63 coaches online • Server time: 23:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Next skill for this Ag5, Block, Side Step Gutter Runner
Dauntless
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fend
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Leap
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
Shadowing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Diving Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other skill namely...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Zjip(League!) needs a normal skill.

His team Bubonic Rats, currently in FUMBB[L] Cup: Massive Edition, has gone through a rough time so there's only him and another Gutter Runner (ST4 though!) in the team.

I'll buy another GR asap and make that a traditional ballsacker but I'm not sure what to do with this one. Several guides/playbook suggest things like Diving Tackle, Tackle or Shadowing but I doubt the usability of those skills. When does somebody dodge away from a ST2 player? Never when playing against me I think.

So, I'm thinking about Fend, Leap or Dauntless. What do you think and why?
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap coz he ag5. But don't knock diving tackle that's one of the very best skills in the game, and there are plenty of times it will stop someone dodging all together, or if they do dodge then there's a good chance they're going down. DT has won me more games than anything with elf and skaven teams.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Really? Ok well maybe I'll have to reconsider DT for any future players/skill-ups.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree: diving tackle is for more expendable players.
It goes well with blodge sidestep, true, but AG5 is so brilliant on a gutter.

Either go for leap or sure hands (missing in your poll!). I had the same skill choice on this guy last game and went with leap, but sure hands will be the next one fo sho.
Skaven are largely about sacking the ball, and AG5 sure hands leap is great for retrieval afterwards.
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap

Id definitely consider diving tackle on the ST4 gutter runner. ST4 Blodge is hard to bring down so if he is marking a player - opponents will not want to dodge away but it will hard to shift him.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

gregory_n_white wrote:
Leap

Id definitely consider diving tackle on the ST4 gutter runner. ST4 Blodge is hard to bring down so if he is marking a player - opponents will not want to dodge away but it will hard to shift him.

After looking at the team: I agree. The ST4s last 2 skills should be diving tackle and tackle. Not sure which I'd leave for legend though...
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
I disagree: diving tackle is for more expendable players.
It goes well with blodge sidestep, true, but AG5 is so brilliant on a gutter.

Either go for leap or sure hands (missing in your poll!). I had the same skill choice on this guy last game and went with leap, but sure hands will be the next one fo sho.
Skaven are largely about sacking the ball, and AG5 sure hands leap is great for retrieval afterwards.

oh absolutely on this guy go for leap, but blodge SS DT is a game winner and something that your team definitely needs in the future. You just need to be careful about when you use it is all. Obviously if you go man marking with your GR every turn he is going to die but if you d it at the right time and get a SS DT TZ on the ball carrier then they're ruined and you can get that ball sacker to do his job the following turn, or they may try and dodge and fall over either way, if used effectively then it can be incredibly good.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

well, 9 votes for leap and no contestors makes it an easy choice then.
Also: there was another option (give him cheese and retire him) but that didn't come through Very Happy
Tnx for your input, let's see if this leaper survives an encounter with Chaos...