33 coaches online • Server time: 08:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
juck101

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The tiers issue I find is not needed to some extent. I think compared to 3rd ed we have races added that we don't need. Any minor tweaks effects how one race is relative to another and I even remember the old formula to cost players. I would rather work towards a more even environment overall but fail to like any of your suggestions to meet that aim

I agree with the principle but fail to see the need to tweak the rosters much.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
PainState said
"it forces you to allways play in the 1400-1900 TV range."
Actually, -3 to winnings can be manageable for quite a while. The intent was the teams could go to roughly 220TV. When JJ nixed Bank, the result is that especially chaos teams can nest in at 2500TV, where they are absolutely gruesome. (At least in a non TV-matched environment).

Cheers
Martin

I highlighted in bold the last statment because that is huge.

FUMBBL is a TV-matched enviroment. IMO that is the root of the discussion about skill combos, tweeks, nerfs/buffs...basically everything. FUMBBL is not TT were your team plays 10 matches in 2 months. You can play 10 matches with your uber 2500 TV chaos team in 3 days. And at the end of your TV matching run you are a 1600 TV chaos team rebuilding your CW core.

The CRP rules as a wholle are fine. But there are stress points of the new rules that are really showing up on FUMBBL due to the fact that you can play a huge vollume of matches in a short period and that effects a lot of things.

CLPOMB is a great example of this. It takes a lot of time/games to make a fully developed chaos killer team. It might take you 50 matches to get up and running at full power. How many months/years would it take your team in a TT league to reach that level? On FUMBBL if you are dedicated you might have that team in 2 weeks.

Mutation on doubles....no problem...After 75 games and 120 skill up rolls I got my CD core with 4 claw players. Once again how many CD teams are running around with 4 CL on their LOS in TT? 75 games and 120 Skill up rolls is way way way down the line for a TT CD team.

I can go on and on about situations that are common scenarios but their effect is radically diffrent when comparing TT to FUMBBL.

I think it is fun to talk about these things but in the end nothing will change on FUMBBL until Christers decides the issue needs to be addressed. I realise some coaches hate these discussions because of that and I understand. But they wont go away because the stress points that FUMBBL has exposed in the CRP rules really bug a lot of coaches. And I will conceed these problems are really just a Box and Ranked issue on FUMBBL. League is perfectly suited for the new rules, because it is more like real TT play.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Juck,
I'm sorry to hear you don't like the roster changes. Not much I can do to change that.

I very much disagree that PO will be so weak that it will go away. I think most teams will still have dedicated hitters who maximiza the damage potential.
SG is a bit trickier, but I do believe it deals with a big problem with dedicated foulers: You don't want to stack lots of TV on a player who will get removed from the game pretty quickly.
In both cases though, we'll have to wait and see how things go in playtest.

Cheers
Martin
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi PainState,
I get that.
To me the ideal is a rules change that will make things work well in the extreme long term, without having a bad impact on shorter term (TT) Blood Bowl.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:

SG is a bit trickier, but I do believe it deals with a big problem with dedicated foulers: You don't want to stack lots of TV on a player who will get removed from the game pretty quickly.
In both cases though, we'll have to wait and see how things go in playtest.

Cheers
Martin

You are play testing the best idea so far that SG only gets ejected on a double on the injury roll?

right?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. The one that was locked down on february 1st for the entirity of 2012.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2012 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
Nope. The one that was locked down on february 1st for the entirity of 2012.

Well Iam glad to hear that it was locked down and tested. It is obvious that testing proved it was the best idea. Give the other changes a chance in testing, Iam fair after all, but Iam sure it is self evident that this is the best idea to improve SG.

Iam not being cute here. That is by far the best change to SG ever presented. Iam deadly serious.

I can give you about 11 reasons why this is. But you allready locked down the testing phase on this idea to give the other ideas a fair shot in testing phase, which I repsect.