69 coaches online • Server time: 20:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2017 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

OBBLCome and join the fun

So this is our story as it unfolds.

Steingart isn't a very large place. So when news that a BLOODBOWL team was passing through soon, the City went nuts. Well, Most of them anyway.
Stanley couldn't see the fascination in a group of suicidal maniacs playing a game. On the day of the team passing through, Stanley was bored and went to see what all the fuss was about. The MOOT MIGHTIES strutted through the City. Stanley nearly wet himself laughing when he saw them. " THEY are bloodbowl players" he shouted as he pointed to the Mighties. Their Captain heard him. Fudge Bigbelly Made his way over to Stanley and looked up at him. " OH SO YOU THINK WE ARE JUST HERE FOR LAUGHS" "I Have lost countless friends and family in this sport I love. Besides, We have a new player now. HE WILL MAKE US GREAT"
Just then a HUGE tree walked upto Stanley. " You think we funny? You come watch. Then we see if you still laugh.
So later that day Stanley made his way to the Stadium. He took his seat and waited for the game to start.
A Famous Goblin team, The Lowdown rats took to the field first. 2 HUGE Trolls led the way. Behind them the goblins jumped and hopped around. A few seemed shy. Looked to be covering something. Just then Stanley saw what they were covering. A CHAINSAW, Another had a sack of what looked BOMBS. Stangley, Another had a huge BALL AND CHAIN. Surely this was illegal.
He looked over at the Referee. A Tall skinny elf seemed to turn a blind eye to these weapons.
The Mighties came out next. Led by their very own weird creature. A walking talking tree. He was waving a branch at the thousands of fans who had crammed in to see this rare spectacle.

As soon as both teams were ready a goblin stepped up and punted the ball down field. Whilst the ball was arcing through the air, The Goblin with the chainsaw ran up and cut a Halfling in 2. The crowd went mental!!!

"What in all that is holy is happening here" Stanley said to a group of fans next to him.

"BLOODBOWL" they shouted back to him in unison.

So for much of the first half, Stanley was watching the game and asking the fans about rules and pretty much asked what was happening eachtime something happened.

By the end of the first half, Their was dead and maimed bodies of Halflings and goblins all over the pitch. Crators where the Bombs had been thrown.

As the ref blew his whistle, He walked up to the last remaining goblin with a weapon. The ball and chain. It was covered with blood and bits of Halflings and Goblins. (He wasn't too choosy about who he hit). He blew his Whistle again and BANNED the Player from the game.

The Second half was just a blur for Stanley really. He was in a Bloodbowl frenzy. He was screaming at the players, The ref, Everybody in fact. He was LOVING THIS FANTASIC SPORT!.

The game finished when, with time running out, The treeman picked up Bigbelly who had the ball, and LAUNCHED him down Field towards the Goblins Endzone. Bigbelly landed and rolled over the Touchdown line. The crowd went Quiet. It was Eerie. Had he scored, Was he even alive?

Suddenly Bigbelly slowly stood up. He Looked at the ball in amazement. He held the ball aloft as the referee blew his Whistle 1 final time. The game was Over.

Stanley could not believe he had been ignoring this sport. He had instead devoted his time making money.
Well now he knew what he was going to do with all that cash.

On his way back home, He was in a daydream almost. He had plans. HE was going to be a Bloodbowl LEGEND coach.
Once back, he sent out word that HE was going to create a Bloodbowl team.
he spent out THOUSANDS of Gold coins buying uniforms, Equptment. He even found a league they could join which was starting soon. The main rule they had, Your team MUST consist of players from you own Town or City to begin with.

Stanley spent even more money convincing people to join his team.
With 15 strange, weird and wonderful players up, He was ready to begin his Legacy.

Last edited by Naru1981 on %b %23, %2017 - %01:%May; edited 3 times in total
Naru1981

Post   Posted: May 01, 2017 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DAY 1

Stanley rushed to the makeshift playing field where his new team had gathered. He had exciting news.

As he approached, the team fell Silent.

"We have been accepted into the OBBL league" Stanley said a little too excited.

"Now, As you all know, I am very new to this game. I thankyou all for joining and I hope we make this journey together. I have no idea how to train you. How to get you ready. So I have hired some ex players and the occasional star player to make a guest appearance to help us."
" This won't be easy for any of us. The training starts NOW"

Just then a shocked gasp rippled through the team. Walking towards was the LEGEND that is........ Zara The Slayer!
For a HUGE amount of cash, She had agreed to coach 1 session.

She worked them hard. Was impressed by a few, But most of team she thought were trash. Stanley however could not afford to be picky.

This went on for days. Every time, Either an ex player or Star player turned up to coach the team.

They got to the point where they might survive a game. This was the most Stanley could hope. Besides, Stanley had run out of money. He had spent near every gold piece he had getting this team started.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Game time

So the time had come to see what all Stanley's money had bought. It was GAME TIME

Landweise Barriers arrived and seemed to be in same position as us. A Rookie team.

The game didn't go great. Although it did show a lot of promise for the future.
Our Mutant BH a player, And our Strongman DisstenAlso got in on the action.

Problem was, We kept leaving the pitch way too often. By end of the first half we had 5 players Knocked out. As well as Genarun having his ribs Broken which made him miss the rest of the game and possibly our next.

Second half went no better really.
Final score was a 0-2 loss.
Now as annoyed as Stanley was, He still walked away happy. His first experience in Bloodbowl had been amazing.

On the way back to Steingart, Stanley was talking to the team. Telling them how impressed he had been with their first EVER game.
To his amazement, EVERY player in the team had learned something from the game and skilled in some way.

Most had learned BLOCK. However, A couple of players had learnt how to DODGE.
Someone had learnt how to tackle whilst Diving!!

But most impressive of all was Svanna who had become more AGILE.

Frenne Had grown CLAWS.

Stanley smiled. This may have been his calling all along!!

Once back in Steingart, Stanley received a Newspaper about the league they had joined. It seemed that other players may be bought into the team. AT A PRICE.

Stanley quickly scanned through some available players. His Eyes lit up.
He hoped he had found the missing link for the team. He made arrangements as fast as he could. After all, with the money from yesterdays match, he could afford to buy someone new.

The rules of the league though stated you could only EVER have 15 ACTIVE members on your team. Even with someone who will miss the next game.

Stanley was desperate to bring in his new player, But who should go?
He couldn't decide. How could he fire someone who had helped him build this team. Just by asking to join, they had helped to become part it.

At that moment there was a knock on his door.

Ornradstood there in the doorway.

"Erm coach. I need to talk to you." I LOVE this game, but I don't think i'm cut out for it. I'm weak, My armour doesn't hep me either. So I need to ask if I can leave"

Stanley was shocked. Ornrad had just made his life so much easier.

"Son, far be it for me to stop anyone from saving their own life. If you need to leave, Then you have my permission. But just so you know, There will ALWAYS be a seat reserved for you at all games. As a thankyou for helping get this team started."

That night, Stanley went to sleep with a big smile on face. He was excited training training in the morning.

At the training field as Stanley arrived, The team was in a huge circle. They seemed to be surrounding someone. Stanley forced his way through. There, stood in the middle was Hanget Fluff The teams first PRO Bloodbowl player.

Stanley had heard rumors that OBBL was due to start in about 2 weeks. ALOT of training was ahead of them. New Team Captain Hanget would help with this he hoped.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 2

Stanley wasn't looking forward to this. His first game as a Bloodbowl coach did not go well.
So he entered the changing just before kick off.

"RIGHT THEN YOU LOT" he shouted. " As I have let everyone know, I have spent vast amounts of gold to get this team together. I have hired the best possible coaches. I have rented the best possible facilities for us to train in. Have bought you the finest food and drink". "We have our first game, And get completely embarrassed"!!!

"THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN"
"I can forgive that first game, After all it was pretty much the first time any of us have been involved in an actual Bloodbowl match".
"However, As you know I have shelled out the money we got from that game and bought us a PROplayer. He will be our Captain on the field."

"Now today I want to see you fight the win. This is no practice game. Our season has OFFICIALLY started."

"SO GO OUT THERE AND START AS WE MEAN TO GO ON."
"SHOW EVERYONE WHY WE DESERVE TO BE HERE"

The team all cheer and rush out onto the field.

"Damn I hope they believe everything I said. I'm not even sure I believe most of it" Stanley muttered to himself.

The game couldn't have started any better. The Stompers were kicking first.
The Crusaders looked as much a rookie team as we did. Their first block hit our Local player Biaval. Biaval had a sick look on face. They hit, He hit faster. Their player was DEAD before he even hit the floor.

Stanley just stood in shock! The team HAD listened to him!!!

The rest of the first half was a complete blur. Tackles going in left right and centre. 2 Crusaders were DEAD. Another had his Armour smashed to bits. So much so, he would miss their next game so he can get it fixed.

2ND half started with the Stompers up on numbers. However they had failed to score thus far.
Svanna easily picked up the ball from kick off and casually walked down the field. All the while her team mates were smashing the Crusaders and creating a wall to protect her. She crossed over the Score line midway through the half. The crowd went Mental.

A few more blocks and screams from fallen players and the Referee Blew his whistle to signal the end of the game.

Stanley ran onto the pitch and jumped into the big group mass of his team to celebrate.
Tonight he planned to get very drunk!!!

As Stanley got ready to go drinking, he heard a knock at his door.

Upon opening, He saw a local Player from the Stompers Standing there.

With tears in his eyes, Vigryn Spoke to Stanley

"Coach, I quit!! I'm the weakest player on the team. As such I get bullied and bet up all the time. This isn't what I signed up for. You didn't play me in our last for that same reason" "Maybe i'm just not cut out for this game".

With that he dropped his team uniform at Stanley's feet and walked away.

"OH FFS. That makes 2 players leaving the team in 2 games."

"AH well, Let's see if cannot find a replacement"

That night, Stanley did not get drunk. Instead he spent hours upon hours making calls and sending messages and offers.

No one knows exactly what Stanley did. But the rumors are that the Team will have another PRO player before the next game. This player however has a secret!!!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 3

Stanley was fuming. After their previous game, They had gotten cocky. Arrogant.
Well this game certainly bought them back down to earth.

Not all was bad though. The team was learning how to play. They were certainly learning how to hurt people. 2 More KILLS for the Stompers.
the Perm that was inflicked was via a strong boot from Genarun Ragorn. Maybe his future is sorted.

Our new Star player seemed to be able to STAB other players. He certainly got a lot of attention from our opponents.

Varleck got the teams first EVER pass completion. So although this was a loss, ALOT of positives came from this game.

However, Stanley has noticed that the biggest weakness is the lack of Armour on most of his players. This is something he needs to look into.
ALSO the Ability to change their blocks.

We have heard the shop is once again open. But as of yet, No one knows if a new player will appear, or if any other players will leave

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 4

Stanley was starting to enjoy himself. Starting to believe in his team. They had worked hard in training and walked into this game full of confidence.

All started well. Captain Hanget Fluff picked up the ball and found a shield of players to hide within. Slowly but surely they marched their way down the field.
Stabby McStabbyson seemed to have forgotten how his daggers worked.
The Stompers took a few of the opposition off the field and ran in their first score.
Then disaster happened. Our Strong Local Player, Dissten Olifinna was punched and died right there on the field infront of everyone. Stanley couldn't believe it. He KNEW he should have hired a Doctor for the team.
The team now played in honour of their fallen team mate.
Their blocks were harder.
Stabby was causing problems with his daggers now.
Their AG4 ball carrier was KILLED. However their doctor somehow bought him back to life.
Later in the game the Riders scored. But then Hanget did also. Another hard hit from the Stompers and another Death for the Riders. This time though, the doctor was no where to be seen.

Their AG ball carrier was knocked down. The Stompers still upset about their team mate KICKED him hard. NIGGLED him for life. Doctor again was AWOL.

Finally the Final whistle went and the Stompers shouted with joy with their win.

Hours later, and Stanley was sitting alone going over the match again.
A great win for sure, but something was missing.

He got up and went to find the team in the Local Tavern.

He found who he wanted.
Varlek seemed to know what coming.
"Coach please don't say it. I know why you are here. But please. Let me resign. DON'T SACK me".

Next morning, and Stanley arrives at the training field. 2 People by his side.

"LADS FORM A CIRCLE" he shouted.
" As you may have noticed, Varleck has left the team. However, Please meet his replacement"
"Let me introduce you to Brie Nazelskin"

"Also our Team Doctor, VARLECK"!!!!

The Doctor removed his hood to reveal himself. He was the same player who had left the team.

" He wanted to stay on with us". "told me he has a background in medicine".
"How could I refuse a loyal players offer"?

With that, Stanley started the team on their Drills for the day.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2017 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Game 5

Stanley stood in the dressing room looking at HIS team. They had 3 PRO players now.
He had discovered that these were not exhibition games as he had thought. They were actual LEAGUE games. If the Stomper managed a win today, It would move them into 2nd place!!! This was insane.

Stanley sent the team out with the news that, If they win, They could skip training tomorrow as a reward. This seemed to do the trick. The team ran onto the field full of self belief.

First half was a mixed half.
The Stompers had played great. Stabby had BH 2 players with his "Special" hands.
On Debut, Our newest PRO had bagged himself a CAS. However he also got smashed to bits!! He felt so weak. His Strength seemed less.
Our new staff member was a doctor of sorts.
He ran onto the field without any fear and helped Brie from the field of play. Somehow he managed to patch him up ready to play again.

Smeek Widegrin (Leader) Had been hit by a rock before the game had even started. He spent the rest of the game in the K.O box.
Another Debut was handed to Smeekup. He made himself available for an unlikely pass. He was utterly shocked when he heard his name. He turned to see the ball coming straight at him.
Somehow he managed to catch it and slowly take the ball over the TD line a few turns later.

2nd Half was just the first nearly. Players leaving the field regular.
We finally managed to close the ball and retrieve it.

After some great play, Genarun was in the clear to run in the winning Touchdown!!!

The team was finally getting with each other.

Stanley kept his promise and gave the team the following off from training.
So in his free time, Stanley started looking back at the previous games.
Should he buy a new player or start saving for a weapon player or 1 of these re-roll things.