41 coaches online • Server time: 13:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Satyr Jumps Nymph...
Hilarious, and no big deal!
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
OMG! OMG! OMG! Rape!!! Oh noes! Won't someone think of the children!
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Athel Loren Fae (Dark Fae)

By now nearly all Stunty aficionados are familiar with the Albion Fae team. What most don’t realize however is that those Fae are from a 'benevolent' place. A place known for its bright sunshine, beautiful flowers, laughing brooks and generally benevolent Fae.

In other places however, the 'Deep Woods' become darker and much more sinister. Travelers aren’t well aware of these areas of the forest as, well, they frequently don’t come back. You see, in Athel Loren there are other kinds of Fae, the kinds which delight in tricking wanderers into quicksand, stealing babies, and spiking your drink with poisonous mushrooms.

The Athel Loren Fae tend to stick to themselves and avoid the outside world, but if there’s one thing that would bring them from hiding, one thing that would cause them to take to a Bloodbowl pitch, it’s their deep-seated hatred and loathing for their goody-two-shoes cousins, the Albion Fae. So, after finding out that that the Pixies, Leprechauns and Brownies were playing a sport called Bloodbowl, a sport which allowed, nay, encouraged bloodshed and carnage, well, the Athel Loren Fae were eager to join.

Player Descriptions:

Firbolg Giant Dimwitted and misshapen giants. Generally too stupid to be of much use, but they enjoy squishing stuff.

Dryads Wood spirits capable of assuming solid form for short periods of time, these malicious beings appear as walking trees and are known for pulling hair, tangling clothes and tripping the unwary.

Satyrs Known for not being ‘the sharpest rock in the forest’, these generally anti-social creatures are more fond of butting and rutting than anything else, but they’ve a particular… soft spot for Nymphs, and where you find Nymphs, you’ll find Satyrs. Unfortunately their affection for the Nymphs can sometimes be quite…debilitating. Mature audiences only. (Note, we'd need a new sound for these guys, I'm thinking "Boom Chikaa Waa Waa!") Note: Per the above poll, there is some controversy regarding this players negatraits and final implementation (as always) resides with stunty management.

Sprites Image Image Small, quick Fae as difficult to catch as they are to spot.

Spriggans Truly malevolent Fae and the driving force behind the Athel Loren Fae team. Kidnapping children and torturing small furry animals (or vice versa!) is just the start of a good day for these vicious malcontents. These hideous little creatures are capable of swelling to enormous size, allowing them to waylay even the most powerful intruders into their domain.

Nymphs Beautiful little Fae with a penchant for beguiling the unwary to a watery grave. Not normally ones to risk themselves, but no one wants to get on the Spriggans bad side. Also (don’t tell anyone) they kind of enjoy the Satyr’s attentions.

Rated PG Version:
0-2 Dryads 5/3/2/9 Prehensile Tail S/GAP 100K.
0-2 Satyrs 6/3/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns, "Bloodlust" A/GSP 80K.
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Sidestep, Stunty, Titchy, A/GSP 70K.
0-2 Spriggans 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Foul Appearance, Dauntless, Stunty GA/SP 80K
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, "Thrall" A/GSP 30K.

Rated G Version:
0-2 Dryads 5/3/2/9 Prehensile Tail S/GAP 100K.
0-2 Satyrs 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns A/GSP 80K.
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Sidestep, Stunty, Titchy, A/GSP 70K.
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty A/GSP 30K.

Alternate Rated G Giant version:
0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/6/1/9 Loner, Really Stupid, Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow S/GAP 130K
0-1 Dryad 5/3/2/9 Prehensile Tail S/ASP 100K
0-1 Satyr 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Thickskull, Horns A/GSP 80K
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Sidestep, Stunty, Titchy A/GSP 80K
0-16 Nymphs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty 30K

RR: 60K
Apo: yes

Oh, and this'll be my last shot at a new team, honest.

EDIT #1: Modified the original list and added the alternative list (with some changes haHA!) developed during discussion. Wink
EDIT #2: Modified the lists again after giving them a good think through. The lists/ player types are now far more uniform but still with a few minor alterations.
EDIT #3: Team fluff modified to fit the current Albion Fae fluff.

Last edited by Sigmar1 on Jan 16, 2015 - 07:36; edited 17 times in total
Bram

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly 6 players with 3+ strength. Doesn't really sound stunty, does it?

Not to mention the 2 dodge ag4 ma7 guys...
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

0-3 Treeman 110000 2 6 1 10 Big Guy, Take Root, Throw Team Mate, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull G, S
0-4 Pixie 50000 7 1 3 6 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty, Very Long Legs A
0-16 Brownie 30000 6 1 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A
0-2 Leprechaun 40000 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Strip Ball, Stunty A, G

Just seems like you made a better roster of Fairies
Awesome mobile str 6 guys.
Awesome fast ag4 ball carriers
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff has potential, but roster is overpowered like this. Tone it down.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

@bram: umm no. Not sure on whether to stay with Firbolg OR Dryads, but both WILL NOT be on the team.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really commenting on the roster, but

For people with poor Reading comprehension:

( 0-2 Firbolg 5/6/1/9 Loner, Really Stupid, Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow S/GAP 140K )
OR
( 0-2 Dryads 5/4/2/9 Diving Tackle S/GAP 110K )

0-2 Satyrs 6/3/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns, “Bloodlust” A/GSP 80K.
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Sidestep, Stunty, Titchy, A/GSP 60K.
0-2 Spriggans 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Sneaky Git GA/SP 60K.
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty (Thrall) A/GSP 30K.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

@Ehlers:

Spriggans < Leprauchauns (cause strip ball >>> sneaky git in a league with almost no sure hands)
Nymphs < Brownies
Sprites > Pixies (alhtough even easier to take out and only two of them)
Satyrs & Dryads > Trees

If there's some trimming needed its undoubtedly in the first two positionals as the last three players seem quite reasonable. Obv the Sprites will be little terrors...but ST1...how scary can they be even if they can get almost anywhere?

@Calthor: What would you prefer to see toned down? Dyrad ST or AV? Perhaps 0-1 Dryads? Get rid of DT? With two negatraits and only A access the Satyrs seem ok to me.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

3 Treeman 110000 2 6 1 10 Big Guy, Take Root, Throw Team Mate, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull G, S
vs
2 Firbolg 5/6/1/9 Loner, Really Stupid, Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow S/GAP 140K
1 Satyrs 6/3/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns, “Bloodlust” A/GSP 80K.

That is 330 vs 360, not that big of a gab in my eyes.
And the trees are slow and not very mobile. Plus can take root. Have not played them, but on most teams big guys are very important. Have not played faries, but if all trees take root. Not so much. I would rather have very mobile str6 guys. A good all-round st 3 ag3. A good ball handler actually.

Yes the sprites is not that much of a terror. But why would you field it on defense? Rather use their high move speed and agi to make that TD.

The Firbolg and Satyrs will be the ones doing the bash action. The spriggans make really good foulers. Just one skill and you have DP. Easy to break armor because so much low armor in stunty so you dont need to gang foul. 80k fouler, I think it is worth it to foul.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thought about it, here's my suggestion:

0-2 Firbolg 4/6/1/9 Loner, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow S (GAP) 120K
0-2 Satyrs 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns S (GAP) 80K.
0-2 Sprites 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Stunty, Titchy, A (GSP) 60K.
0-2 Spriggans 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Sneaky Git G (ASP) 60K.
0-16 Nypmhs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Stunty A (GSP) 30K.

Although I'm not sure it really offers anything new and interesting to stunty (aside from 2 easy DP Sneaky Git foulers)
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@ CnB: You'd take away the LOL factor of Satyrs humping Nymphs on the pitch? I'm sure that would be a major attraction and draw fans and revenue to Stunty matches like never before!

I suppose you suggested Firbolgs because the Dryads are just too good yes? I was afraid of that, but put the most fluffy interpretation of them first. I actually prefer the Dryads as they offer something different, but I figured they'd be the first thing people took exception to so thats why I added the Firbolg. Your rendition of them looks fine to me. The Satyrs...not as keen on that.

@ Ehlers: Yes, the Spriggans are going to make good foulers, but they're no better than Cheater kickers at 6spps (well, actually being 6136 they're substantially worse). And yes, the Firbolg and Satyrs would be the bashers...every teams got 'em. The Firbolg aren't really going to be any better at it than any other big guy (3d blocks with no G skills) and worse than others (Frenzy minos and tent Beasts). The Satyrs have no S or G access, so they're bashiness is quite limited other than 2d blocks (or 3d blitzes with assists).

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
@ CnB: You'd take away the LOL factor of Satyrs humping Nymphs on the pitch? I'm sure that would be a major attraction and draw fans and revenue to Stunty matches like never before!
umm yeah, I don't think rape really belongs on the bb pitch.

Sigmar1 wrote:
I suppose you suggested Firbolgs because the Dryads are just too good yes? I was afraid of that, but put the most fluffy interpretation of them first. I actually prefer the Dryads as they offer something different, but I figured they'd be the first thing people took exception to so thats why I added the Firbolg. Your rendition of them looks fine to me.
Just really didn't care for the DT fluff and liked the lumbering giants better.

Sigmar1 wrote:
The Satyrs...not as keen on that.
St 2 with Horns is good enough, St 3 is a bit too much.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
@ Ehlers: Yes, the Spriggans are going to make good foulers, but they're no better than Cheater kickers at 6spps (well, actually being 6136 they're substantially worse).

You need to see the team as a whole. You have
good big guys, good ball handlers and then also good foulers. They have str1, so DP is way better than Block on these small guys. And the cheaters will get into trouble as soon as secret weapon is introduce because most of their players have secret weapons. And they lack big guys. This team does not.

Sigmar1 wrote:
And yes, the Firbolg and Satyrs would be the bashers...every teams got 'em. The Firbolg aren't really going to be any better at it than any other big guy (3d blocks with no G skills) and worse than others (Frenzy minos and tent Beasts).

Str 6 matters a lot compared to str 5. It will be very hard for some teams to be able to take them down. With Break Tackle they will be able to break cages and be very mobile. Oh and yes Beast might be better, but your Firbolg will be able to tire up the beast due to they will have a hard time blocking back, need at least 2assist to get a 2d.

Sigmar1 wrote:
The Satyrs have no S or G access, so they're bashiness is quite limited other than 2d blocks (or 3d blitzes with assists).

Not in the long run at all. They just need block and they are good to go to bash around. Also give them dodge, and you have a very good ball carrier.

Looking at your sprites again. No other team has a agi4 and lots of movement player without having either no hands or no big guys.

Craftnburn made a good suggestion to the roster. I suggest you change it to that or rework your roster.
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you getting all your ideas from kingdoms of amalur? (or what it's called)
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
umm yeah, I don't think rape really belongs on the bb pitch.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=565691
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2012 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

@On1: Never heard of kingdoms of amalur (or whatever its called). My ideas are all my own. Well, all of the player types come from various sources (googled 'fey creatures' and found a lot of reference material), but combining these specific creatures/fluff into a team was my idea.

@CnB: I don't want to get into the whole 'rape' thing. Fables about amorous Satyrs are common enough that I've run across them more than once. Besides, its just a silly addition to the team/ game. And the Nypmhs DO like it (cause I said so). Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with 'real world' rape. I've got a daughter and don't take 'real world' rape lightly, but the idea of a Satyr ignoring what he should be doing in order to go mount a Nypmh in the middle of a bloodbowl game is hilarious. Don't be so serious!

@Ehlers: The Firbolg do have an adv. over other bigs, but are virtually the same vs. stunties. Given that most of the rest of the team is ST1, that doesn't seem too excessive. Given that most players are low AV, ALL foulers are good foulers, the Spriggans are just better at not getting caught. Yes, G access means they can get DP which turns them into excellent foulers, but we've all seen that excessive fouling is a spotty tactic at best now. Your concern about the Satyrs is valid I suppose. I wouldn't characterize a player with bonehead and bloodlust a 'good ball handler', but my first draft of the team I had included Loner as well. Perhaps add that back? Make them 0-1? Seems that making them ST2 as suggested by CnB makes them no different than any mutator with 6 spps.

Assuming we stay with the Dryad version, what about about switching the Dryads to ST3 (and maybe AV8) and leaving the Satyrs unchanged? The team would then have (4) ST3 (two with negatraits) and the rest ST1. At the very least it would feel very different to Fairies.