37 coaches online • Server time: 10:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Satyr Jumps Nymph...
Hilarious, and no big deal!
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
OMG! OMG! OMG! Rape!!! Oh noes! Won't someone think of the children!
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

what comes first?
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh heh so Firbolg is amazing but you can only use him on average about 70% of the time? 40% without a friend as well - I quite like this.

The roster does look a but underpowered, lots of S1 av6 and only one very unreliable big guy and a slightly annoying dryad to really compensate.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 15:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think he really needs Bone Head as well really, Stupid alone will be enough.

In general I quite like it. I'm not really a fan of lots of 0-1 positionals but not sure which I'd drop/increase. Maybe give the Satyrs the G access (as they're bone headed) and make them 0-2 and drop the Spriggans.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the giant needs both nega-traits or else he's simply too strong.

Addressing the teams power level and positionals...

What about?:

0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/8/1/10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Stand Firm, Thick Skull S (GAP) 160K
0-1 Dryad 5/3/2/8 Dauntless, Side Step, Thick Skull A (GSP) 90K
0-1 Satyr 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick skull, Horns GS (AP) 90K
0-2 Sprite 7/1/4/5 Animosity, Dodge, Side Step, Stunty, Titchy, A (GSP) 70K
0-16 Nymphs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Side Step, Stunty A (GSP) 40K

The Dryad now has Dauntless (a la Willow Rosebark).

The Satyr is now G Access + Dauntless + Frenzy which makes him a strong blitzer, but still dependent on good positioning to be successful (playing off the abundant SS)

Sprites are now 0-2 + SS but the naughty little things don't like sharing their goodies (Animosity).

Spriggan's are gone Sad

I considered adding Hypnotic Gaze to the Nymphs (to represent their dark beauty) but I didn't know if that would too much intrude on the Albion roster. (but SS+Hypno lineman would make for a hella interesting positional game!)
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI its Spite (there is no R)

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
FYI its Spite (there is no R)
Sigh.. must we? Wink (although IF we decide to go that route.. Animosity makes even more sense! Wink )

Also if the team needs a further boost:

0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/8/1/10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Multiple Block, Really Stupid, Stand Firm, Thick Skull S (GAP) 160K

(They're so enormous they can squash more than one player at a time.)

or

0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/8/1/10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Really Stupid, Stand Firm, Thick Skull S (GAP) 160K

(Since in Warhammer Falling giants even had their own template!)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Very true, and there is a fluff piece of a halfling star being 'splatted' by a Storm giant.

I wonder if there is room for giants outside of stars? An ST8 icon though would give whatball kittens!!

I also think we're probably ,done with ag4s at the moment. We need a new niche! Remember ag4 is extremely powerful off the bat. If you keep him errr her covered, you're not going to fail many offensive drives at low TV.

The 2 ag 4 teams we have are compromised. 1 is a 1 man team; the other sacrificed G access for ag4.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 19:29
FUMBBL Staff

My only real problem with the giant is that bone head and really stupid are the same thing so fluff wise it doesn't make much sense. This player is a bit stupid and also very stupid...?

Besides, if the rest of the team is balanced I think the giant will be Ok with just stupidity. The saytrs won't be able to help him anyway

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse: The Icon (as has already been discussed) would be AWESOME! Just feet and knees! Laughing This team isn't compromised? St 1 AV6 Lino's?

mister__joshua: Would it make you feel better if you read it as "Really Really Stupid"? Wink (And the Satyr could help..)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm no, I don't think that would work icon wise. I actually think that ST1 icons struggle for character. However in all likeliness the Athelorn Spite (or whatever this theme would be called) roster would have ST1s, sadly.

I like the really 'really' stupid fluff, that's a golden nugget.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 20:11
FUMBBL Staff

Haha. I suppose really really stupid works Very Happy

I thought bone heads couldn't help stupid players?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Hmmmm no, I don't think that would work icon wise.
I'm not sure why not... I'm not an icon artist, but I suspect it wouldn't be that hard...
harvestmouse wrote:
I actually think that ST1 icons struggle for character.
In this case the Nymphs are "regular" stunty size (Jumbo Shrimp!Wink), just very slight of build. (Another reason to love this roster... Mini-Zons! Wink)

Josh: Really Stupids can't help other Really Stupids.. anything else works...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball is very particular with icons, without wishing to tread on his toes (which I maybe doing a lot of in these threads) I'm pretty sure he won't go for that.

He's gone out of his way to make the icons site wide regimental (size=strength) from ST1 to ST7. Oversized ST1 (I see the logic here) he wouldn't go for, this isn't to say the roster wouldn't be done because of this though, or that they wouldn't be ST1.

The feet and knees for the size......I think the idea's a bit naf tbh, punters enjoy well designed icons.

Although I think the theme is a goer, it's problematic. One thing we concentrated on, was making Albion Fae more distinct. Giving it a clear theme, with clear grounding. Where as with the old Fairy roster, it was just more 'foresty'. One of the reasons was to potentially open the way for a possible Athel Loren (or Athelorn for BB) roster. Aka why the trees were removed from fairies and replaced by Fen Beasts.

So 2 points. 1 the rosters have to be 'fairly different'. Fae in the name I would think is a no no. Each player position would also have to be different. This roster, should also have a very good grounding in Wood Elf law.

The other point is that designing this roster, would probably mean (and should mean) tweaking the Albion Fae roster too. To make them as different as possible. It would also mean new icons for the Albion Fae roster as well. I think most of us are agreed that both rosters need to be dark and a little bit more sinister.

So rosterwise, my bet is that it wouldn't be a regular job. It'd impact the Albion Fae too. So a lot of work, and going back over the design, which isn't a bad thing, there were a lot of good ideas.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're making quite a few assumptions that I don't necessarily think need to be made.

But, I think we should probably focus on designing the roster, before resorting to assumptions on what Whatball will or won't allow. If he weighs in and changes our direction then that's a different matter entirely.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think you're right, I am making assumptions too. In my position though, it's difficult not to.

However my point is (if my assumptions are right) that this roster cannot be designed in a regular way. It seems impossible to me, to design one without taking the other (Albion) into account. If you did, your erasing the identity, which we tried hard to give it. Taking backward steps. So before designing, I think it would need to be agreed that 'this is' the chosen roster. So this should be an 'idea' rather than a designed roster. Then with a clear objective, they could be worked on.

It really does need to be designed in conjunction with the Albion Fae roster, in my mind I'm quite sure about that, and needs the groundwork already done on that (Albion) roster.

That's my point I guess......this roster just can't be done like this. However as you said, I'm making assumptions, and I did try to make it clear this was my opinion rather than fact. I've also tried not to be overly negative. There are some nice ideas here.
 Jump to: