44 coaches online • Server time: 18:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/02/warhammer-world-anniversary-gnomes-bring-animals-illusions-and-pointy-hats-to-blood-bowl/

Gnomes with wrestle and jump up

Gnome beast masters who have goose or badger that gives them Guard
Also treemen
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a feeling they’ll be listed as tier3 but actually more like tier2 and make all the other stunties obsolete
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Bowl is a game of athleticism and sporting skill,* but every now and then a team comes along with the grit, the determination, and the je ne sais quoi to transcend mortal limits and achieve true gridiron greatness. A team with such natural talent that no amount of rippling muscles and whip-crack reflexes can stand before them. A team with badgers.

We couldn’t hold them back any longer – the strongest** Blood Bowl team ever to grace the gridiron has arrived. Gnomes are avid Blood Bowl fans who usually stick to their own secluded burrows, but every once in a while a team will enter the ‘big’ world and make a name for themselves in the leagues – usually through the popularity of their adorable woodland compatriots rather than any actual skill or success.

Whether it’s a Beastmaster working alongside a ferocious goose to shore up their team’s line of defence or a speedy fox sprinting downfield with the ball in their mouth, Gnomes make use of many furry friends to fill in where their short stature can’t compete. Then if that isn’t enough to secure some touchdowns, their mastery of illusions and capricious tricks surely is.

Luckily, not everyone on the team struggles to reach the average player’s knees, and their connection to the woodland allows Gnomes to enlist the help of Altern Forest Treemen. These giant arboreal brutes are vital for smashing holes in the opposing line that their smaller teammates can surge through, but with exceptionally slow movement and the constant risk of taking root where they stand, they need to be managed carefully.

Like other Stunty teams – the Gnomes have a particular rivalry with Halflings – most of the players come at a budget cost, letting coaches pack out their rosters with the more exciting options available before making up the numbers with Linemen. Even then, regular Gnome Linemen have the Jump Up and Wrestle skills, giving them a surprisingly solid counter-punch despite their poor AV.

Beastmasters are a vital linchpin, and not just because their models sport some of the all-time best companion critters Blood Bowl has ever seen.*** They’re the only rostered players across the entire game to start with the powerful Guard skill, helping your other players block even when stuck in themselves – no doubt thanks to their goose and badger allies.

* And no small amount of luck.

** Warhammer Community makes no qualitative claims about the strength, or lack thereof, of the Gnome Blood Bowl team.

*** Sorry, Beer Boar.

Last edited by Sp00keh on %b %02, %2024 - %12:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
Jayward

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the fox is also a positional, possibly with Sprint depending on how literally you want to take the text.

And there's two carrying multiple balls with some sort of magic? I guess that's the illusions and tricks the article mentions
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

"regular Gnome Linemen have [...] Wrestle"

If they have Dodge in addition, we're doomed.

Last edited by DoctorMidnight on %b %04, %2024 - %00:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It says treemen (plural) but hopefully it's just 2, like flings, and not more than 2

The linemen can't be dodge wrestle jumpup surely. especially as it says they're cheap
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't be surprised if they are inspired by the SL Gnomes - not in any particulars but in the basic idea of "stunties without Dodge" being their team profile.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we allowed to post GW images here?

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
The linemen can't be dodge wrestle jumpup surely. especially as it says they're cheap

Fingers crossed.
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Essential question: their STR level?
3, like in the SL version, or 2, like any "regular" stunty team?
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So looking at the team in the video it looks like

Edit: my guess

16 gnomes 5 2 3+ 4+ 7+ Wrestle jump up, stunty, Right stuff
2 gnome illusionist Wrestle, Jump Up stunty, new rule(swap ball)
2 beastmasters 5 2 3+ 5+ 8+ Wrestle, guard
2 fox Runners 7 2 3+ - 7+ Dodge, sprint, Sure Feet
2 treemen
1 gnomish secret weapon, 5 2 3+ 4+ 7+ Wrestle, stunty, secret wrapon (special rule strip ball but can do so from 1 square away rather than adjacent roll required for it to work), Secret weapon

Last edited by Garion on %b %02, %2024 - %17:%Mar; edited 5 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

DoctorMidnight wrote:
Essential question: their STR level?
3, like in the SL version, or 2, like any "regular" stunty team?

I think st 2 Wrestle jump up

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Geese could have guard or defensive? Based on text

Edit: nevermind. It's confirmed its guard

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2024 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

They look like a fun team to paint. Very silly and characterful, I like the silly side of Blood Bowl. Will be buying a team, though as I rarely TT playability is not really a consideration.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2024 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder what skill access the players have? If it's agility, then they are excellent -> the only stunties with a very powerful natural first skill choice.

There is a small chance they are actually St 1 (i.e. Snotling like), not 2. Otherwise the team
seems way too powerful if it was similar to Garion's suggestion - a supercharged version of Halfings better in every way?

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: