17 coaches online • Server time: 07:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just win baby. Big numbers bigger. Other players are just really great A.I.

Here’s what it would take for me to enjoy the idea of extreme min/maxing in Blackbox.

I have changed the Java client’s look and feel entirely by using a substitution overlay program. The grass pitch has been replaced by a flat black board, sprinkled with tiny stars and galaxies. Outer space. Every player icon has been substituted with a small unique spaceship icon, having identical stats to the player. Each race and position name shows different in the information window. The Chaos Dwarf team now reads “WAY QUADRANT CRUSTATIONS” for its race, and the blocker position icons are now “Battalion Class Cruisers.” Fluff-wise, ST is now attack power, AV is now shield strength, and by activating in Blackbox, you are engaging in small inter-stellar skirmishes against an alien race with a similar production value, but wildly different space-ship abilities. Some games offered might be near impossible to win, but life is tough in this section of the galaxy. Some games will be easy if you have a very advanced ship at your disposal. To get one you need to put in several hours of gaming. The ultimate goal of the exploration of the galaxy is the mining and collection of a precious mineral, Crystal Redemption, or CR for short. Becoming the most powerful force in the galaxy is the goal, and it means having the highest CR hoard. Sound fun?

May the force be with you.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Weirdo.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 on the weirdo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we change the icons? I really want to have Ponies for my players.
Bobs

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Crystal-Meth redemption maybe ??

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

An excuse to mine coach rating.. for those non-english speakers.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
An excuse to mine coach rating.. for those non-english speakers.

So... Hardcore min-maxing is your excuse for having a relatively high CR? Gotcha...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Crikey, Charlie.

The new Painstate?! Smile
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

blader.. almost. Accumulation of CR would be the one and only goal. Sending the best spaceship with the best weapons to win the easiest CR resources available in any given sector of the FUMBBL galaxy would be perhaps the best way of doing it. Of winning the war. Again, still hashing out the details.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

To summarize: minmaxing would only be good if the ultimate goal of FUMBBL would be CR.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In that case Murker, I'm a bit ahead of you Razz
A combination of Cherrypicking and Min-Maxing has brought me (as of this moment's writing) to #5 on the FUMBBL chart. I'm still chasing after a few others (e.g. Pigstar and Vindaloo).
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Less drugs.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I dig it
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit ahea..*`~? A bit ahead of me? You've been running a noob killer vulture squad in box for over 120 games. I don't even have one yet. You think you might be a bit ahead of me? But thanks for pointing that out. It's what the goal would be if we all played with space ships, and this was just another science fiction, internet based strategy game, where the more time put in (and usually money spent) meant the more nameless, faceless opponents asses you were able to kick. Let me at least get one clawpomb player started before you declare yourself 5th largest Crystal Redemption hoarder of the galaxy. In the mean time, chage your team logo to this, and make all of your player portraits spaceships, then I'll be impressed.

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2012 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, yea, let’s keep this going. So, I’m thinking new league type deal. One that might make the Danger Zone look like a tickle fight. Above is the custom logo-field for all participants to use until I can get my graphical overlay program to the masses. So to get our heads wrapped around the space ship theme, and to understand how it won’t be anything personal, or even a sports event, just a vicious struggle for survival, where the biggest guns likely win, here goes..
Block = Combat Commander on-board ship
Dodge = Tactical Manoeuvring Suite
Wrestle = Mutual Power Syphon Beam
Re-Roll = Gravitational Time Retraction Charge
Tackle = Tractor Beam
Ball = V.I.P. Space Craft carrying advanced alien weaponized virus to get behind enemy lines.
Leap = Small Distance Warp Jump
Strength = Weapon Value
Armour = Shields
Team Value = Squadron's Transport Evaluation Cost
Coach Rating = Crystal Redemption. The galaxy’s vital currency.
Claw = Penetrating Turbo Laser
Piling On = 200 Mega-Ton Front Mounted Adamantium Battering Ram

Rules and background story 80% written…
 Jump to: