47 coaches online • Server time: 00:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2012 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

We are looking for more coaches to join our group for the love of LRB4, we understand there was a few problems with lrb4 such as dp spam, that is why we are limiting DP to two per team.
If you would like to know more just fire away
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Link doesn't work for me.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

weird seems fine to me

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

seems fine for me too http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7732, there is the gourp again though
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

We are looking at running a 16 man KO cup to start off a season off tournaments and friendlies for rookie teams only, pm me or post on here if intrested
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I love how this is gaining momentum! Tried the LRB4 client, it still works! Cant wait to get in some LRB4 action later today....

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not keen on the 2 dp limit. I don't think this will do the job intended. It won't make a difference to some teams, and will cripple others.

I would say if you want house rules thus:

No GTR, do the ref rolls in chat if you GTR.
No claw/rsc combo, (grandfather existing claw/rsc)
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think house ruling LRB4 would be a mistake, but I will happily go along with any final decision made by the group.

Just played an old school LRB4 game, my plucky humans against old school badass killer Khemri! It was great fun!

I can't wait to play more, and it would be awesome for anyone cheesed off with CRP to give it a try!

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

well the 2dp limit isnt set in stone its there for discussion, as i want this group to be run by the group for the group. so what ever the majority is happy with is what we will go with
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we still have plenty of time for discussion, there should be no feel that we are rushed or such. Since our main topic at the moment is concerning house rules, I think we can discuss the Dirty Player issue later on, our only major concern was DP reaching critical mass like JimmyFantastic's Orc team showed, which was a bit ridiculous. It should be a relitively easy topic to agree on.

However, @HM:

I can definitely see the logic of GTR, as a fouling bonanza is likely to down any team beyond recovery. However, in regards to the Claw/RSC combo, while it certainly can be devastating (2+/2+) would the case where it requires two doubles not even it out? We aren't necessarily looking at a "infinite" route similar to R and B where the laws of probability can be subdued simply due to levels of games played so surely having a few RSC/Claw would not be too detrimental?

Of course mine is just theorycraft and speculation, since you would be more experienced in the LRB4 system by a fair margin I would be interested to know how exactly that combo played out.

On that note, to echo Calcium, I think until things are truly under way should we consider any "major" house rules, let us keep it open until matters actually begin to arise. We can always discuss these at a distance but let us get the ball rolling first!
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if it seems that limiting DP isnt nescessary as a rule, that would make me happy because id like people to play whoever they are happiest, and imo claw/rsc shouldnt be too big a problem for use due to games played as wolbum said
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:

However, @HM:

I can definitely see the logic of GTR, as a fouling bonanza is likely to down any team beyond recovery. However, in regards to the Claw/RSC combo, while it certainly can be devastating (2+/2+) would the case where it requires two doubles not even it out? We aren't necessarily looking at a "infinite" route similar to R and B where the laws of probability can be subdued simply due to levels of games played so surely having a few RSC/Claw would not be too detrimental?
!

Some coaches are very skilled/biaised at making such players. If you want to build a team where you want 2 rsc/claw, you can do it quite quickly. At high TR, vs teams such as Norse or Humans, it simply is destroying. Teams with 2 or 3 claw/rsc weren't uncommon, hell you see some with 4 or 5 at times.

It's a broken combo. Claw/mb or rsc/mb are still extremely good, and grandfathering allows players who already have it, to enter anyway.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be up for this if there was no limit on DP Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

the_cursed_one wrote:
seems fine for me too https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7732 , there is the gourp again though

Still doesn't work for me. Oh well.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

try again... there was a comma stuck to the end of that link.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7732
 Jump to: