in the closing seconds of the match. The second half was a back and forth affair. But it all came down to the ball on the ground and the Beast of Nurgle reached down and picked up the ball. Started to sprint towards the endzone to secure the tie. As he was about to cross the goal line he was assaulted with 67 cans of beer, 7 bottles of wine, 6 chickens and then was shot with a cannon. The BoN gets blown up and when the dust settles the ref checks the ball and it is laying on the 1/2 inch line outside the endzone! Ref blows the whistle as the time runs off the clock. Said BoN was laid out on the pitch and covered with debrie and a cannonball laying on his stomach.

Well once again the media gets all over the NWL for not having proper protection for the players from the fans. Pointing out that the NWL venues are completly open and than any "joe" could run onto the field.

Comish Da_Todfatha: "Well I dont know of any Joe's running onto the NWL pitches. We have top flight security at all our venues and for 21 Seasons we have never had an incident like this one. In fact I can say with pride that we have the most laid back and relaxed fans in all of Blood Bowl. They never do anything crazy."

"Now to the actual incident in question I have no clue how those fans managed to stock pile all those beer cans and bottles and I sure as hell have no clue as to were a cannon came from. But Iam sticking to the call on the field as no TD. That BoN just needed to GFI better, thats all."

Well as the season continues we will see how the NWL reacts to these events and will any changes be forthcoming in the NWL because of this match?

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough*Preseason*cough*
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The season started? News to me.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we playing matches? Is there blood flowing? Are pixels dying at a high rate?

If so...then the season is on for all I care, call it what ever you want.

But Iam confused since I did not read a PM about the NWL starting up a season that is not actually a season. Do the premier guys know this, that they are not really playing for anything?

Also a preseason of a season is still part of the season. It is just pre and not post. But still part of the season. Inless you play in a chaos vortex when the preseason of season 22 could of come before season 9 and juxtapose the entire time continium. We are not playing by those rules I hope, because I defintly did not get that PM.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

"The following people read up to here: Chappy, cyric612, prophane, Kryten, screech, Johnny_Ryce, BillBrasky, xyon, fangbanger, ex-convict, Craftnburn, Big-Al, th0r, Iskabis, PainState, Beerox, Catalyst32, Sigmar1, SavageJ, Crimsonwolf, ryanfitz, Jasfmpgh, licker, RobRoyDuncan, LightHammer"

"Posted by xyon on 2011-11-17 18:33:50
Ok, I've set up the VET preseason, please play only up to 2 games. NEW teams can play up to 3 games. Premier has started without any pre season."

"pre- 
a prefix occurring originally in loanwords from Latin, where it meant “before” ( preclude; prevent ); applied freely as a prefix, with the meanings “prior to,” “in advance of,” “early,” “beforehand,” “before,” “in front of,” and with other figurative meanings ( preschool; prewar; prepay; preoral; prefrontal )."

Any other questions?
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

On a complete side note relevant to the discussion at hand.

I realize that we are only playing 1,2 or 3 matches depending on TV.

It is a publicity stunt to get the NWL back into the front pages of news so to speak. Iam tired of the NWL gettng placed behind the classified ads and no one cares.

Also it could not hurt to maybe let some other coaches know that we are still around and maybe, just maybe, pick up a few other new coaches for the start of the regular season.

Last edited by PainState on Nov 24, 2011 - 00:03; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2011 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

And furthermore...Iam going to keep "bumping" this thread every few days if it goes dormant. The PR department of the NWL is back in business.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2011 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Heve we set the actual 2 week date yet or just wing it and see how it is all going along?

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2011 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

A hard hitting Premier match is scheduled for Thanksgiving night between Iskabis's Knights of Fate and my Creatures with attitude.. care to pick a favorite Pain?
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2011 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The season is up! And my division contains... 3 Nurgle, 2 Dark Elf, 1 Elf, 1 Slann, and my Necros? This is going to be an interesting season...
willfogg

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Id like to join the League with either my Chaos Team or my Dark Elf team, can the admin please contact me if theres a slot available?
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2011 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

willfogg: The NWL only accepts rookie teams, so neither of those would be eligible to join. Additionally, we maintain racial parity within broad groups. With the current league makeup, I believe you would be required to choose a race from our "betweener" section if you wanted to join at the moment, so neither a rookie Chaos team (basher) nor a Dark Elf (baller) would be acceptable.

I am not an admin, so I will leave the question of your membership for others, but I would advise you to read over our league's Information page to make sure you are aware of what is expected of you should you join. Good luck!
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2011 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Season 22

Brass Balls Division

In their first official game of the season, the Dead Morticians faced off against Black__Plague to see which team would get the better start. While quite battered, the skaven of the Plague still had a solid core of extremely agile gutter runners to get the season started, while the undead Morticians had numerical superiority.

Receiving the opening kickoff (after the riot delayed the start), the Plague quickly punched a hole in the Morticians defenses. With excellent blocking from the rest of the rats of their team, Cyan Ariakus snapped off a quick pass to Corabb Bhilan Thenu'alas who ran in for the score.

The Morticians proceded to slow the game down on the following kickoff. Quickly forming a solid cage around Pathos, they slowly marched down field, causing as much damage as possible, knocking out 3 and causing 3 casualties in the course of the drive. As time in the first half was running down, Cyan Ariakus managed to slip in and take down Pathos, leaving the ball loose. Xah Tsaroth also slipped into the cage but failed to secure the ball, allowing the Morticians' Gareth to recover it instead. In the final seconds of the half, Gareth ran in to tie the game up.

The second half started started with a massive disparity in numbers. The undead were at full strength while only Xah Tsaroth of the skaven returned, and he had the full attention of the Plague's medical staff. Facing 6 on 11 odds and kicking to the Morticians, there was little that the skaven could do. The Morticians slowly marched their protective cage down field, where Gareth strolled in with the winning touchdown.

A good game all around, the Black__ Plague just unable to overcome the vicious blocks and fouls of the Dead Morticians. The battered Plague may have a rough next game as they face a healthy norse team next, the Feral Teabaggers. The Dead Morticians on the other hand have a bye and will play next against the experienced dwarves of Slaughter House [9].
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2011 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Season 22

Brass Balls Division

Round three opened with the experienced dwarves of Slaughter House [9] facing of the relatively new (but well rested and more numerous) undead of the Dead Morticians and star player Setekh. Early odds favored experience over numbers, but the Dead Morticians hoped that key fouls could break the back of the dwarven juggernaut.

Receiving the opening kickoff, the dwarves proceeded to march relentlessly forward, grinding all they could reach into the turf. The inexperience of the undead was highlighted immediately as they were unable to bring the dwarves down to attempt to foul, even as their comrades were carried off the pitch. Soon outnumbered two to one, the undead defenses fell apart as they began to concentrate on survival. The dwarves did not care, leaving only 3 undead players still on the pitch, as they marched down to score at the end of the half.

At the second half things looked dismal for the Dead Morticians. With both mummies and Setekh unconscious or injured and facing healthy dwarves, desperate measures were called for. Receiving the kickoff, the undead engaged in elfball-ish tactics, albeit with only moderate success. Tying up as many dwarves as possible with zombies and skeletons, the undead did manage a brief breakaway to charge towards the end zone. However a desperate tackle from Poppy John Calhoun spilled the ball on the ground. The dwarves quickly moved to pick up the ball, and even held on to it for a time before being brought down near their own end zone. In the ensuing scrum, the power and experience of the dwarves again told the tale, denying repeated desperate attempts by the undead to get to the ball until time ran out, leaving the dwarves victorious.

A brutal game for the Dead Morticians, they were flattened repeatedly by Slaughter House [9] and unable to respond. The dwarves were cool and efficient, and if they maintain such play they look to take the division. Slaughter House [9] faces the young chaos team Eternal Inferno BC next and look to be in a good position to be victorious. The Dead Morticians on the other hand face the equally inexperienced halflings of the Underhill Treehuggers, most likely accompanied by their best chef and star Deeproot Strongbranch, in what looks to be a tough rematch of their preseason opener.
 Jump to: