43 coaches online • Server time: 12:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently, the rankings are listed by using CR first, then win rate is used as tiebreaker if 2 coaches have the same CR. I know that rankings get updated over time but this requires to do it manually and it's a hassle for Christer.
The idea is very simple: instead of using the win % as tiebreaker, the rankings should use the RD' score to list the coaches from top to bottom. That way there is no need to manually refresh the rankings (I could be wrong, but this is what I understood).

So, to summarize:

first, check CR;
if CR is the same, check RD': lower RD' is higher ranked;
if CR and RD' are the same (it should be very rare), check win %: the higher win rate is higher ranked;
if CR, RD', win rate % are the same (it should be even more rare), check the number of games played: the coach with higher number of games played is higher ranked.

That way the ranking page itself would automatically list the coaches by considering the RD' before the win %, no need to refresh the rankings manually.

Last edited by MattDakka on Apr 03, 2023 - 16:05; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Why does this need to change?
What's wrong with winrate for tiebreaker?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, found the answer. you want to swap from 3rd to 2nd
lol
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that currently the ranking page takes into account the win rate before the RD' and, since some coaches don't play many games, the decay must be applied manually to update the rankings.
If the page considered the RD' a higher priority factor than win rate there would be no need to manually make the ranking decay.
Win rate is fine as tiebreaker, but not before RD'. Otherwise, you could play 10 games, win most of them, stop playing and be forever top 1 or 2 for that race. With higher priority given to RD' you are forced to keep on playing if you want to stay on top.

Last edited by MattDakka on Apr 03, 2023 - 16:15; edited 6 times in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I want to give higher priority as tiebreaker factor to RD' (immediately followed by win % in order of tiebreaker priority).

By the way, according to my account page I'm top 2 atm. Very Happy
Motskari

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I sometimes miss old times and threads from Spiro or t16 fouling unfairness discussions. These how to become number one in rankings threads aren´t so funny anymore.
RDaneel

Post 18 Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would also add penalty ranking points for SuperStar and Legend coaches who never participate in a major competitive tournament at least once every X months (I am thinking for example of the Black Box Trophy or RRR). Alternatively I would asegnate negative points always to these "sly" coaches like "our" MattDakka when they monoactivate Top Tier 1 teams like orcs for more than 20 consecutive matches without interspersing them with a Tier3 team for example. Not caring about redraft (I know in Fumbbl it is not implemented but the rules say this)

Finally as a last rule I would establish that the aforementioned legendary coaches be penalized one CR point every time they make a whine.

What do you say do you agree?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I find funny (not to say hypocrite) that people not playing tier 3 teams themselves suggest me to play tier 3 teams. People playing just 4 races when I play more than 4.
That said, to be constructive and not to just feed trolls, some time ago I suggested that everybody had to activate 1 team per type in the Box (agile, hybrid, bash).
I'm open to play 1 team per type, as long as everybody does the same (I'm a versatile coach).
Currently, since playing tier 3 teams is not rewarded adequately by CR, I won't play them. Give me an adequate CR gain and I will play tier 3 teams as well.
This is the rational reply. If you keep on trolling me I will report you for derailing the thread.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the CR could be rolled with bowlbot. To be frank they really aren't much of informative value in an open play environment for a game like this.
But it can be entertaining. I don't think RDaneels suggestion to punish coaches for not playing majors etc would be helpful. You rather want to motivate coaches. Christer could raise CR gain in official tournament games.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

There is already a specific page for Tournament rankings, by the way:

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&type=tournament&r=0

My idea is for Overall ranking page, for the record, but it could be adopted for Tournament ranking page as well.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
I think the CR could be rolled with bowlbot. To be frank they really aren't much of informative value in an open play environment for a game like this.
But it can be entertaining. I don't think RDaneels suggestion to punish coaches for not playing majors etc would be helpful. You rather want to motivate coaches. Christer could raise CR gain in official tournament games.

We used to do this in the past.

Maybe people didn't like it when coaches got high CRs from good tournament runs. Twisted Evil

Whatever you do there will always be someone complaining about it. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

For me we can delete rankings and coach ranks from FUMBBL, but, since there are rankings, I think that they should be as accurate as possible.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
spiro wrote:

I sometimes miss old times and threads from Spiro or t16 fouling unfairness discussions. These how to become number one in rankings threads aren´t so funny anymore.

Be constructive! It would actually be a great addition if gud T16 fouls would ADD to a CR.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I find funny (not to say hypocrite) that people not playing tier 3 teams themselves suggest me to play tier 3 teams. People playing just 4 races when I play more than 4.
That said, to be constructive and not to just feed trolls, some time ago I suggested that everybody had to activate 1 team per type in the Box (agile, hybrid, bash).
I'm open to play 1 team per type, as long as everybody does the same (I'm a versatile coach).
Currently, since playing tier 3 teams is not rewarded adequately by CR, I won't play them. Give me an adequate CR gain and I will play tier 3 teams as well.
This is the rational reply. If you keep on trolling me I will report you for derailing the thread.

yes! let's all play 1 team per coach and let's cover all the team of the list
https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20RaceStrategy
I'm in! let's make a deal?
I've started and currently played 15 games with two Tier 2 and 15 with two Tier 1 teams: As soon as I finish I'll switch to Tier 3, because that's how the BlackBox Trophy works and this is the tournement I want to apply (together with RRR): when the Box Trophy can have the pleasure to see Your Majesty playing there? What' else will you invent to criticize the Box Trophy as well? Take it from those who are top 10 and also play Tier3 teams. Those are true superstars

If we want the CR to make sense everyone has to play all races and avoid tricks like activating Snots at TV 400 and then having a hundred thousand inducments or monoactivating Orcs with a couple of minmaxed monsters like a Blitzer MA8 Blodge Side step Break tackle and other that even if you stay with two players on the field you eventually draw because what's the point of making a 10 square run with two rushes. You certainly don't have to be a legend

And don't talk about trolling. You have smashed our eardrums with your criticism of everything: the rules, af the developers that he might get cancer, FUMBBL

These hypocritical criticisms of yours masquerading as good education we know what you think of the coaches here, the admins of the game, the developers. You are an hypocrite
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2023 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:

I am clearly being sarcastic about ONE coach who masks behind apparent naive suggestions for improvement the criticism of a system he does not agree with but exploits to his own advantage. Wink
I appreciate 100% of what is on FUMBBL and I don't think anything needs to be changed. Christer has already done wonders for a site that lives on donations.
 Jump to: