64 coaches online • Server time: 22:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What you think of the Mountain Clans?
Too weak. They would be bashed.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Too strong. They'll bash too easily.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wrong skill rolls
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
They're fine. I would play them if accepted.
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Wrong star players. Change them.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
They're not bad. But I have this idea.... (write your suggestion)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think so, pal. Having MB and [G] access could make them too strong.

i'LL remove the [P] access anyway, looks too much for these players.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Final change: improved the AV of the Werebear and Mouflon Man so they can have higher chances to survive. Don't think this will make a difference since looks like the general opinion is not to admit new stunty teams. Anyway, I have tried my best.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Crook666 wrote:
Final change

Never say never.

People are tough in here on all the roster suggestions, as they should be. Don't let it discourage you if you think you have a good idea and are willing to work with constructive criticism. There have been a lot of teams proposed over the years so many of the Stunty vets have a good idea very quickly of where the potential problems are in a roster.

The general opinion (mine) is that there will be no new teams until after the existing rosters and stars are sorted out and after the next tourney. You should take a read of the Stunty Plan thread stickied at the top and look at the thread to vote for best new Stunty teams. It links most of the heavily flushed out proposals and gives you a rough sense of what people like/dislike. You will also notice that most of those new team pages, including ones that were already accepted, are very long. It doesn't happen fast.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, understood. I'll try again when you will be willing to evaluate new rosters. So long and thanks for now Smile
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Change the Bigfoot into a Werefling(a black bear that has been bit by a halfling) and I'd like it.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2012 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSyron wrote:
Change the Bigfoot into a Werefling(a black bear that has been bit by a halfling) and I'd like it.

Love it, absolute genius. Very Happy
DaveH

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2012 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Like the fluff - team wise they're a bit generic, there's not really anything that sets them apart from existing teams

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2012 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Corvidius wrote:
TheSyron wrote:

Love it, absolute genius. Very Happy

I second this!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2012 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I took a look at the team and here's my assessment (cause I'm so damn important I need to be listened to lol):

Mountaineers...Ok. Flings. No problem.
Werebears...Flings with +AV and claw. Fluff no problem. Why mutation access? Were-creatures aren't known for mutating.
Mouflon Man...this is my biggest problem fluff-wise:
Crook666 wrote:
Mouflon Man...Guess what? They got horns.
Yeah, that's a fluff fail imo. And wth is a 'Mouflon Man'? The provided fluff would work better with G access than horns.
Wendigo...Daunt, Frenzy, BL gobbos. ST access would be a better fit for these guys than G imo. I like the idea of a faster more agile Daredevil without the G access. Obviously, the Mountaineers would need Thrall.
Bigfoot...I also prefer the Werefling idea posted previously.

Good luck to you. Stunty team creation is a gauntlet of pain and ridicule, only to be contemplated by the thick of skin.

As keeper of the 'Best new stunty teams' forum, you have been added to the list of hopefuls.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2012 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

How about making rosters that actually fit the fluff?

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2012 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
How about making rosters that actually fit the fluff?

Seems to fit the fluff he's written to me.

(Sidenote: Apparently the Mouflon is a type of horned wild sheep so Mouflon Men are kinda like Halfling Beastmen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouflon)
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2012 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Fitting the fluff you write for your own team is one thing. Fitting into the existing world in which BB is set is another, and that's where this roster falls down for me. Mountaineering flings and werebears, extensions of existing fluff, no real problem. On the other hand the Wendigo & Bigfoot are creatures from our world, not the WFB/BB world, and don't fit at all. Just like a team of Space Marines doesn't, or a team of Elvis impersonators, or Pirate Ninja Zombie Robots, or Ponies. Mouflon Man, I'm a bit iffy about; I'd prefer them with at least a name change.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2012 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mountain goat!
No hands, horns, dauntless, thick skull (Leap?)
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2012 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Fitting the fluff you write for your own team is one thing. Fitting into the existing world in which BB is set is another, and that's where this roster falls down for me. Mountaineering flings and werebears, extensions of existing fluff, no real problem. On the other hand the Wendigo & Bigfoot are creatures from our world, not the WFB/BB world, and don't fit at all. Just like a team of Space Marines doesn't, or a team of Elvis impersonators, or Pirate Ninja Zombie Robots, or Ponies. Mouflon Man, I'm a bit iffy about; I'd prefer them with at least a name change.

The Wendigo and Bigfoot could both be considered varients on the Yhetee theme though both are North American mythological creatures rather than Asian I guess.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2012 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't expect this topic was still alive. I improved the Mouflon Man fluff, gave him leap and changed the scanty Bigfoot with the mighty Werefling. Added the star players too, with two stars of my invention. Thanks for having added me to the list of hopeful rosters. Lemme know what you think about it.
 Jump to: