43 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you activate stategically to avoid match ups?
I always try to avoid certain coaches
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
I sometimes try to avoid certain coaches
11%
 11%  [ 16 ]
I always try to avoid certain teams
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
I sometimes try to avoid certain teams
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
I never try to avoid any games in the Box
43%
 43%  [ 59 ]
I don't play the box and therefore always avoid all games that look a bit iffy
9%
 9%  [ 13 ]
I avoid fish and pies
12%
 12%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 135

onthejazz

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

blader4411 wrote:
It's against site rules to play more than 1 game at once unless you inform and get consent from all the opponents. If your opponent does this without asking you first, report him to the Admins.

Oh, how about that. There is a rule covering that. Great. The first time I noticed it I somehow didn't manage to find the rule and had since just assumed it wasn't explicitly covered in the rules when someone did it. Thanks for the tip.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, I never knew that PeteW played in B Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
dzigany

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I knew how to avoid to almost ONLY have to play against bashy teams... It's getting really tiresome. Playing against coaches that stall and turn the games into blockfests isn't really my idea of fun. I wish they could just go and play WFB someplace with the rest of the teenagers...
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's called [R]anked division just pick agility opponents to your heart's content.

Although there is a lot of stalling on fumbbl also from agility coaches. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Verbalcody

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

nope. if i get a min/max im ok with it... if i get a 4 minute player i want to kill myself
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, switch to [R]. Especially with the new gamefinder, which makes getting a game even easier. No need to use IRC or send PMs, none of that trivial amount of social interaction, the avoidance of which is what I presume has made [B] so popular. Just activate on the lfg2 & pick away. Also; WFB, really? 40k's much more likely...

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

dzigany wrote:
Playing against coaches that stall and turn the games into blockfests isn't really my idea of fun.

If you can't stand stalling, you're really in the wrong division. In fact, [L] might be the best place for you.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

dzigany wrote:
I wish I knew how to avoid to almost ONLY have to play against bashy teams... It's getting really tiresome. Playing against coaches that stall and turn the games into blockfests isn't really my idea of fun. I wish they could just go and play WFB someplace with the rest of the teenagers...

Click help, click blackbox and read from the top:

'Blackbox Division
Summary

A new division of random fair matches where you play what you get. It is a highly competitive division that is not for the faint of heart.'

Simple; if you don't like it, don't play in that division.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
dzigany wrote:
Playing against coaches that stall and turn the games into blockfests isn't really my idea of fun.

If you can't stand stalling, you're really in the wrong division. In fact, [L] might be the best place for you.

Oi!!! [L] is competitive (although I take the point).

I feel insulted if someone doesn't stall on me... What's the point in not playing properly?! Wink
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 08:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

dzigany wrote:

The game revolves around the push and pull of stall and counter-stall. Positional skill can make a big difference in whether the opponent has 3 turns to score or just 1, these things matter a great deal. If you don't want a blockfest, then please, steal the ball and run away with it. Otherwise, the game is lost...
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2012 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

dzigany wrote:

Come and play in the 145 Open League or Rookie League.

Though of course people may stall there are plenty of non bashers.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3180

Jump to: