44 coaches online • Server time: 15:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry all, but it seems like disaster has struck in match #6! Sad
KatanaDash

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So I managed to spectate my first Doctrine game today. I think it must have been bad luck as things went so badly!

Should we make a list of 'marked for vengeance' teams that mop the floor with us? Could be some more fun fluff.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

KatanaDash wrote:
So I managed to spectate my first Doctrine game today. I think it must have been bad luck as things went so badly!

Should we make a list of 'marked for vengeance' teams that mop the floor with us? Could be some more fun fluff.

Aye, I do think I'll be marking events like this as deserving of retribution...
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2012 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch! Mad

Are you sure about retiring Kelka, she is after all closer to Blodge than a rookie elf, of course she will be sitting the next one out and in that time an optimistic elf could gain 6spp...

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2012 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Alexander "The Boot" Mc FoulingRobot

Alexander was a proud Beastmen, and never one to deny a downed enemy the not so gentle caress of his boot. However, things went south for him when the Lizards of the Southland Syndicate, while Alexander was performing his ritualistic prefoul appeasement dance to Khorne and Nuffle, cleverly replaced a downed Skink with a big barrel of concrete.
Stuck in the cement, he was blocked into a trampoline which fired him off to the sea. As he was counting his last seconds, he boot first collided with a dragon (killing it), then fell down on a high elf ship killing the captain and sinking the ship, and underwater, ultimativly proceeded to Kill a powerfull Triton prince by falling down on him boots first too.
For his skills in creativly falling boot first on enemies, Nuffle and Khorne agreed to grant him the ability to breathe under water.
After a long walk (try navigating 10.000 miles under the sea with boots of solid concrete), he finally remerged, wishing to apply the boot to his Lizard tormentors, his coaches, and anyone else who lies on the pit for whatever reason.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2012 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Ouch! Mad

Are you sure about retiring Kelka, she is after all closer to Blodge than a rookie elf, of course she will be sitting the next one out and in that time an optimistic elf could gain 6spp...

We don't tolerate permanent injuries. Except possibly a -MA or -AG on a brutal skilled out killer, for example, but in nearly all other cases, management doesn't allow it.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2012 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

MATCH PREVIEW

We are officially inching closer to our first match against a Famous Team, being the infamous Low Few. There might be one or two games in between, but coach Skolopender has said he should be available 'most evenings', which means we should be facing them very soon.

MATCH 7: <vs> Low Few!

The Low Few have played a massive 272 games. They might have lost a large portion of that, but for a team that does not retire its players unless they leave in a coffin, and for a team that is also a Goblin team, that is not too weird. However, the Low Few are actually in good shape these days. They are located at a nicely low TV, and are relatively uninjured. In addition, if anyone is experienced with playing Goblins, it should be coach Skolopender...

+ We most likely outman the Low Few by 1 or 2, and should be able to capitalise on this, since they are goblins...
+ We have an element of agility they do not have.
+ We are a non-stunty team, and should be able to win the blocking war.
+ They've got a secret weapon that might be sent off early / without having been very dangerous.

- They have a radically good Troll with Block and Piling On.
- They are stunties, and might be hard to pin down.
- They've got a chainsaw.

Honestly, the Troll is the biggest danger that we will be facing here. It has the potential to do a lot of damage. Take out the goblins, score fast or hit the chainsaw early, and avoid the troll, and we should be okay. Still, we are facing goblins, and we should expect the unexpected...

However, this match is not about winning or losing for us. It is a match against a really famous team, and while I care about the victory, it is the experience itself which I look forward to. I consider it an honour to be allowed to walk on the pitch against the Low Few!

NEW TEAM CAPTAIN / THREE NEW RECRUITS

After the disaster against Apocalipsis Zombi, management has been forced to make some changes to the team make-up. Kakihara, 'Papa' Lazarou and team captain Kelka Nightshade have been retired. According to the coach the management has never been high on Kelka Nightshade anyway: "She was always such a negative presence. We need someone with a little bit of a brighter touch..."

We welcome:
Skygge, Stalker of the Living
Dr. Evil

and NEW team captain:

Tiallin Turncloak
!
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Match #7. We showed a fresh, new coach the ways of FUMBBL.
huff

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad to have played my first match on here vs. you. Proly no better team to lose to.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Match #8: The Low Few fall apart very early in the match.

By the way, we could use new future players, since the waiting list is all empty now!

Last edited by Calthor on %b %12, %2012 - %08:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Author: Relssum

It was a bright, shining day for Pandemonium Doctrine training routine. Not particularly the kind of day that the former underworld king liked, but definitely appropriate considering the circumstances. The team was in high spirits, being just fresh off a win under their new team captain, Tiallin Turncloak. Though initially dubious of the prancing elf, he had easily won favor with the team when he strangled that street urchin to death. Served the little bugger right for sneaking around, trying to get an autograph.

Off to the side, the team's apothecary, Dr. Heinrich, appeared. His eyes turned to the former king, he gave a slight smile and nod of the head. The unnamed fiend called a break, and headed to the sidelines.

"You'll be happy to know", spoke Dr. Heinrich, "that Ms. Nightshade has finally been picked up. They'll be taking her back home to Naggaroth to recover in the hospital, The Sisters of Sacrifice. I highly doubt she will though, that concussion was quite severe".

The former king chuckled at the memory of it. Kelka Nightshade, blood bowl player, corporate executive, and all-around bitch. After the head injury though, she was sweet as an elven maid. The last time he had seen her, she had been planting gentle kisses on a kitten she had named "Fluffy". Nobody had felt inclined to tell her that she had been keeping the little pest with the intent to torture it. "Doctor, that was certainly some of the best gold I ever spent", replied the fiend.

The doctor smiled again. "I'll be happy to take your gold whenever your inclined to give it. Would have been happy to finish the bitch off myself, but one can only manipulate events so much with the coach hovering nearby".

"On the contrary, doctor, you saved Kelka for a much more entertaining fate. You see, Dark elves have a celebration known as "Death Night". After the sun sets, witch elves prowl the streets, looking for victims to fuel their rituals. In response to this, the society set up their so-called hospitals for the weak and disabled. In actually, the place is nothing more than a sacrificial offer. Within the year, Kelka will be dragged to the Temple of Khaine, placed upon the alter, and then..." the fiend pantomimed a dagger going across his throat, finishing his explanation.

The doctor nodded his approval. "Well, I must be off. I don't want to linger long, lest I attract the attention of a former associate of mine", Heinrich gestures toward Dr. Evil, whom had been bothering the apothecary ever since being recruited. "I bid you good day, and may karma never find you".

The former king laughed at that last statement. When had karma ever bothered him?

....a few days later, the fiend was in the apothecary. He apparently had a bad encounter with a troll from the "Low Few".
Winterland

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Calthor! I want to be a godfather too! Smile You will get PM...

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Less "unlikely" version:

Alexander "The Boot" Mc FoulingRobot

Alexander was a proud Beastmen, and never one to deny a downed enemy the not so gentle caress of his boot. However, things went south for him when the Lizards of the Southland Syndicate, while Alexander was performing his ritualistic prefoul appeasement dance to Khorne and Nuffle, cleverly replaced a downed Skink with a big barrel of liquid concrete.
However, to their dismay, the Skink soon found out that Boots made of conrecete are a bit of a healthhazard on the hoofs of an opposing Dirty player, and Alexander McFoulingrobot gladly proceeded to foul a Skink every turn for the reminder of the game, and cited his inability to move much in his "new boots" as a reason why he couldnt be send off pitch.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm. This one didn't happen. Really, it didn't. (Match #9)
Saikyo

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2012 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The pass into the square next to the thrower was spectacular! Wink
 Jump to: