32 coaches online • Server time: 00:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elenoico

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all
My brother and I have just created new teams, but there's no way to play against each other or other players. What are we doing wrong?
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, welcome to the site.

Not giving much to go on, are you able to spectate any games in progress? Click the "GAME" tab at the top of the page and click a game in progress. That'll let you know if it's a problem with java.

Step 4 on here should help you too: https://fumbbl.com/help:CRP

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So you would normally go on gamefinder but the team's need to be within 10% of each other's TV inside the first (I think it is) 10 games. Your team has a TV of 990 and his is 800, so they don't fit.

Welcome to the site and hope it goes well. If you are looking to play your brother regularly it may be better to use the league teams you have made to avoid any of the problems of playing the same person repeatedly in ranked or black box.
elenoico

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

How can we change the TV?
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to buy a more expensive team on setup. Yours is good. His could have got there by spending some more. He didn't buy any rerolls. If he had bought 3, for example, it would be enough. It is probably easiest for him to delete his team and make a new one. But if he's really keen on it, an admin may be able to help.
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to do that in the team creation process. Probably best if one of you makes a new team and matches your brother's TV

As Harad said, there are site rules about playing the same opponent in box or ranked more than once every 10 games. League is fine to do whatever you wish though

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hi elenoico

Hope you have fun on the site! Just to note it's against the rules for family members/friends etc to play each other in the Ranked division. You can create teams in the League division and play against each other as much as you like. Smile

After this match, please don't play each other again in Ranked.

Other than that, have fun! Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

jd I think that used to be a rule but has been replaced by more common sense which is just don't try and get games in a way that abuses the system. If you can only get games against a great coaches' killer team then play them five times in a row. If you keep picking one person's fling only team to prepare your team for a tournament then that might not be cool.
I could be wrong with this, but I don't think there is a hard rule about the frequency of repeats.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 19:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Harad,

You are correct that there is not a hard limit on frequency of matches against a particular coach in Ranked. However, we very strongly advise coaches to not play against friends and family members in the Ranked division. It difficult for such games to comply with the expected rate of not more than 1 match in 10 against any particular coach. Worse, such games may look like collusion or cheating to a Security Officer, who then sees that the coaches are from the same IP address and promptly bans them. Therefore, we tell coaches to play against friends and family in the League division, where there are no such restrictions.
 Jump to: