62 coaches online • Server time: 21:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Satyr Jumps Nymph...
Hilarious, and no big deal!
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
OMG! OMG! OMG! Rape!!! Oh noes! Won't someone think of the children!
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Also it's Spites in WFB not Sprites. I know... pretty lame but thats just how GW do their ting. Like their Syreens instread of Sirens etc....

Player names are based on 'traditional' fairy archtypes, not GW bastardized versions.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What about 0-1 for both the Dryads and the Giants?

Overall, I think that the team loos like a pretty good one.

And I think that the fluff takes care of it not being rape. Who is to say that the Nymphs are not as randy as the Satyrs? And if that doesn't work, keep the stats the same and change Nymph to Faun, which, while less known are historical/mythological fae creatures usually depicted as majority-female, who were definitely considered as randy as Satyrs.

I think the "bloodlust/thrall" set is a good balancer.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
oh another thing. ag4 and titchy on the same player is overkill imo.

AG4 Stunty removes any benefit from titchy (2+ dodge with or without titchy). For this player, titchy is strictly a NEGATIVE skill. Combined with AV5, titchy is meant to balance the MV7AG4. Sprites aren't just small, they're TINY.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2013 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Piling Tackle!!!!

Piling Tackle: You ca use this skill after an opposing player leaves your tacklezone and falls to ground via failed dodge or gfi. Piling tackle can be used to reroll armory or injury roll of falling player. Place player using Piling Tackle in the square vacated by falling player prone.

Wonderful. We can add that to agility or strenght skills, right? Razz
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2014 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

RE poll: I thought we weren't allowed to use the word rape on fumbbl? We can't use it on #fumbbl right?

Motskari wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Piling Tackle!!!!

Piling Tackle: You ca use this skill after an opposing player leaves your tacklezone and falls to ground via failed dodge or gfi. Piling tackle can be used to reroll armory or injury roll of falling player. Place player using Piling Tackle in the square vacated by falling player prone.

Wonderful. We can add that to agility or strenght skills, right? Razz

Lame, because it doesn't stack with diving tackle. Hrmm, how about 'if the player using piling tackle is prone when piling tackle is used (because of using diving tackle), he is stunned instead of prone after use.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2014 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
AG4 Stunty removes any benefit from titchy (2+ dodge with or without titchy). For this player, titchy is strictly a NEGATIVE skill.
This isn't quite true is it? Doesn't Titchy still help vs skills like Prehensile Tail and Diving Tackle?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2014 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you're absolutely right CnB...hadn't thought about those two skills. So, in so far as dodging goes, a rookie Sprite is essentially AG5, and dodges 2+ away from Prehensile Tail, and 3+ away from a Diving Tackler.

That's pretty awesome but does it cross the line for an 0-2 ST1 AV5 positional? It sure as hell fits the fluff for Sprites being nearly impossible to catch. IDK if it'd be OP or not honestly but on first glance it doesn't seem so to me. With leap you can escape DT on a 3+ as well.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2014 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, not feeling this team idea.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2014 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

What would really be cool is to have a sort of Reverse Really Stupid for the Satyrs...
When adjacent to a Nymph: 1-5 Distracted by Nymph, 6 Move normally;
Otherwise 1-3 Looking for Nymph, 4-6 Move normally. Wink

p.s the Giant is still damn cool and should be reconsidered now that we have a new stunty Admin! Wink

Last edited by Craftnburn on Jan 15, 2014 - 00:15; edited 1 time in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I was totally on board the ST8 giant idea. Icon would just be a set of knees and feet, maybe with some knuckles dragging on the ground as well Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Changed the team name/ background to appease the fluff nazis.

And to bump the thread ofc ;D

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I totally forgot about the Woodland Spirit roster......

If the 'faeries' roster was to come in/back, I'm 100% certain in my mind, it would be very woody. e.g Treemen.

To do this roster, it needs a big look at the background of the Wood Elves. I think at least reading the latest book is a must.

Right now this is a bit too much like the Albion Fae roster. Making the faeries less 'generic' i.e. came from a definitive place with definitive characters from that place, did leave the door open to the possibility of this roster in the future.

The main thing about this concept, is that it is very different to the Albion roster. This means that doing this, would likely result in changes to Albion Fae too (to make them as different and clear (theme wise) as possible. Unfortunately, your roster is putting things in reverse I.e. making the 2 ideas vaguely similar again.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this version is pretty different than the Albion roster while still retaining a similar (fae) feel:

0-1 Firbolg Giant 4/8/1/10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Stand Firm, Thick Skull S (GAP) 160K
0-1 Dryad 5/3/2/8 Side Step, Thick Skull A (GSP) 90K
0-1 Satyr 6/2/3/7 Bonehead, Thick skull, Horns S (GAP) 80K
0-1 Spriggan 6/2/3/6 Dodge, Dauntless, Foul Appearance, Stunty GA (SP) 80K
0-1 Sprite 7/1/4/5 Dodge, Stunty, Titchy, GA (SP) 70K
0-16 Nymphs 6/1/3/6 Dodge, Side Step, Stunty A (GSP) 40K

The Giant is just a super cool idea. The Satyr/Dryad dynamic is interesting. The Spriggan as miniature bully position and the Sprite as a sort of "walking" Pixie. The Nymphs starting with SS make the team positionally interesting to play and develop. Although I feel the roster is a bit underpowered atm (due to overreaction to the Giant) and would need some adjustment.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

bone-head AND really stupid?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2015 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
bone-head AND really stupid?
Yup! Smile
 Jump to: