47 coaches online • Server time: 10:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really into this pro or human team recreation. Although that was whatball's original outline, I think we can do better.

I challenge you to come up with something more imaginative, that sways whatball into a more interesting theme (but staying relatively gimmick free).
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea of the hot pot having KOR. I'd really like it on gnomish dwarven cannons as well. Additional crew members put the thing into position and then get scared off the pitch immediately. Would make them (a bit) more useful. Plus, KOR is a fun skill you don't see that often, even more so in stunty leeg (I guess). Smile

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Is KOR realistic though? How movable is a Hot Pot. As for crew, the crew can be considered 'surplus'. Put on the icon, but useless without the machine itself, so the crew can be considered worthless without the machine.

As soon as it's gone, they go with it, repairing or buying a new machine.
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

How about something like this (leaving aside costs, decent names, etc):

0-16 halflings (as normal)
0-2 catchers: 5/2/4/6 catch, dodge, stunty.
0-2 runners: 6/2/3/6 sure hands, dodge, stunty
0-2 blitzers: 5/3/3/6 wrestle, dodge, stunty, sure feet
0-1 treeman (as usual, possibly with loner)

No idea why people think these halflings should have a decent throwing game... they are still like 2' tall. But catchers and runners seem like good fits for a halfling positional (I could see dropping them to AV5, and maybe going with diving catch / sure feet instead).

I'm less certain about the blitzer skills but figured wrestle is a fairly fling thing - they're like cuddly teddy-bears really.

Skill-access, I guess A/GSP for all the flings; not sure if giving the blitzers GA would be a bit over-powered in stunty leeg?

EDIT: hot-pot could work, but maybe as a star player instead of a roster position? Or leave it for the sneaky cheating halfling team developed later...

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely at least 1 Treeman or perhaps an Ogre for the Halflings. Some ttm should also be included. Can't see why any s2 halfling would not have right stuff.
Maybe give throwers sure hands and pass while catchers have catch (and dodge) but stick with ag3 to start and general skills only come for some special blocker/blitzer type. Maybe a grossly fat one with s3 who can't be thrown.
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The only other imaginative (not just short human team) idea that i've seen was something akin to a rugby team..

0-16 Flings 5/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty A
0-3 Forwards 4/3/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Stand Firm, Thick Skull SA
0-5 Backs 6/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Nerves of Steel, Dump off A

i.e. No forward-throwing quarterback. Just a lot of Runner types. and some LOSers...

Come to think of it, I really like this!

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

There's millions of themes. A strong one I've mentioned is Robin Hood esque. Stealing after all is very Halfling, and the look..........tis to die for.

Right stuff shows the willingness and size to be thrown. It isn't compulsory on anything ST 2. A Fling catcher may consider himself a star, and like any good actor shouldn't be expected to do his own stunts.

Such fluff has been hinted in the past.
baelnic

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

jimimothybodles wrote:
The only other imaginative (not just short human team) idea that i've seen was something akin to a rugby team..

0-16 Flings 5/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty A
0-3 Forwards 4/3/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Stand Firm, Thick Skull SA
0-5 Backs 6/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Nerves of Steel, Dump off A

i.e. No forward-throwing quarterback. Just a lot of Runner types. and some LOSers...

Come to think of it, I really like this!

Is a 4+ dumpoff that exciting? Seems to me you need at least ag4 to counter act stunty for passing, or have all of them start with accurate.

It also seems that something on this team would need G access to make up for it's lack of killer
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

0-16 Halflings 5 2 3 6 Dodge, stunty, Right Stuff A
0-2 Catcher 6 2 4 5 Catch, Dodge, Stunty A
0-2 Thrower 5 2 4 5 Pass, Stunty, Dodge, AP
0-4 Blitzer 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Pro, Stunty, A
0-1 Treeman usual stats, with loner as there is only 1

I like it, though I'm not sure about the loner on the tree.
(goblin trolls get loner, and there's 2 of them?)

And I'd say give the blitzers G access.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
(goblin trolls get loner, and there's 2 of them?)

yup and that is a stupid mistake Razz

but I could take or leave loner. not really fussed, I think the roster needs some play testing really. its going to be a tough balancing act getting the ag4 bit right.

In fact we could easily do it in test mode.

Whatball I think you should get a few testers on the case with a roster you are happy with and test stuff out in safe mode. if the roster is balanced at a low TV then the rest can be taken care of in time.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

As I see it just because there is two trolls does not mean they get along well in groups and train.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Halflings 5/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty A/GPS 30k
0-4 Halfling Pro 4/2/2/8 Wrestle, Pro, Dodge, Stunty A/GPS 60k
0-4 Halfling Veteran 7/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Decay, Nerves of Steel AP/GS 60k
0-1 Halfling Superstar 5/2/3/10 Dodge, Stunty, Fan Favorite GA/PS 100k

Grown fat (fatter?) with the spoils of stardom, the Halfling Pro has learned from his years of experience that the safest place on a Bloodbowl field is laying down.

Whether from the constant bloodshed, close contact with Firewyrms and Beasts of Nurgle, or just repeated visits to the apothecary, something has broken inside the Halfling Veteran, both physically and mentally. On the plus side, his refusal and/or inability to eat has made him more svelte and athletic, even if he looks dead behind the eyes.

Rich and famous for deeds off the pitch, this celebrity of Halfling society is making his Bloodbowl debut. Halfling fans turn out in droves to see the Halfling Superstar play while the other races just want to see him get hurt- but they'll have to get through his expensive mithril undershirt first!
____

The idea was to consider what a Halfling player looks like with some years of experience under their belt. Some turn to vices like food, drink and drug abuse. Others just snap. Finally, the Fan Favorite positional is a gimmick that hasn't been explored, and Halfling Pro is the only team in which it would make sense.

I worry the Halfling Pro is too weak of a player in this roster, but I am unsure in what way to improve them.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
As I see it just because there is two trolls does not mean they get along well in groups and train.

yeah the fact there is two really doesnt matter tbh, i just think gobos could do without the unreliability of Loner Trolls tbh. I think it was pretty daft really. but that is for another thread.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking... k, here.

0-16 Halfling 30k
0-2 Halfling Burglar: 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Strip Ball A 40k
0-2 Halfling Runner: 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Nerves of Steel AP 50k
0-2 Halfling Urchin: 6 1 4 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch A 60k
0-2 Halfling Blitzer: 5 3 2 7 Dodge, Pro GA 70k
0-2 Ogre

I think AG4/Stunty wants ST1. Treemen love the challenge, and beating on little guys is beneath their dignity. Ogres are just hungry.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %24, %2013 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
Demha

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

gudamor wrote:
0-16 Halflings 5/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty A/GPS 30k
0-4 Halfling Pro 4/2/2/8 Wrestle, Pro, Dodge, Stunty A/GPS 60k
0-4 Halfling Veteran 7/2/3/6 Dodge, Stunty, Decay, Nerves of Steel AP/GS 60k
0-1 Halfling Superstar 5/2/3/10 Dodge, Stunty, Fan Favorite GA/PS 100k

Grown fat (fatter?) with the spoils of stardom, the Halfling Pro has learned from his years of experience that the safest place on a Bloodbowl field is laying down.

Whether from the constant bloodshed, close contact with Firewyrms and Beasts of Nurgle, or just repeated visits to the apothecary, something has broken inside the Halfling Veteran, both physically and mentally. On the plus side, his refusal and/or inability to eat has made him more svelte and athletic, even if he looks dead behind the eyes.

Rich and famous for deeds off the pitch, this celebrity of Halfling society is making his Bloodbowl debut. Halfling fans turn out in droves to see the Halfling Superstar play while the other races just want to see him get hurt- but they'll have to get through his expensive mithril undershirt first!
____

The idea was to consider what a Halfling player looks like with some years of experience under their belt. Some turn to vices like food, drink and drug abuse. Others just snap. Finally, the Fan Favorite positional is a gimmick that hasn't been explored, and Halfling Pro is the only team in which it would make sense.

I worry the Halfling Pro is too weak of a player in this roster, but I am unsure in what way to improve them.

I like these, but it needs more Hot Pot.
 Jump to: