63 coaches online • Server time: 18:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the roster only has one Big guy so to speak, the mummy, and he is the center piece of death and destruction, thus the primary target for the opponeets...I think he should have G & S access.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well giving the Mummy TTM and the Dolls/Saws right stuff they are the most reliable TTM race....The big guy has no racial negative trait...unlike basically every other STUNTY race. That is unique for stunty.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Horrors are equally as reliable at TTM, with Greater Horrors (no negatrait, non-Stunty and higher MA than a mummy) throwing Horrors. Though if the RS players did have AG4, that would make them the most reliable.

Edit: And with the mummy having S access, Strong Arm would also make them better than Horrors.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 17:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I did originally give the dolls right stuff, and then deleted it as I hadn't got anyone to throw them (The mummy is straight from the undead roster as this was what most big guys seemed to be) instead of just adding TTM. I'll correct my error Smile

I never thought to put Right stuff on the leatherfaces but it's fun so it's going in. They did originally have AV6 too but I thought that was too fragile with str1 and decay. I'm thinking now though that fragile is kinda the idea so I'm gonna put it back to 6.

I'd definitely consider other changes but I'll see what general opinion is before changing anything else. Don't want to make too many changes unless there's concensus.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I also really like this roster - it has lots of character and Stunty could do with an undead team. My only suggestion would be to tweak the Bone Dolls a bit - 5237 and Dodge doesn't sound like the shambling dead to me? Maybe M4 and Jump-up instead of Dodge would be interesting, slow-but-in-your-face undead? And to counter the slow speed, maybe also a faster, 'mini-Ghoul' type player?
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
I also really like this roster - it has lots of character and Stunty could do with an undead team. My only suggestion would be to tweak the Bone Dolls a bit - 5237 and Dodge doesn't sound like the shambling dead to me? Maybe M4 and Jump-up instead of Dodge would be interesting, slow-but-in-your-face undead? And to counter the slow speed, maybe also a faster, 'mini-Ghoul' type player?

I dont think your ideas are bad at all.

BUT

The roster as presented is a really nice roster. At some point adding more actually detracts from the roster.

I would say the roster is good to go.

Maybe DrDeath can come up with his own variant undead type roster with those ideas. Sounds like a Stunty Necro team might be in the works.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 18:22
FUMBBL Staff

I did try M4 but that meant that the chainsaws were the only players that could move over 4, and I thought that was perhaps a bit too slow. I do like the idea though.

Just as an aside, as I was only doing this for fun and cos I thought it would be cool, how many rosters actually get added? Is there a submissions round or some such? Do people vote? Is it on the whim of WhatBall Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ultimately, yes, it's WhatBall's call. From his Stunty Plan (http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22413):

'5. New Teams

Once the dust has settled and the rosters are solidified there will be an opportunity to look at adding new teams. This will not be a fast process, and it will never be more than one at a time as it is discussed and tested. As much as I love a number of the rosters I am not looking to add rosters just for the sake of it. They will need to offer something new to Stunty and meet the fluff & fun requirements.'

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Just as an aside, as I was only doing this for fun and cos I thought it would be cool, how many rosters actually get added? Is there a submissions round or some such? Do people vote? Is it on the whim of WhatBall Very Happy

What and how many rosters get added are entirely up to WhatBall. However, there is a thread where you can review the other stunty rosters that have been created and voice your opinion. I've added the Effigies to the list.

I only ask that before you go there and vote for yourself, give the other teams a look-see and see what else you believe deserves an 'Add' or an 'Honorable Mention'.

The link: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=543813#543813

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 20:00
FUMBBL Staff

Ok, thanks! I wasn't expecting the level of positive feedback I received so it builds hope, but I'm also aware that a lot of people have a go at making these things and want nothing more than to see them in the leeg! Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2013 - 14:47
FUMBBL Staff

Just one last comment on this until it inevitably gets lost until some unspecified future date when teams get brought up again. I'm going to try my hand at making some icons. The ones I've seen look awesome and I'd like to give it a go.

I imagine the bone dolls will look something like this: Bone Fetish

For an overall view of the team I had an amusing image hailing back to the megadrive days. Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2013 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are going to have a go at making icons, the best place to start is usually by taking existing ones and modifying them/using pieces to get the hang of it. You might want to check out the Bogey team thread for some icons that might be suitable as a base for some of your team. There are also plenty of skulls on various players as helmets and such that you can steal for a starter Bone guy.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 15:31
FUMBBL Staff

Right, silly question time now. I've done my first icon (woohoo!). How do I post it in the thread?

Cheers

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

upload it to your gallery (under Home menu) and wait for it to be approved (black outline versus red outline). The past the url here with the image tags around it. You can select the url and click the Img button.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 15:49
FUMBBL Staff

I assumed it was like that. I've already uploaded the image. The bit I was stuck on was finding the url for a specific image in my gallery. Again, apologies for stupidity and lameness Smile

Edit: managed it. I was as suspected just being stupid. Who knew!
Here's the bone doll effigy

I went with a day off the dead theme. It might be too small to see. It's hard to judge scale but he is a lot shorter (arms and legs) than a standard skellie with the same sized head, a smile, and flowers for eyes. Comments welcome Very Happy

Last edited by mister__joshua on %b %12, %2013 - %16:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: