71 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
poi66

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Due to personal troubles I will not be able to forfill my schedule for an unknown time, so I sadly have to quit.
Crying or Very sad

Thx to all my opponents and good luck at the further matches.
See you all sometime somewhere...
Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well folks,
Sadly enough, we have seen another team drop out of contention. Last season's "Copper Spoon of Nuffle Champs", Plundering Vikings, have decided to withdraw from the tournament. They will be sadly missed. All coaches who were due to play this team from round 4 on, will receive full credit wins.
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

.... And yet another team bites the dust.
Team "Pocket Full Of Posies", of Coach Fool, has been ejected from the league from inactivity.
Has not answered his opponents PM's (nor my own), due to the fact that he hasn't even been
online for 17 days. All coaches who were to play him from this date on, will receive full credit
points for the win.
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Lot of drop outs it seems. Well nux 4 will be easier as we by then will have a core of dedicatede coaches.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

we by then will have a core of dedicatede coaches

IS there such a thing on FUMBBL?

I think not, outside of Australia

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I think not, outside of Australia

So unfortunately true...

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well "Svenska ligan" (see groups) is running well. For each new season the number of dedicated coaches grow slightly. Of course we have drop of but the number of core coaches grows steady.

For Nux 4 we should make new divisions and place all coaches who has played all their matches in the same division and that way try to increase the number of working divisions each season.

It's a bit sad though that some nux 3 divisions are 7 games long and some only 5. There is a chance that even the most dedicated coaches in the 5 matches long divisions loose intrest in the cup as they have to wait 3 weeks for the 7 games long divisions to end.

I think it would be much better if all divisions were 5 matches long. I suggest that all divisions be cut down to 5 matches. (All teams in a division must not necessarily play each other)
Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think for season 4, I'm not going to open up the season to new coaches, or accept any new applications.
I'm thinking of just running it with the coaches we have left, which will end up being our veteran crew, that actually
plays their games, and stay the whole season, lol. And I'll also make sure that all divisions have an equal number
of games to play, so that there is no waiting around.
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Willard73, you might consider to open the door to new coaches only if they proven themselves in other leagues as dedicated coaches.

I'm in several leagues where the commisionairies might ask around in their dedicated coaches pool if they want to play in this league as well.

I'm talking about the following great leagues:
* Wide World of Bloodbowl (commish Mully)
* Saints and Sinners League (commish LurkingGrue)

Maybe Svenska ligan as well as Hendrik_H stated. (although I don't play in that league, so I can't tell out of my own experiance.)
Maybe there are even more leagues where dedicated coaches hang out?

just my 2 cents...

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Great suggestion Barash. I just meant I didn't like the idea of accepting brand new coaches
that we don't know from a hole in the ground.... because they usually end up dropping of the
friggin' planet. But, getting dedicated coaches, who've already proven themselves in
other leagues, is a great idea.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

We will still need some new coaches as drop offs sometimes happen even among the most dedicated coaches due to rl issues.

I really want there to be some way for newbies to get into the league if they really want to. If credentials from another league was a requierment for all divisons I would never had been allowed to join nux 3. Embarassed

An idea might be to have a separate rookies division were new coaches are always accepted without need of credentials. Those coaches in the rookies division that play all of their games. (Or a least make a serious effort to play all of their games) can then be allowed to join the main league for the next season.
Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty much what the apprentice tourney is. The apprentice tourney is supposed to be the only place you are allowed to enter the league.
I've let coaches bring in high TR teams into the upper divisions in the past, just to fill in the holes. But, the apprentice tourney is supposed to
be the only place that new coaches are allowed in. I might enforce that a little better in the future as well.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of the apprentice tourney... I mentioned earlier that tier 3 only had 6 teams, and hence 5 matches each.
Therefore tiers 1 and 2, with a 7 week schedule would only get credit for their first 5 games, in order to keep the
point system fair.

So, coaches from tiers 1 and 2, once you have finished your round 6 games... do not play your round seven game.
At the end of round 6, each coach will have played 5 games (each coach had one bye). The scores after round six
will denote what 2 top teams from each teir will go into the knockout style playoff, to see what 2 teams get to challenge
for the Adeptus seats.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Great. Is there someway to make the excelsus league also only be 5 games long. Then the entire league will end at the same time and we can make a badly needed fresh start with nux 4.
Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I aim to please... let's put it to a vote. How do the rest of the Excelsus division coaches feel about this suggestion?
A fresh start to get rid of all the byes would be nice, but I don't want any coaches who are fighting for contention to
feel slighted. I'm leaving the decision in the coache's hands. I'd like to hear from each of you in the Champion, and
Archon divisions.