48 coaches online • Server time: 14:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the LC **

Well FUMBBL fans I have arrived in Lustrian a few weeks in front of the Qualifiers. I allways take this time to relax on the grand beaches of Lustria. Hang out at a 5 star resort. Just relax and take in the perfect weather of Lustria in August.

Now there is some confusion going on right now. Lustrian Challenge has allways started in August, except for last year due to a delayed start to the Majors circuit. The Tournament page still says the tourney starts in September on the page. So we need PC to chim in and tell us if we are back on the old schedule of qualifier in August or are we going to hold off and start in Sept.

Lustrian Challenge is the 4th round of the Major's for Ranked and offers up another unique Main Draw format. The main draw is a Round Robin King of the Hill tournament, not single elimination. So if you win a bracket you are guaranteed of playing 3 more games in the "draw". The top two teams from the two brackets make the final 4 of the LC and back to single elimination.

The two big story lines going into the LC for qualifier.

Will the defending champions the Colorful Characters be back to defend the title? Also the local press just bashed the Colorful ones after they won the tournament. It turns out the Colorful ones were bashing the Temple Guard Champion as a TV bloat, over hyped loser. Only fit to play on snotling and fling teams. Well after they promptly got the TV anchor killed off and had a party it seems the locals were not so happy. In fact they took offense at the Colorful ones disdain of Lustria's most prized Blood Bowl gift.

I have a feeling if they do come back that the majority of fans in attendance will be rooting for the "other" guys instead of the Colorful ones.

The other big story is will the Tiny Steel Hammers actually get on a ship and come over to the Lustria. They have history on the line so I dont think they will miss out. No team has ever won 3 times in one year in the Ranked Majors. One team has won back to back and that is the record. So the Hammers are going for tieing the record of back to back majors but breaking the record for most titles in one year. Also coach Azure would become the most wins in Majors on FUMBBL.

A lot on the line in respect to record books for the Hammers. I fully expect them to be in attendance and ready to rumble in the jungle.

Lustrian Challenge is over the horizon coaches. Start getting your teams in shape and get ready for the 4th Ranked major of the year.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tiny Steel Hammers are still discussing contract details with their newest member: Smoked Woodstock (a skink that defected from Lords of Dogtown). Once the contract is finished up and the press finishes with the interviews - we will be setting sail!
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

A skink? Woodstock?? Clearly licking the adminĀ“s boots here! You surprise me. On the other hand, you do that pretty often on the pitch as well ;-D
Grats on the win, well deserved.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you.

And it is more rubbing in his defeat - not licking his boots Razz
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, fair enough. Didnt unfortunately watch the game, I could had figured that one out rather easily. ;-D
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords Back page Editorial **

So the Hammers are going to rub salt into those lizardmens skin and draft their top Skink prospect? Sounds like a sound plan to me. Blood Bowl is a game that brings out the grudge in all of us. BUT I must point out from the perspective of on the field perfomance this is a bad choice. Iam all for the rubbing of salt but there is a guy coming out of the CRUSH, Robert 'red' Woods. This guy is a stout 6'5 Human catcher with all the "goods".

I think the Hammers need to pull back at the last minute and give this guy a look. He has the same stat line as the Skink. But he does not have stunty and is way more versatile for the Hammers offense and defense plans. If they insist on going down the speed route with AG access they need to really take one last look at the CRUSH draft list. Woods has everything they need minus stunty and the Bonus is that they honor the pact between man and dwarf since the founding of the Empire.

A skink on a Dwarf team? Should just carry him around in a cage as a side show to earn some extra GC and not even field the dude.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2012 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it seems that the Black Cup over in the Box is getting primed to start up. I wonder if that means the Lustrian will start up right afterwards. Thus the coaches in the Box and Ranked will have their tournies finished at about the same time. Getting set for the epic show down in the FUMBLL CUP !!!!!!!!!!!!

PurpleChest? is that how it is going "down" for the Majors?

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2012 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I tracked PC down at a high class gentleman's club last night and between lap dances got the information I needed.

The Lustrian Challenge will kick off qualifiers at the start of August. Probally one week after the kick off of the Black Cup.

So time is getting short to get your team up and running and primed.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2012 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent - plenty of time to skill up Smoked Woodstock - our new skink. Early reports are that he fits in well with the team. Picking up 6 TDs so far - including his first OTTD. His skills: Sprint and +AG also further expectations that he will be an important cog on the team moving forward. (If he does not die before the Lustrian starts!)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucker! Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2012 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on +AG! He's looking really scary (in terms of losing games against your team). Needs Side Step asap!

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2012 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I was at the HQ of the LC this morning and the press was issued this offical looking document.

"The FUMBBL Majors committee has put into place a new policy. All members of the press must comply.

All broadcasts of the Lustrian Challenge can only be rebroadcasted with the written consent of the FUMBBL Majors committe. No cabalvision broadcast, replay or match report may be altered, commented on or copied. NBC, CBS, ABC and every other agiatator with a computer must comply. Failure to comply will result in a 14 FT tall ogre with a huge battleaxe hunting you down to the ends of the Old World.

Pless make sure your viewers and readers are informed of the draconian measures in place for the LC.

Thanks....FUMBBL Majors committee."

if you cant take a joke, stop reading Milfords posts

Very Happy Shocked Cool Laughing Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2012 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Devils revised set sail to Lustria

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=557869

they are not in shape as in the UI but we hope our magic items will help a bit
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my battieries are recharged, got a nice sun tan. Now it is time to get back to bussiness and get set for the LC. I have been hanging out at the LC HQ and I have received a tip that the LC qualifier will open up on Wed. and the kick off will be the following week.

So it is time to make that final push on getting your team set.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2012 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Is Forever Is primed and ready to go
 Jump to: