84 coaches online • Server time: 22:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, hi! (I'm new here)

I made a Halfling team today and have some trouble getting a match with them. I understand that you don't always get a matchup assigned, especially if there aren't too many players on at that time. I also remember reading that there was some limit on the TV difference, although I can't find it back. (IIRC, around 370 TV or something?)

I started with a TV690 roster, perhaps I'm over that number, or am I just having a bit of bad luck with the draws?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi and welcome to the site. Smile

life is tough for halflings.

I can see that you made the typical league roster for halfings so you can max out on inducements, however this will not work in the open divisions like ranked and blackbox.

This is because n those divisions you are matched up using your TV and if there are no teams within 15% of your teams Tv you will not get a game. Sadly this means flings have to have a roster above 900 Tv to get a game.
Korenn

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As I understood it, when playing against bigger TV, the limit is dynamic and partially based on the number of matches you've played.

In other words, the limit might be lower than 310 for a rookie team?
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh alright, thanks for the quick reply!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In Ranked, the limit starts at 10% for the first 2 games. So to play against TV1000, you need to have TV910, (900 + 10% only gets you up to 990). If you're lower than that, you need to find another team lower than 1000. That limit does increase after you've played 2 games though. Less sure about limits in [B], but isn't there also a racial modifier that affects it?

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I don't like sounding like Evo.... why do we still have this stupid rule again?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
uuni

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the times I also activate my Bargain Prices (Amazon, 650k). If there are other teams in range, it is possible that the bot pairs us.

Low TV games are fun but rare. I hope more people will make low TV teams and include them generally when activating, so low TV games will increase.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
As much as I don't like sounding like Evo.... why do we still have this stupid rule again?

It’s not stupid.

I know we have a new member who has started this thread (hello and welcome! Very Happy), and he has taken his TT league rationale onto FUMBBL, not in the least bit surprisingly or incorrectly, on the face of it.

But, but, but. It’s an internet system. There are excellent general reasons for such restrictions being in place (insert usual ‘no, throwing TV away for matchmaking purposes is not a brilliant idea’ / ‘free matchmaking for all!’ argument we’re all bored of), but on-top of those, I for one have got no wish to return to LRB4 Stunties in open divisions.

Halfling / Goblin teams that rack up 300k + of Inducements game on game with bags of skills whooping rookies is (in my view at least) no different to the bad old days of 5 DP stunties with legend big guys racking up 50 / 5 / 5 records in the hands of a savvy coach. It’s a sad state of affairs, and not one to return to.

If you want to run 700k Stunties, bang them into a league.

Welcome to the site, ignore these old dudes talking nonsense, and enjoy!
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

old? Sillysod's only 12! Also, isn't it the case that the % works from the higher tv team not the lower?
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You could join the 145 rookie league and use low tv flings quite happily.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Not in [R], it isn't based on one team or the other, both have their own limit (up until 30 games played), and the matchup has to satisfy both. So I'd guess not in [B] either..?

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 20:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

OR we could all build 700k teams in ranked and play each other!!! chances are we'll be able to find more matches after.... 20 games
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 20:25
FUMBBL Staff

apply to a BBB, as they fill from the lowest upwards you are pretty much guaranteed to be drawn in and have a game.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2012 - 21:45
FUMBBL Staff

thats for the box though. what about ranked?
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
thats for the box though. what about ranked?

RRR and SMACKS?

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: