65 coaches online • Server time: 21:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2012 - 12:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

With the new client, there has been a fair few questions on how things are working, and this post will try to respond to the most common questions.

Please post only questions you want added to the list in this thread. Once a question has been processed (and possibly added to the FAQ), it will be deleted from the thread to keep it clean.

Bugs
- I found a bug, now what?
If you find a bug, please verify the bug report system to see if it's already reported. If it is, feel free to add further information to the existing report. If it's not, post a new one. It is important to try to include as much information as possible in reports to make it easier to fix.

- But... I just saw a bomb exploding twice!
Yes, we know. Please refer to the bug report system. Until the bugs are fixed, do your best to not abuse it as per normal site rules.

Game options
- Cards? But they are optional, and shouldn't be part of the main divisions.
They are optional, yes. FUMBBL has opted to use this option, as per option 1) in the rule book. Effetively this means each team has the option to purchase up to 5 cards for 50k each as inducements.

- Ok, fine. What about my league? Can I disable them?
Not at this point. Once things have settled down with the updated client, all new options introduced in the new client will be configurable for tournaments. At a later date, this will be extended to be configurable for the league as a whole.

Miscellaneous
- I'm getting "Wrong Password" messages, but didn't enter a password. What gives?
This is a direct effect of a new feature for the FFB client. Essentially, when you launch the client from the site, the site will generate a login token on your behalf and send it to the client. Once the client loads, the FFB server verifies the token and allows you in to the game. The problem you are having is that the token has expired and is not valid anymore.

- Err, hold on.. I don't understand anything of that..
Ok, sorry Smile. Close the client down, and launch it again from the overview page. Normally, this only happens if your download of the game client takes too long.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugs:

- Whoa! One of my players just teleported to the other side of the field. Now the client is rolling for the weather again, mid turn. What gives?

The client has a few glitches of this nature that seem to manifest when lag/latency is particulary bad. Until the situation is resolved, be careful not to click through your actions too quickly..etc etc..

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, happens because of latency and double clicking.

Dont double click!

fix is being worked on!
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

One problem I've had is the game freezing for 20 secs or longer - except the clock still runs (very annoying last game because my opponent timed me out once after 4 mins! Won in the end though).

Was also just speccing a game between Painstate and Persaus and their game completely locked?
BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2012 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

server has been down twice and ongoing games might be broken. seems you have to ask admins for help on IRC channel or file a ticket.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

question: i am new to fumbbl and i am unsure as to what software i need to get the client to load. i have both internet explorer and firefox. pop ups have been enabled and still having problems. my computer doesnt seem to know what to do with the downloaded file

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2012 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to have java installed. Do you have that?

Jump to: