45 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:

I think Russo's Lyonesse Lotharios will take the Albion Conference

WOW thats quite a vote of confidence!

Don't get me wrong I want to win but it all depends on the casualties tbh.

A poor start with my expensive players means I will struggle. On a positive note Elves skill quickly so Season 1 could be my best shot at the title before you all have Av9 Death Machines across your first teams Smile

EDIT: and up against coaches with a higher win ratio / CR than me too Razz

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol

Last edited by Russo on %b %23, %2013 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:
BOY am I glad to find a forum to discuss my trash problems!!!!!!!

Those blooming bin men did not collect my rubbish today and I am really mad....what?...ohh..is this not the right place :p

To give credit where it's due, they came and collected ours yesterday despite the treacherous ice.

But no, it's not really the right place. Suppose I asked for it though. Remind me to be as literal as possible when dealing with you in future. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
But no, it's not really the right place. Suppose I asked for it though. Remind me to be as literal as possible when dealing with you in future. Wink

Heheh my responsibilities cover waste services amongst otehr local services so always topical for me Laughing

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol

Last edited by Russo on %b %23, %2013 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Thanks both to Murker and gjopie for all your varied efforts on the art, fluff and league Smile

BiggieB is my idol
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You said "Swiss Tourney" - we're only playing 4 games before Cup, right?

I see the first pairings - can we get the future ones as well, pls? (Or is there some seeding based on how we do Game 1? & if so, could we get that formula?)

uzkulak wrote:
I predict when uzkulak plays uzkulak, then uzkulak will win, or at least get a tie... Razz

With 3 uzkulaks in the league, my money is on them, just b/c I like the odds.

I predict the Expatriates (my lizzies) will do well early before other teams skill up too much, then go flat as their Sauri flail without Block, then threaten but not quite pull off the underdog challenge late. This based on a combination of Lizzies, my own past performance, and reading the entrails of a D'Elf. Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat - Were those D'elf entrails from here perhaps?

Razz

BiggieB is my idol
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:

Razz

Zing.

Smeat wrote:
You said "Swiss Tourney" - we're only playing 4 games before Cup, right?

I see the first pairings - can we get the future ones as well, pls? (Or is there some seeding based on how we do Game 1? & if so, could we get that formula?)

In a swiss tourney, the first pairings are random. Future pairings are (I believe) based on the following formula:

The scheduler takes the first un-scheduled team in the rankings (based on points, and then on a tiebreaker that I don't understand) and matches it up against the next unscheduled team in the rankings that the first team has not played yet. This means that after the first games, 1st will likely play 2nd, 3rd - 4th, etc. There may be some variation if there are draws in the first round.

Yes, we are only playing 4 rounds.

Edit: See here for more info.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Although a quick reminder that at the end of the season, the tie-breaking rules we'll be using will be:

1) Head-to-head record (if applicable)
2) TD Difference
3) TD Scored
4) Coin toss

Which is different to the tie-breaking procedure used by the Swiss system (which unfortunately can't be edited).

I'm happy to review all of this at the end of the first season, by the way, just in case there is anything which the league feels doesn't work.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Got it, thanks!

(While on that topic, I like double-elim knock-outs for the finals, which aren't too far from current in number of games played overall - more scheduled games, which can be a headache (depending on coaches involved), but almost everyone is still in it for quite a while, at least in theory.

But that's just me. Good to go with what we have.)

Russo wrote:

Oh, no no no - those are far too old! I've had plenty since then!

(Hey - that was my 10th game here - I have no shame in that one - good times! I'm just surprised you dug it out!)

gjopie wrote:
Zing.

Oh - as if we all haven't been there? And what skeletons could one find in your closet, Commish? Laughing

Russo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
(Hey - that was my 10th game here - I have no shame in that one - good times! I'm just surprised you dug it out!)

Well I was curious what our H2H record was like and when I saw that I could not help but laugh Laughing

BiggieB is my idol
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:

gjopie wrote:
Zing.

Oh - as if we all haven't been there? And what skeletons could one find in your closet, Commish? Laughing

Haha, absolutely, I'm barely scraping a 50% win rate.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the opening game of the league has been played, and one of the early favourites took a thrashing to show that everyone's faith was misplaced (and you can't say I didn't warn you!)

The Sylvania Walkers were ruthlessly efficient, picking up a new zombie rat along the way, and proved why they should have been considered one of the top teams from the beginning!

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record I predict the following winners:

Albion: uzkulak Dwarf

Bretonnian:Winni Norse

Good Luck All.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just glad no one has jinxed - er, predicted my lizzies. (As if, but I can still be superstitious about it!)

Russo wrote:
Well I was curious what our H2H record was like and when I saw that I could not help but laugh Laughing

np, I did too. Scared the cat!

(B League Shadow was my 2nd team, and we were in some league. Losing record, made and suffered the predictable rookie mistakes, but still won the odd game and had fun for my first outing.

Here is an excerpt from my "Game notes"...

Game 5, vs Ogres (Russo1)
    0-3 loss
    Continuing the string of reverse cherry picking <ahem>, BLS took some brutal punishment but learned some valuable lessons...

We'll see if they stuck!

gjopie wrote:
Haha, absolutely, I'm barely scraping a 50% win rate.

No, I meant real skeletons, like of dead players (dead Khemri count, I suppose). Laughing

Winni

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Woe oh woe.

Bewildered by the feeble audience, the Northeners played a very bad first half and didnt manage to score. Even worse, and obviously helped by the shameless cries of the chaos coach to his dark god, the soon-to-be-mutateds stole the ball and turned their defense into a comfortable 1-0 halftime lead.
Distracted by bretonnian "thingies", our 3 koed warriors forgot to return to the game in time. 8 Northeners were left, more than a match for the 11 mockeries of life opposing them, but alas, they couldnt stop the overpowering evil that stood against them. It didnt help that Storolf of Niflheim was badly hurt by a vicious and very unsportsmanlike blow.
But then! Still outnumbered, even with their koed players all back, the Icedragons played a swift offense and with superior dedication, Ingimann Reaverson ran past the defense for a quick 2-1.
4 turns to go, 1 man and 1 TD down, but finally enlightened, our heroes managed to knock down the ballcarrying Chaos Ogre, but not yet used to the timid temperatures of the south, the ball slipped through the hands of Morten Windrunner...
The untimely death of Grom (the nameless) was switfly avenged by Skadi the Skald, who killed one of the despicable abominations.